1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WR Devin Thomas News

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by ATVZ400, Apr 14, 2008.

Tags:
  1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    04/14/08 - There’s one question NFL teams have about Michigan State wide receiver Devin Thomas. Is he a one-year wonder? Thomas started just one season for the Spartans. He wasn’t even a starter coming out of spring ball last year. Now, he may be the first wide receiver taken in the NFL draft. “It just happened so fast,” Thomas told reporters after Michigan State’s Pro Day last month. Thomas, a 6-1 7/8 , 216-pounder, caught just six passes as a sophomore at Michigan State after transferring from Coffeyville (Kan.) Community College. But he blossomed as a junior in coach Mark Dantonio’s first season at Michigan State, catching a school-record 79 passes for 1,260 yards and eight touchdowns while leading the Big Ten in kickoff returns with a 29.1-yard average and record 1,135 yards. That was enough for Thomas to decide to turn pro. “I felt I proved enough,” Thomas said at the scouting combine. “I had a solid season, and there’s a lot more I can improve on. I have the ability and potential to improve my career in the NFL.” Thomas boosted his NFL stock at the combine when he ran a 4.38 in the 40-yard dash. “I just feel I answered the question that everybody wanted to know about my 40 speed,” Thomas said. “I don’t think a lot of people expected that. I think they expected a 4.5, so I think I shocked some people.” Even his teammates were surprised by his spectacular junior season. “We knew he was talented,” fullback Jehuu Caulcrick told the Detroit Free Press, “but we thought he’d be a possession receiver who’d get 10 yards and help move the chains. But he became a big-play, deep-ball threat. We got a lot out of him.” - Randy Covitz, The Kansas City Star
    http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=67905

brandon27 likes this.
  2. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Nice, I like this kid. I think he maybe be the first WR taken in the draft, and I don't think he falls to us at 32. I know alot of places are saying a WR won't go first round, but I think he will.

3. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    UPDATE
    DEVIN IN DEMAND
    Posted by Mike Florio on April 15, 2008, 9:46 a.m.
    Michigan State receiver Devin Thomas, who could be one of the only wideouts take in round one, has three additional team visits scheduled.

Per a league source, Thomas is meeting with the Redskins, Cowboys, and Raiders. Thomas previously was scheduled to work out for the Ravens this week.

Surely, the Raiders aren’t considering Thomas at the No. 4 overall selection. Or are they? The Raiders don’t have a second-round pick or a third-round selection.

Perhaps the Raiders are planning a possible move down, and are doing their homework in the event that they’re picking lower in round one.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/04/15/devin-in-demand/

4. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I think he will go to Washington.