1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WR question

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by TheAnswer385, Feb 8, 2009.

Tags:

Who would you trade away if you had to pick one?

Poll closed Feb 11, 2009.
  1. Ginn

19 vote(s)
    27.1%
  2. Bess

7 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Camarillo

44 vote(s)
    62.9%
  1. TheAnswer385

TheAnswer385 Stay Low Run Free

Jan 7, 2008
    PA
    Everyone knows we will be looking at WR this offseason whether it be via draft, trade, or FA. If we get another receiver we will have an odd man out, and I think they will trade off one of our receivers. Who would you get rid of out of these three players: Ginn, Bess, and Camarillo? I don't have London in there because he is still an early project with huge upside.

2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

Keep them all and go 5 wide here and there :D

3. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    That was not the question.:shifty::shifty:

4. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

I answered it.

Why get rid of a guy. What happens if there's an injury?

Ducken and Bpk like this.
  5. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I don't know who I'd get rid of... But I know at this point, I'd really want to keep bess. That kid showed ALOT this year...

6. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    none of them

7. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I disagree, i dont see the urgency to add anyone thats gonna push 1 of our three on the pine. If iam the gm, iam looking for a cheap vet that knows his place, and will be happy being the 4th or 5th. Or iam trying to fill those spots with some late round kids.

Cammy, Ginn, Bess with another year to get a little bigger and faster, and i'am all good.

Who knows, they may go for a big splash and go for Boldin, or best receiver available with our first pick....i have a hard time believin that though, i really liked how our guys progressed and showed toughness during the year.

DeDolfan, mullingan, Ducken and 3 others like this.
  8. TheAnswer385

TheAnswer385 Stay Low Run Free

Jan 7, 2008
    PA
    lol..you guys are being difficult.
    I'm not saying this will happen but just seeing what you would do if you had to pull the trigger on one of these guys.

I picked Ginn only because the other two have sure hands.

I love all three of them though

9. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    No-one will be gotten rid of. There were times last season we only suited up three WR's. Chances are it will be a player from a different position not dressing. Wilford will be gone, that opens up a roster spot at least.

Ducken likes this.
  10. DOLFANMIKE

DOLFANMIKE FOOTBALL COACH 32 YEARS Luxury Box

Mar 22, 2008
    California
    none of them, but I voted Camarillo

11. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Alright I'll play.
    Since it's all in fun, I'll vote Camarillo - only because he'll be coming off a serious injury.

Larryfinfan likes this.
  12. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    Ginn

13. BrazForPhins

BrazForPhins From south

May 4, 2008
    5 spots

Ginn
    Bess
    Camarillo
    London
    ???

14. ASUFinFan

ASUFinFan Uh huh

Dec 8, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    All I know is that this is a big year for Ginn. Being the 9th overall pick, it is time to take the next level and really step up his level of play. Year 3 is a big one. I am anxiously optimistic.

Also, all three of those receivers are small guys. I'm a member of the camp that says we should add some bigger receivers to the mix this offseason.

FinFan_Est.1984 likes this.
  15. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    Ted Ginn.

Bess is a young talent who showed more this year than Ginn has in two seasons and Camarillo is Chad's safety blanket, much like Coles was here. You do whatever it takes to keep him around. Whatever it takes.

16. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    I dont see why ANYONE has to go considering we would still only have 4 other WR. If anyone saw a decrease in playing time it would be B. London.

17. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Its hypothetical. As TheAnswer385 said below, if you had to move one of the three, who do you choose?

18. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Yeah but my point is that the idea is completely unrealistic and would never happen because we have room on the roster.

If I HAVE to move one, it's Cam because he is having major knee surgery. But who would trade for that anyway? I doubt you could get more than a 5th for Bess at this point either. Only player left is Ginn and you won't get fair value their either.

I'd put Cam on IR :lol:

19. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    lol...i really cant choose, jesus i really am a homer.

TheAnswer385 likes this.
  20. Rhody Phins Fan

Rhody Phins Fan Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    I don't understand statements like this. How can Bess have showed more this year than Ginn has in two years when Ginn had the better season this year.

Ducken and unluckyluciano like this.
  21. bbqpitlover

bbqpitlover Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Maine
    Without a doubt I voted Ted Ginn Jr. The guy has been a bust with only one good game under his belt. Camerillo and Bess both have excellent hands and can do something Ginn can't do and that is run routes. Ginn is not nor ever will be a number one receiver, he just doesn't have that kind of talent, at best he is next Desmond Howard.

22. 124

124 Banned

May 12, 2008
    Ginn's season was made on one great game, 7 for 175 against Buffalo early in the year, and his stats went DOWN as the season moved on while Bess continued to improve throughout and had his best games down the home stretch, unlike Ginn. Also take a look at Bess' rookie numbers and compare them to Ginn's.

23. PENNSYLVANIADOLPHAN

PENNSYLVANIADOLPHAN Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2008
    Wrong Wrong Wrong Wrong. Everything you said was completely wrong. We all know Ted Ginn Jr was raw with his route running, but he is getting better. And he is doing a better job against corners that like to jam him at the LOS. If people like you, I'm saying this in the nicest way, were running a team, playoffs would be rare.

24. PENNSYLVANIADOLPHAN

PENNSYLVANIADOLPHAN Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2008
    Not really. Against Seattle he had 4 catches for 67 yards. Against Oakland he had 4 catches for 51 yards. Against NE he had 5 catches for 88 yards. Against the Jets he had 2 catches for 71 yards.

These are really good games.

25. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    The premise is faulty b/c the only reason everyone knows we are going for a wr is b/c we need at least one more for our final roster.

But if we had to rank them I'd put Camarillo at the bottom of those three. There is this myth that Camarillo has much better hands than Ginn. But catch percentages at different points during the year show that they were generally within one or two percentage points. Ginn's biggest asset is that his speed makes the D keep a S deep which helps every other aspect of our offense.

26. FinFan_Est.1984

FinFan_Est.1984 Get Aggressive!!!

Jan 6, 2008
    So. Calif.
    I am happy with the receivers we currently have on the roster as far as their on field playing ability. They are all young. Plenty of upside for them including Ginn.

I do however believe we need to add a big wide out to the mix. Boldin would be my first choice if not him them T.J. Either one of those two would provide a great veteran leadership that would bring these young wide outs along.

Is it just me or does Brandon London seem overly cocky and totally into himself. He just kind of bugs me the way he acts. I may be wrong. Either way he did fill in nicely when called upon.

27. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    I don't see the point in this question. Not because I wouldn't want to trade any of them away but because I honestly don't see any of those guys being tradeable. Camarillo is coming off a serious injury and no one in the league is really sure of what he's got yet. Ginn isn't tradeable because of the cap hit we would take. And Bess isn't tradeable because he's an unproven and very raw WR albeit with tremendous upside.

I think all 3 guys will be back next year, as well as London and another WR. Not a big name free agent WR or a 1st round pick WR because that's not how this team is being built. But probably a tall, strong, physical receiver with sure hands and the ability to make a jump ball catch in the red zone ala Oronde Gadsen or you know...what Wilford was supposed to be

28. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Camarillo.

yeah I said it. Camarillo. Camarillo = Bess. Camarillo has an injury to recover from, Bess doesn't.

Don't thikn for a second our WR corp would be anygood with Ginn gone and only bess and cam there. Camarillo got injured and we moved right along no problem and oh yeah, made a great run towards the playoffs.

29. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    Voted Ginn out. How the hell can you vote for Camarillo? The man has more heart than half of the roster and and did nothing but deliver on the field day in and day out. I bet you all would have gotten rid of Ronnie after his injury too.:pity:

30. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida

The major knee surgery doesn't make it too hard.

31. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

Wilford!:lol:

Camarillo and London both play ST Ginn and Bess are return guys. Why on earth do we want to mess with that? If Henne is any good Ginn is our Vertical threat and we NEED a 2 & a 3. I like our guys! Sure we don't have a Fitz or Bolden but just how many do plus with all that the Cards still lost the only game that counts!:wink2:

anlgp likes this.
  32. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    And I guess Ronnie was a disappointment after his?

33. Skeet84

Skeet84 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Cam would be the odd man out. He does not do anythinf that Bess can't do and is more pricey.

34. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    To be perfectly honest I don't think anyone WANTS to get rid of any of these three guys. Just given a hypothetical "one has to go" situation they're picking who they would let go. Though the reality is that none of them are going anywhere, nor do they need to be. Another reason why I said I don't see the point in asking this question.

35. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

If I had to choose one of your options, I guess I'd go with Cammy... although I love his heart and determination, he's much in the same mold as Ginn (not nearly as fast though). Bess is a complementary WR and has a specific role.

But, if you ask me what I'd really do, I'd promote Armstrong to the regular squad and dump Wilford and eat the cap hit...before, that is, that I'd dump Ginn, Bess or Cammy.

36. Firesole

Firesole Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    I'd keep Ginn over Bess, based purely on his stats, and the fact that he is a definite home run threat, whether by air or by ground, which he proved this season. Of the 3 I'd have to let go of Camarillo, only because of the injury.

37. Ophinerated

Ophinerated Preposterous!

Apr 1, 2008
    I have to agree with this. I saw the list and thought; there's noway I can vote on this poll.

So I'm not going to.:tongue2:

38. Rhody Phins Fan

Jan 14, 2009
    You said that Bess did more than Ginn did in two years so you're wrong.

39. Ducken

Ducken Luxury Box Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    Lower Delaware
    What???? Please go look at his stats and game logs before making posts like this. All the kid did was have a 65% increase in caught passes, a 88% increase in yards, a 100% increase in 1st downs, added almost a full 2 yards per reception. I wish I could find a site that had the number of passes thrown to and drops. IIRC there were a few games they did not even look at Ginn but for a few plays.

IMO we have some pretty darn good WRs, YOUNG wrs, IIRC CK did a nice write up a few years back how most WRs need 2 years to fully mature, and if you consider that none of the receivers we are talking about have more then 2 years, I can not wait until next year to see what these guys will do. IMO we will have a very good quartet on our hands.

40. Rhody Phins Fan

Jan 14, 2009
    Ginn was thrown to 93 times, which was 39th in the league. He had 6 drops. He basically had one drop every 10 quarters of football.

I got the info from Rotoworld but you need a premium pass to see it.

Ducken likes this.