1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you trade a 3rd round pick for Boldin or Morrison?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Paul 13, Mar 4, 2010.

Trade the third round pick for Anquan Boldin, Kirk Morrison, or keep the pick?

1. Anquan Boldin

47 vote(s)
    72.3%
  2. Kirk Morrison

6 vote(s)
    9.2%
  3. Keep the pick

12 vote(s)
    18.5%
  1. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Arizona supposedly would take a third for WR Boldin. The Raiders only put a third round tender on LB Kirk Morrison. Boldin turns 30 this year, Morrison 28. WR and ILB are unquestionable needs. What would you do?

Fin-Omenal likes this.
  2. DolfanTom

DolfanTom Livin' and Dyin' w/ Ryan!

Apr 26, 2008
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    Yes, for Boldin, a thousand times yes!!!

bigbry likes this.
  3. Jackson

Jackson Bruce Banner

Mar 24, 2008
    Connecticut/Florida
    Boldin is better than any third round pick we have made since probably JT. The perfect deal would be a conditional 4th that would turn into a third but I would gladly take him for a third.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
  4. DolfanTom

DolfanTom Livin' and Dyin' w/ Ryan!

Apr 26, 2008
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    That's actually a great idea. And I think our contract offer to him after should be something respectable, w/ incentives for playing time (i.e. staying healthy).

Jackson likes this.
  5. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    Morrison may be a 'cheaper' option than Dansby ... so it's certainly a consideration - albeit, he is older.

Boldin, not sure .... he is clearly better than what we have, but his health is certainly a consideration - that and he will want a new contract immediately, and a large one at that.

6. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Perfect!!!! Then use our third on Morrison :up:

7. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    WOW.. not a lot of love for Morrison.

8. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Morrison is a player. No, he is not Dansby, but the guy can play. I would go with him.

Boldin is just......man, wish we could have had him a few years ago. I think he is on the decline, personally. He is also going to want to get paid. I just do not see him in the plans because he is not a long-term (realistically) option. He might have a couple of years left in the tank. His recent injury history really worries me, too.

I take Morrison. Of course, I like LBs, so, maybe I'm a little bias?

gunn34, Tin Indian and Paul 13 like this.
  9. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    I would go Morrison all day. That guy can play and he is just stuck on a crap team. Also I have less health concerns with him. Boldin is a good WR who is getting older and cant stay healthy now. Simple choice IMO

Paul 13 likes this.
  10. Anonymous

Anonymous Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Jul 5, 2009
    I'd rather keep the pick and just sign Dansby and Bryant.

Tin Indian and dolfan7171 like this.
  11. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Morrison and Dansby? :yes:

Paul 13 and Fin-Omenal like this.
  12. High Definition

High Definition No Smoke / No Drink 2011+

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    Boldin. Boldin. Boldin.

Imagine the difference Boldin and Dansby would make for both sides of the ball for this football team. Then, you throw in the rest of our play money in free agency as well as a first and second round pick.

TheAnswer385 likes this.
  13. pennywise

pennywise New Member

Jan 8, 2009
    palm beach county
    yes...lets get bold in miami

Jackson likes this.
  14. gunn34

gunn34 I miss Don & Dan

Jan 5, 2008
    Oviedo FL
    That's too bad. Marshall would kill the newest jest Cromartie. Boldin would get physical with him too, but I would be worried about him getting hurt.

15. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    I'd trade a 3rd for Anquan in a second. Look what we did with our 3rd last year. Patrick Turner. Didn't even sniff the field. Morrison, I don't think so. We like Big backers here.

16. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

That's a tough one, Paul....On one hand, both ILB and #1 WR are major needs however neither spot 'puts us over the top' either. I voted for Boldin, because we need to see what Henne can do with a legit #1 WR and waiting for a draft choice to develop may take too long, even if we have a Dez or Benn drop into our laps. ILB is a major need but can be addressed in either FA via a Dansby or via the draft with McClain. The bottom line is that in FA, one or the other spot (ILB or WR) must be addressed. After that, we can debate the draft...

17. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    You guys might as well get it out of your minds and move on
    the Dolphins aren't going to drop a 3rd round pick for Boldin
    they want dansby in FA we know but they aren't going to give up the cash to Boldin
    he wants way too much money for a 30yr old part time WR

18. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Well, my answer was in response to the specific question of whether I would give up a 3rd rounder for Morrison, Boldin or keep it. I chose Boldin as both positions are 'must have' positions this offseason and we are in the thick of the Dansby sweepstakes. Either way, we need to upgrade both the WR and ILB spots on this roster. Given that cash, in theory, is not an issue (as many are thinking this way due to the CBA situation), I'd give the pick to get Boldin and pay him the cash before I'd do the same for Morrison...

Another thought: Since we are in an uncapped situation, should money be the main issue ?? Not that it isn't a major consideration by the troika, but for the purposes of this thread, money wasn't considered an issue.