1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WR Roy Williams now a Cowboy

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by finzman13, Oct 14, 2008.

1. finzman13

finzman13 New Member

Oct 6, 2008
    GISH and TheAnswer385 like this.
  2. fins4o8

fins4o8 Mac FTW!

Nov 25, 2007
    ahhaha I knew it. daym they gave up a lot for him. cya TO soon. can't wait until he goes into his whineyself.

3. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Per ESPN, the price is 1st, 3rd, 6th and 7th rounders in 2009.

They traded most of their draft away.

azfinfanmang likes this.
  4. sking29

sking29 What it takes to be cool

Dec 9, 2007
    East Tennessee
    I know we needed Roy but if the Fins gave away all that for Williams I would have super pissed.

The Cowboys got screwed big time on this. Millen is gone in Detroit and guess what they make a superb deal. Congrats Lions. :up:

Plus this makes the Pats look even better with the Randy Moss deal.

TheAnswer385 likes this.
  5. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I agree. I like Roy, and I wanted him here, but NEVER would I have given up that much for him. Thats just insane. We're better to take a chance on a FA or another guy in the draft. Thank the football gods yet again, for the sanity of our new front office :up:

TheAnswer385 likes this.
  6. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Wow that is alot. Great move from the Lions. Now they need to use those picks effectively.

7. AbideN703

AbideN703 Yes, I'd hit it

Jan 7, 2008
    Springfield, Virginia
    Good, now Detroit will select yet another WR in the '09 draft.

Yay

8. HysterikiLL

HysterikiLL Member

Nov 26, 2007
    I love Roy and I am glad to see he's gone to a team with a real QB....well, in a months time he'll have a real QB anyway. The Cowboys spent a lot, but I think it is worth it. Seems like a win-win to me, and I am going to enjoy watching what the Cowboys do with this guy. Their offense is incredible now.

9. m ino

m ino New Member

Jul 20, 2008
    im glad actually that we did not get him. if we are/were going to give up a second this yr i would rather use it to get someone for our secondary that isn't a "special teams" ace although we need help there one doesn't spend a second or higher for a st player unless your cam cameron. i feel with the acquisition of pennington our recievers are fine at the moment but it does no good to score 28/38 points a game if we can't stop anyone on d in the passing game or st.

10. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    OMG!!!! Now the cowboys will be unstoppable on madden.

Stitches likes this.
  11. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Yeah, I wouldnt be so sure. They have SERIOUS issues on he O-line, Felix Jones is out for a couple of weeks AT LEAST.

Scat-man Jones is suspended for 4 weeks, their Punter is done for the season.

Just a matter of weeks till TO is crying cause he's not getting ALL the attention.

This is a PURE desperation move by Jones, and I think its funny as I dont think they come close to winning the division....Heck, they might not even make the playoffs....and they lost ALL those draft picks :lol:

12. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Yeah, I'm not sure if this move puts them over the top. Great job by the Lions of taking advantage of a desperate Jerry Jones. The Cowboys have only given up seven sacks this year but they still have a lot of trouble keeping Romo off his back, as AZ mentioned, which is why he's banged up right now. They didn't really have an identity on offense IMO but this may change that. The Cowboys players have poor conditioning, are over-confident, struggle in the secondary and this move doesn't help either of those. I thought that if they would have made a move, it should have been in the secondary. If anything, they should have shelled out those picks for a guy like Nmadi Asoughma of the Raiders. I can see them winning a playoff game but I still don't see Superbowl for them despite the talent.

13. Boik14

Boik14 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    New York
    LOL, I think this says it all. Personally, i dont think theyre any better then 3rd in their own division behind NYG and Washington. Im even happier we didnt shell out for him now like some wanted us to.

Cowboys agreed with Roy Williams on a five-year, $45 million extension. More than $20 million is guaranteed, according to Chris Mortensen.
    Williams is rewarded with a top-five receiver deal despite topping 850 yards once in his career. His work ethic has also been questioned and it's debatable how well his similar attributes will mesh with Terrell Owens. Jerry Jones had to get this deal done after giving up so much for Williams and at least Tony Romo has a replacement for T.O. once Owens declines. Williams' short-term value rises in Dallas, and his long-term value skyrockets. Oct. 15 - 10:29 am et
    Source: ESPN.com

alen1 likes this.