1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WQAM reporting Sherman removed as OC

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ASOT, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Fineas

Fineas Club Member Luxury Box

Jan 5, 2008
    If Ireland and Philbin both stay (which I am not in favor of), I think that pretty much exposes as bunk all of the theories of them hating each other, not being on the same page and not working well together. I don't see any way that Ross took the time that he has, met with everyone and then decided to keep both guys if they were badmouthing each other, pointing fingers at each other or even just expressing very different philosophies.

2. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    How about the goddamn Ravens last year. Or the Panthers this year.

Study before you cry, it makes you look less ridiculous.

3. ASOT

ASOT New Member

Mar 29, 2013
    Coral Gables, FL
    This ISN'T what Philbin wanted, most likely he was given an ultimatum by Ross (instigated by Ireland) fire Sherman or be fired yourself. That should make Philbin a real happy camper. It's obvious Ross learned NOTHING from 2011.

4. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Interesting news for some people

5. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    You don't know that at all. Quit spreading conjecture as fact.

6. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Dude that gif though.... :lol:

7. Phinfanjt

Phinfanjt New Member

Jan 29, 2013
    Polishing a turd

8. PhinsRDbest

PhinsRDbest Transform and Transcend

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    Genius move by Vince, making himself a heal charicter. What better villain than your own boss.

9. gilv13

gilv13 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2009
    That GIF wins the internets for today.

Finfangirl likes this.
  10. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Could be a blessing the Pack got eliminated already, if McAdoo is whom Philbin wants.

11. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Not mine, credit the guy who made it. Had 2 repost though, too damn funny...

12. Fineas

Fineas Club Member Luxury Box

Jan 5, 2008
    But I don't think their improvement was really linked to any major personnel changes. Lotulelei was a good pick but at 14 was one lots of people would have made. the rest of their team is pretty similar to last year's team.

13. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010

14. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

It was a great move. Getting in the ring took balls too. Funny to think "Mr. McMahon" was just a persona considering how natural it seemed.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

15. PhinsRDbest

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    I thought it was his loyalty to Mike McCarthy that he wouldn't hire anyone from the Packers staff?

16. Oghma

Oghma Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Scotland
    I doff my cap to that individual, whoever and wherever they are.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

17. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Another source for McAdoo.

unluckyluciano and Rocky Raccoon like this.
  18. Mainge

Mainge Season Ticket Holder

Mar 23, 2008
    West Palm Beach
    We ran quite a bit of screens this year and we were awful at them.

unluckyluciano and finyank13 like this.
  19. Oghma

Oghma Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Scotland
    Does anyone have information on McAdoo? This is the first time I've heard his name.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

20. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    [​IMG]

Brasfin and Sumlit like this.
  21. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Thats ****in epic...rofl. I love that....should be an instant internet classic!

22. PhinsRDbest

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    lol

23. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    The Ravens last year? They fired an OC middle of the year. How does that have any relevance to the question I asked?

Or wait, you can just break it down to every technicality.

How about you simply not answer it or just say the Ravens or Panthers? It was an honest question, with no hint of crying. Calm down tough guy.

24. finserg

finserg Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Linden,NJ
    Agree lets keep it going

ASOT likes this.
  25. Sumlit

Sumlit Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Miami
    Muahahahahahahaha Ireland as Grima Wormtongue and Ross as decrepit Theoden. Priceless!

mlb1399 and MonstBlitz like this.
  26. firedan

firedan Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    palm beach county fl
    Go! Go,go!

27. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I don't like the idea of hiring a guy whose primary qualification is he knows a guy.

Mainge and unifiedtheory like this.
  28. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    You made two false statements/assumptions and I corrected them, then you went and got attitudinal.

29. vt_dolfan

From the Green Bay Packers Web Site:

McAdoo was appointed to his current position on Feb. 13, 2012, by Head Coach Mike McCarthy, as part of a series of staff changes on the offensive side of the ball that came in the aftermath of former coordinator Joe Philbin being named head coach of the Miami Dolphins. In his current role, McAdoo works closely with three-time Pro Bowl QB Aaron Rodgers, who is entering his sixth season as the franchise’s starter under center.

Following his near-unanimous selection as the NFL’s Most Valuable Player in 2011, Rodgers continued to flourish under McAdoo’s direction in 2012. He was once again voted the Pro Bowl starter for the NFC after completing 371 of 552 attempts for 4,295 yards with 39 TDs against just eight INTs and leading the league in passer rating for the second consecutive season (108.0).

Maybe most impressive was that Rodgers maintained his remarkable level of play in the face of seemingly constant injuries and lineup shuffling on the offensive side of the ball. Throughout the season, he captained an offense that saw five different players start at running back, five different offensive line combinations and the loss of top targets Greg Jennings and Jordy Nelson for a combined 12 games and extended parts of others. Despite the lack of continuity around him, he managed to guide the league’s No. 5-ranked scoring offense (27.1 ppg.), while also ranking second in the NFL in touchdown passes and third in completion percentage (67.2).

Prior to drawing his most recent assignment, McAdoo served as the team’s tight ends coach for six seasons.

In 2011, he helped then fourth-year pro Jermichael Finley make his return to the field following a season-ending knee injury suffered in 2010. Finley was named a Pro Bowl alternate after playing in all 16 games for the first time and setting new career highs with 767 yards and eight touchdowns, while matching his previous career best with 55 catches and becoming the first tight end in franchise history to post two 55-catch seasons. In addition to Finley, McAdoo helped develop second-year men Tom Crabtree and Andrew Quarless into adept blockers up front. Quarless appeared in 10 games before suffering a season-ending knee injury of his own in Week 13 and Crabtree played in all 16 games, starting a career-high nine of them.

In 2010, Finley got off to a torrid start under McAdoo’s tutelage, posting 21 catches for 301 yards and a touchdown in the opening four games. That included back-to-back 100-yard receiving performances as Finley joined Paul Coffman (1979) as the only TEs in team annals to accomplish that feat. Finley’s three career 100-yard games already rank No. 2 in franchise history behind Coffman (six).

After Finley sustained his knee injury on the opening series at Washington in Week 5, Quarless, then a rookie, and Crabtree, who held a first-year player designation, moved into more significant roles under McAdoo’s guidance. Quarless went on to post 21 receptions for 238 yards, the best marks by a Green Bay rookie TE in both categories since Bubba Franks (34-363) in 2000. Quarless’ 62 receiving yards at Detroit in Week 14 were the most by a Packers rookie TE since Ron Kramer posted 68 at Detroit on Nov. 28, 1957.

In 2009, McAdoo oversaw one of the most productive seasons in team history by the tight ends. With the emergence of youngsters Finley and Spencer Havner, along with another year of steady production from veteran Donald Lee, Green Bay’s tight ends posted a collective 99 receptions for 1,048 yards, franchise records in both categories.

Finley (55 receptions) and Lee (37) became the first tight-end duo in franchise history to each post 35-plus receptions in the same season, and they were one of only two tandems in the league to do so in 2009, along with New Orleans’ Jeremy Shockey and David Thomas. Meanwhile, with Finley (five TDs) and Havner (four), the Packers were the only team in the NFL to have two tight ends catch at least four TD passes apiece.

The emergence of Finley, a third-round draft choice in 2008, was not a surprise after seeing the marked improvement he made in his first season. McAdoo helped Finley steadily learn the pro game as a rookie, and Finley flashed his tremendous potential over the final two games of the season, posting three receptions for 64 yards and his first NFL touchdown.

In 2007, it was former backup Lee enjoying a breakout year as he moved into a starting role. Lee posted career highs with 48 catches for 575 yards and six TDs, and he followed that up with consistent production in 2008-09 to become the first Packers tight end since Coffman (1981-83) to catch at least 35 passes in three consecutive seasons.

Upon arriving in Green Bay in 2006, McAdoo helped the Packers’ tight ends adapt successfully to additional blocking and pass-protection duties they hadn’t previously been assigned. The added assistance helped a young offensive line, with as many as three rookie starters at times, allow just 24 sacks all season.

Originally named to the tight ends post Jan. 17, 2006, the 36-year-old McAdoo replaced Philbin, who was then the lone holdover from the previous coaching staff and had been made the team’s offensive line coach after McCarthy had been introduced as head coach. In each of McAdoo’s previous two NFL tenures, he has worked with McCarthy.

McAdoo came to Green Bay from the San Francisco 49ers, where he served as assistant offensive line/quality control coach in 2005. In that role, he assisted the offensive line and tight ends.

Prior to joining the 49ers, he had a brief stint at Stanford University as tackles and tight ends coach. He resigned after the ’05 recruiting season to take the 49ers position and reunite with McCarthy, then the San Francisco offensive coordinator, with whom he worked in New Orleans the previous season.

McAdoo, pronounced (MACK-ah-doo), entered the NFL coaching ranks in 2004 with the New Orleans Saints as an offensive assistant/quality control. He worked directly with McCarthy and assisted the offensive line and tight ends.

Prior to working in the NFL, McAdoo spent 2003 as an offensive assistant at the University of Pittsburgh, helping the Panthers earn a trip to the Continental Tire Bowl after an 8-5 season. At season’s end, the University of Akron hired him as an assistant coach, but he stayed only through the ’04 recruiting period before joining the Saints staff.

Earlier, he served as offensive line/tight ends coach at Fairfield (Conn.) University in 2002. After that campaign, the head coach left the team and McAdoo was appointed assistant head coach before the program was disbanded.

He began his college coaching career at Michigan State (2001) as a special teams/offensive assistant, on the heels of coaching four years at the high school level. He spent two years in the Homer Center school district in Pennsylvania and two years in the Indiana (Pa.) area.

McAdoo attended Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP) and earned a degree in health and physical education. Later, he received his master’s degree in kinesiology from Michigan State.

Born July 9, 1977, in Homer City, Pa., McAdoo lives with his family in Oneida.

http://www.packers.com/team/coaches/ben-mcadoo/ddde86ed-0482-4a5b-a422-b1f710c03fd2

30. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Bring in Brian Daboll 2.0. Superbowl here we come!!!! Note sarcasm. We have an owner who does not learn from his mistakes. The root problem is Jeff Ireland. You've kemo therapied away Mike Sherman but the tumor that is Jeff Ireland remains.

ASOT likes this.
  31. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    That eliminates a large majority of candidates no?

Mainge likes this.
  32. KB21

KB21 Almost Never Wrong Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Yep. The main problem is Ireland. There is still some hope that Ireland will be canned. Think of the positive PR that would come about if Miami hires Dan Marino, and he's the one that fires Jeff Ireland.

PhinsRDbest, ASOT and MonstBlitz like this.
  33. vt_dolfan

I can see McAdoo as a QB coach....but...OC? He has no history of play calling what so ever....

34. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Yeah... this isn't going to work. Pretty sure Philbin did not want to let go of Sherman, boy what a trainwreck.

ASOT likes this.
  35. Shamboubou

Shamboubou Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The fact our QB Coach and O-Line coach were related to the OC makes you really wonder if they were really the best person for the job or getting an opportunity because of who they know.

fins1 likes this.
  36. KB21

KB21 Almost Never Wrong Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Hmm. That's like pretty much every offensive coordinator that has ever gotten a job.

McAdoo should be good, but he will need talent.....talent that Jeff Ireland is too incompetent to give him.

ASOT likes this.
  37. Sumlit

Sumlit Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Miami
    So, Ireland will preside over four OC and at least two HC. At which point the focus will shift from coaching and play-calling to personnel and roster management?

Starry31 and ASOT like this.
  38. heylookatme

heylookatme Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2012
    McAdoo's contract is up, that's why he would be available. If Ross is willing to take a shot at the Panthers model (new OC and GM), I think that could work.

I think McAdoo could be a good hire. Sherman did not run the current Green Bay system, correct?

39. ASOT

ASOT New Member

Mar 29, 2013
    Coral Gables, FL
    (says Jeff Ireland) : Perfect !

40. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Why are so effing positive Ireland won't be fired?