1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would Farve Signing move our Pre-Season game to national TV?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by shaunm000, Aug 6, 2008.

1. shaunm000

shaunm000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Oviedo
    Luckily, I live in Orlando and will get to see the game either way. But a thought occured to me, if Farve were to sign by today and be in a Buc uniform by Saturday and possibly play a snap or two..... Would a national network pick up the feed?

2. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    I didn't even think about that. I sure hope so! Otherwise I'll be listening on Sirius.

3. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    I doubt he'd play even one snap this weekend.

TheAnswer385 and texasPHINSfan like this.
  4. shaunm000

Nov 25, 2007
    Oviedo
    really? oh come on! its like riding a bike for him....

5. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    New team, new offense, new play book... PRESEASON... = Favre not playing this weekend. Although maybe you are right, he'll be riding a bike on the sidelines!

TheAnswer385 likes this.
  6. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    neither favre nor garcia will be playing this weekend. it'll be griese and luke mccown getting most of the work.

7. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    I don't even think this trade is done.

8. Phin-o-rama

Phin-o-rama Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2007
    luke vs. josh!!!

chainsaw battle

MonstBlitz and pennphinfan like this.
  9. NJFINSFAN1

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Seems the Jets maybe in the running after all.

COOK: FAVRE WILLING TO PLAY FOR JETS OR BUCS
    Posted by Mike Florio on August 6, 2008, 10:08 a.m.

Agent Bus Cook tells Clifton Brown of Sporting News that quarterback Brett Favre is now willing to play for the Jets or the Buccaneers, and that Favre hopes that a trade will be completed by Thursday, at the latest.

“Brett feels he needs to get into training camp,” Bus Cook told Brown. ”He’s ready to get started.”

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...-jets-or-bucs/

10. shaunm000

Nov 25, 2007
    Oviedo
    Yeha i was speculating....Thats why in my post i said if he were to sign by today.

11. NJFINSFAN1

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2008/08/jets-still-in-the-hunt-for-fav.html

August 6, 2008
    Jets still in the hunt for Favre
    Good morning, Jets fans. You’re still in the hunt for Brett Favre.

It appears to be the Jets vs. Bucs, although with the ever-indecisive Favre making decisions, it’s impossible to rule out other scenarios - i.e. staying retired.

There are conflicting reports this morning on the Favre saga. The Tampa Tribune is reporting that Favre-to-the-Bucs is a virtual done deal, that it could be announced as soon as today. FoxSports.com is saying that the Jets have a better offer on the table, but Favre still hasn’t warmed to the idea of playing in New York.

My gut still tells me the Bucs are the favorite, that the Favre camp is using the Jets as leverage, hoping the Bucs cough up a better offer to the Packers. But, make no mistake, the Jets are in this, trying to convince Favre they’re the right spot. The Jets spoke directly to Favre last night, according to ESPN and the NFL Network.

The Jets have been hiding out in the weeds for 12 days, waiting for this chance. Now they have it and, from all indications, they’re trying to get it done. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if they’re offering QB Chad Pennington, who would be a solid complement to the inexperienced Aaron Rodgers.

This is going to be a wild day.

The Jets if offering Pennington is a good move also for the Pack, they have no vets on the team minus Farve.

12. pennphinfan

pennphinfan Stelin Canez Arcade Scorz

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles

Josh: I AM NOW CUTTING OFF LUKE'S HEAD WITH A CHAINSAW....

.... rrrrnng rrrrng rnnng rnng....

13. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    I agree that Favre would not play even if a deal were to get done, but just the fact that he might be on the sidelines or had been traded to that team might warrant the game being broadcast nationally. Look at the way this circus has gone on so far! Favre taking a leak is getting media attention these days!

14. PhinGeneral

PhinGeneral PC Texas A&M, Bro Club Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Swamps of Jersey
    Probably not, unless it's the NFL network. The major networks all have their schedules set up and resources allocated.

15. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    Im almost certain he will not play this weekend against us.

16. texasPHINSfan

texasPHINSfan New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Bellevue, WA
    ugh, you mean i can't even go to a miami dolphins board without hearing about Favre? i don't mean to sound harsh, but i am SO sick of this guy and hearing about all this mess. This dude has completely tarnished his legacy by doing what he is doing. hanging up the cleats, then changing his mind, then blaming the team for moving on?

what a poor way brett handled his exit from the league. i really feel for the packers, such a delicate situation but they were acting in the team's best interest.

17. shaunm000

Nov 25, 2007
    Oviedo
    Keyword Favre= Delete