1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wow...

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Dolphins1Beatles, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    Way too many turnovers and missed opportunities, as well as penalties. They left about 10-17 points on the field with all of that.

Why the hell would they force the ball down the field in overtime with plenty of time on the clock? Barring a complete collapse by the Broncos, Ravens or Patriots this season is over and done. Man September is a long ways away.

At least the Jets lost.

2. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    I don't know why they blew the whistle on the Jason taylor strip & recovery in OT there had been 3-4 scrums just like that earlier in the game where it wasn't called until the pile collapsed.

Really looked like he was losing control of the ball to me and he was still trying to fight forward.

Absolute bull**** call if you ask me.

eric and Merauder like this.
  3. Dolphins1Beatles

Dolphins1Beatles Ziggy Stardust

Oct 9, 2009
    New York
    True. But these are the same refs that earlier gave a holding call on Soliai, and the one who gave it wasn't anywhere near him to see, he was on the sideline.

Looked like there was a late hit on henne, Brady or Manning were back there it would've been called. Still shouldn't have tried to throw that deep with 14 minutes on the clock.

Merauder likes this.
  4. 2k5

2k5 I miss Ted Ginn Jr.

Nov 28, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    The holding on Soliai and the "late hit" on Camarillo were absolute bull****. I'm sure there were others.

Merauder likes this.
  5. Crappy Tipper

Crappy Tipper AKA Hero13

Aug 23, 2008
    Very true.

As much as I think those effed up calls hurt us, turnovers and a lack of closing the pocket around young are really what lost the game.

We never had good starting field position off of the kickoff return and shot themselves in the foot over and over again.

The Aqua Crush likes this.
  6. Ricky Williams

Ricky Williams New Member

Sep 10, 2008
    As much as it hurts, this shouldn't come as a suprise. This team has been getting F'ed by the refs the whole year. It's amazing how the refs are deciding games for us. It's one thing to shoot yourselves in the foot and still overcome it, but to shoot yourself and then have the refs come in and stab you in the back is damn near impossible to overcome.

eric and Merauder like this.
  7. fins4o8

fins4o8 Mac FTW!

Nov 25, 2007
    its because Kraft *****ed to Goodell about the Pats not making the playoffs last year at 11-5 & the league is making sure they do go this year. its all a set-up.

Merauder likes this.
  8. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Well, I'm sure the league got payback for that Monday Night Jets game they wanted us to lose so bad (Phantom PI anyone?)

9. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    If you watched the game live, right after the game winning field goal was kicked the cameras switched views and showed Tennessee's reaction from the bench. Players jumped up and down, the coach smiled, and to the far left of the screen you see a referee thrust his hands in the air and begin to cheer. I think this explains all of the "poor calls" or no calls.

The one that really got me was the Camarillo late hit play....if you can find the full replay Henne was leveled two full seconds after he threw the interception. QB's are literally studied every second they are on the field with the new NFL rules involving roughing the passer, so there's no way this was accidentally overlooked. Regardless of what else happened, Miami should have retained posession fifteen yards down the field and it would have been a completely different game.

10. DolfanCole

DolfanCole Season Ticket Holder

Jan 4, 2008
    Hampton, VA
    I don't think he was losing the ball. He was picked up by three Dolphins and JT just reached in and yanked the ball out of his hand. Still, the whistle shouldn't have been blown, particularly, as you point out, they've been letting the plays continue all day.