1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wondering why thread was closed...

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions and Questions' started by MonstBlitz, Nov 5, 2011.

1. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
  2. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    I hate how it is looked upon. I like going back and revisiting threads. I make mistakes all the time and enjoy going back and looking at how much of an idiot I am.

We sit here and debate all the time, why shouldn't we be able to go back and visit those debates just because some people can't admit when they were wrong? I think it makes the forum so much better.

MonstBlitz likes this.
  3. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Amen. We've all been right or wrong countless times on these forums. A month or so ago, I bumped one where I was ridiculously wrong (thread where I thought Welker would suck without Moss). All we do is speculate this board. If we don't go back from time to time to see how we did, what's the point?

4. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Probably because you bumped it specifically to rub someone's nose in it.

It wasn't classy at all and the kind of thing we actively discourage on this forum.

As such, we do not reward that type of behavior. If you hadn't gone after folks personally or posted in a more mature manner, the thread likely remains open.

Which sucks because I had something to add to it. Oh well.

Celtkin and Stringer Bell like this.
  5. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    What did I do that was so wrong? You guys are always saying attack the post, not the poster. The poster I quoted said McKinnie was not even close to playing. That post turned out to be wrong. I did not personally attack that person in any way shape or form just pointed out they were wrong. I've had far worse done and said to me. I can find a post where I was called a fool and reported it, and not a damn thing was done.

You guys tend to "moderate" people who are debating against those you know personally or if you support their arguments.

The over moderation lately has really been a drag.

6. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Bumping a thread with the specific intent of saying a poster was wrong and needs to eat crow is different than bumping a thread to discuss what the thread had been created to discuss.

7. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Let me just see if I have this straight...posters, such as, the same poster I quoted in that thread can tell someone they are wrong, often rudely so, without any evidence, and that's cool. But to go back to a thread with evidence after the fact to tell the poster you actually weren't wrong (without making any personal attacks), is grounds for getting a thread closed.

Ok. Got it.

And once again, the moderation here has been very biased. Either you treat those you know personally better than the rest of us or you unfairly moderate those whose opinions you don't agree with. I enjoy this board greatly but the past week has really pushed me over the edge and I need to vent. If you guys feel like you need to ban me over it, so be it. I reported a post where I was personally attacked and not one moderator lifted a finger. The post wasn't even deleted. Meanwhile I've received warnings for virtually nothing. And now today a thread that was an interesting look back on a past discussion is closed for no reason. I did nothing to violate the terms of service. Not only that but I'm called "unclassy" and my maturity is questioned.

Do you guys want me to start listing every instance where a poster has jokingly asked another poster to eat crow on this board? I didn't even single one person out with the crow eating remark. It was a tongue in cheek remark aimed at several posters.

Whatever. This place is more and more getting a very "good old boy network" vibe and it's a real turn off. I'm sure you guys will tell me to just get lost if I don't like it rather than reflect on the unfair moderation that's been going on lately, but so be it.

8. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    No, you do not have it straight. And I don't believe you're being honest with me here. I told you exactly why the thread was closed, and you continue to deny it. TOS says -- in bold letters -- to be polite. Your post was not. Thread closed. If there was rudeness earlier in it, perhaps we should have closed it months ago. Your post got it closed yesterday.

I realize you're taking my reply personally, but I ask that you re-read what I actually wrote. It appeared you were passive-aggressively insinuating (and have since removed any doubt) favoritism and/or incompetence. I was direct in my reply but didn't insult you personally. After reading the linked post, I felt you were being disingenuous. Maybe I should have exercised more patience, but generally I have little for that.

It doesn't matter if someone else is rude. It's your responsibility to handle yourself in accordance of the rules. Two wrongs don't make a right. I might have believed that your post was tongue-in-cheek if you didn't just tell me the person you quoted in your bump was consistently rude and was rude earlier in the thread.

As far as reported posts, I see two back in September. Both of which were dealt with. The guy that insulted you was a re-register and was banned. Unfortunately we neglected to edit the post. We're human, and I apologize for that error. But fingers were indeed lifted. Though you generally will have no idea who gets disciplined and how since we do that privately.

Beyond that, I don't know what else to tell you. Your mind appears made up. And we're going to continue approaching this type of situation in this manner. I believe you would be on board with this, because -- in your view -- we're not enforcing as often we need to be.

Stringer Bell likes this.
  9. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    Bumping old threads for purposes of gloating or ridiculizing a member is considered Annoyance by our staff and can be sanctioned with points depending on the Mods judgement.Those threads are usually locked in such circumstances.

10. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    It's not that I was upset that a post insulting me wasn't deleted. It's that I felt what I said to the poster that got the thread closed was so harmless in comparison.

Questioning your moderation policies aren't going to get me anywhere, so I'll just leave it alone. I just think it's sad that what could have been a good discussion ended so abruptly. I could be wrong, but I don't think I hurt the poster's feelings and it seemed like he was interested in continuing the debate. I was legitimately surprised that my comment resulted in moderation. I've been guilty of things in the past, and I've never been surprised to see those posts deleted. When I look at my comment I really don't see where I was antagonizing anyone. But agree to disagree I guess. I apologize for causing any beefs, and it was not my intent.

11. MonstBlitz

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    I would like to respectfully remind the moderators of everything that was said in this thread and call to attention that there are several posters bumping old threads yesterday and today and personally attacking members for things said in those threads. It's getting nasty and I would expect these threads be closed based on the rules outlined here.

12. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    it's funny. They deleted my joke to saying 3 wins at most and Tanny a bust?

Lol wow. Someone's up tight.

13. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    Sorry, I havent had power til yesterday for about 2 weeks. In the future please report which ones. As a member of this board we empower you to help us reign in threads that get nasty/silly/wasteful etc and drag down the quality of the board. I know you know how to do use the ! button.

MonstBlitz and CrunchTime like this.