WTF is wrong with music today??

107 replies

slickj101slickj101Forum Veteran
May 8, 2012, 01:05 AM

"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:

how many albums from the 80s can you do that with?

Don't know without looking but I'd bet a good amount.

I just asked a question, stop being so defensive.

Silence

It's ******* Golden.

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
May 8, 2012, 01:09 AM

"slickj101 wrote:

Don't know without looking but I'd bet a good amount.

I just asked a question, stop being so defensive.

touchy, i just answered your question with a question. don't blow a gasket.

I know how children your age are with the XBox Live. Soon you will be all, "Momma give me some f$%$$ chocolate milk!"

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

ANAnonymousSupporter
May 8, 2012, 01:24 AM

I'm with Dupree. There is still quality music in this generation. I like it.

PaganPaganForum Veteran
May 8, 2012, 09:57 AM

"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:

that is what old people tell themselves so they do not feel old.

That's bull****.

The problem is that the good stuff isn't promoted the way the crap is now.

I listen to music from the 40's right through the 90's and find that alot of what was popular wasn't bad at all. The 00's sucked ass and this decade isn't starting off much better.

And for rock music it's a wasteland. You have to dig pretty deep to find the good stuff.

".. hell you even have a fireman who rubs his balls on another mans head for three hours a week.. show some class, don't make fun of us poor Dolphins fans. :shifty:" ~ cnc66

"There is no sweeter nectar, than the misery riddled tears of Jets fans." ~ Finascious D

slickj101slickj101Forum Veteran
May 8, 2012, 01:27 PM

"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:

touchy, i just answered your question with a question. don't blow a gasket.

I know how children your age are with the XBox Live. Soon you will be all, "Momma give me some f$%$$ chocolate milk!"

lol You're the only one acting like a child here.

Silence

It's ******* Golden.

slickj101slickj101Forum Veteran
May 8, 2012, 01:27 PM

"Pagan wrote:

That's bull****.

The problem is that the good stuff isn't promoted the way the crap is now.

I listen to music from the 40's right through the 90's and find that alot of what was popular wasn't bad at all. The 00's sucked ass and this decade isn't starting off much better.

And for rock music it's a wasteland. You have to dig pretty deep to find the good stuff.

Agree. Save for a small group of bands, I've heard next to no quality rock music since the very early 00's.

Silence

It's ******* Golden.

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
May 8, 2012, 01:30 PM

"slickj101 wrote:

lol You're the only one acting like a child here.

better acting like a child than grandpa simpson

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

slickj101slickj101Forum Veteran
May 8, 2012, 01:33 PM

"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:

better acting like a child than grandpa simpson

I know, I wish I was younger so I could have a self-admitted ****tier taste in music. What a shame.

Silence

It's ******* Golden.

Section126Section126Luxury Box
May 8, 2012, 02:03 PM

"slickj101 wrote:

lol That's ridiculous. The Beatles were some of the biggest nerds around at their time and they made great music.

And it's not the music of the young. There's plenty of people my age that listen to this garbage.

That couldn't be further from the truth. The main three of John, Paul and George, all grew up dirt poor in Liverpool which was a hellhole in England in the 50's. They were self made musicians with no formal training. Hardly "nerds".

@Alf_Arteaga on Twitter
"Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable. .''...- Pat Riley
3 Yards per Carry on itunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/3-yards-per-carry-miami-dolphins/id1363764781?mt=2
3 Yards per Carry for Android:
https://threeyardspercarry.podbean.com/

Section126Section126Luxury Box
May 8, 2012, 02:04 PM

"slickj101 wrote:

Agree. Save for a small group of bands, I've heard next to no quality rock music since the very early 00's.

you gotta dig for it, but it's there...

@Alf_Arteaga on Twitter
"Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable. .''...- Pat Riley
3 Yards per Carry on itunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/3-yards-per-carry-miami-dolphins/id1363764781?mt=2
3 Yards per Carry for Android:
https://threeyardspercarry.podbean.com/

slickj101slickj101Forum Veteran
May 8, 2012, 02:10 PM

"Section126 wrote:

That couldn't be further from the truth. The main three of John, Paul and George, all grew up dirt poor in Liverpool which was a hellhole in England in the 50's. They were self made musicians with no formal training. Hardly "nerds".

The term nerd has nothing to do w/money. When they first came out, the Beatles looked and acted like nerds.

Silence

It's ******* Golden.

slickj101slickj101Forum Veteran
May 8, 2012, 02:11 PM

"Section126 wrote:

you gotta dig for it, but it's there...

Such as?

Silence

It's ******* Golden.

Alex44Alex44New Member
May 8, 2012, 02:25 PM

"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:

you don't have a generation of music. You live in an age where you can just point and click and hear anything you want. Bands from all around the United States are able to record and put their music online. the only excuse for complaining about music today is laziness. When I was your age the only way to get music was to ask a record store guy or have a friend who knows a guy who knows about music. Most people didn't really have music.

Anyone who has created music since I was like...ten is my generation of music. Yes I can find good music from a FEW bands that are producing music now. That isn't my point. The point is that the type of music my generation will be known for is flat out terrible.

Nickelback is one of the biggest bands today. Case closed.

On the draft Quentin Rollins bandwagon.

unluckylucianounluckylucianoNew Member
May 8, 2012, 02:33 PM

"Alex44 wrote:

Anyone who has created music since I was like...ten is my generation of music. Yes I can find good music from a FEW bands that are producing music now. That isn't my point. The point is that the type of music my generation will be known for is flat out terrible.

Nickelback is one of the biggest bands today. Case closed.

disco. You lose.

thanks to VO for the sick ass sigs.


Charlie: If you're not as educated or as informed what you do is you start your own party and you yell the loudest.

Alex44Alex44New Member
May 8, 2012, 02:42 PM

"unluckyluciano wrote:

disco. You lose.

Stayin alive, stayin alive...ah ah ah ah ah.....

Obviously there was bad music then too, the ratio was just better :lol:

On the draft Quentin Rollins bandwagon.

slickj101slickj101Forum Veteran
May 8, 2012, 02:47 PM

"unluckyluciano wrote:

disco. You lose.

I would take the Bee Gees over Nickelback 100% of the time. And it's not even close.

Silence

It's ******* Golden.

unluckylucianounluckylucianoNew Member
May 8, 2012, 02:47 PM

"Alex44 wrote:

Stayin alive, stayin alive...ah ah ah ah ah.....

Obviously there was bad music then too, the ratio was just better :lol:

I don't know. I think some of whats considered great today had time to make it great. So I'll wait before I call everything today crap.....

thanks to VO for the sick ass sigs.


Charlie: If you're not as educated or as informed what you do is you start your own party and you yell the loudest.

unluckylucianounluckylucianoNew Member
May 8, 2012, 02:48 PM

"slickj101 wrote:

I would take the Bee Gees over Nickelback 100% of the time. And it's not even close.

and the other 50 billion disco bands?

thanks to VO for the sick ass sigs.


Charlie: If you're not as educated or as informed what you do is you start your own party and you yell the loudest.

Jaydog57Jaydog57Forum Veteran
May 8, 2012, 02:49 PM

"WTF is wrong with music today?" Every generation has asked that about the music that comes out. That will never change. My dad still hates the rock music I grew up listening to, and my grandmother STILL thinks Elvis did nothing but promote sex, like the Beatles promoted drugs with their 'noise.' Just go with what you like and leave the rest to everybody else.

slickj101slickj101Forum Veteran
May 8, 2012, 02:49 PM

"unluckyluciano wrote:

and the other 50 billion disco bands?

I honestly can't even think of any off the top of my head.

Not like there wasn't other good music out there while disco was going on though.

Silence

It's ******* Golden.

Alex44Alex44New Member
May 8, 2012, 02:50 PM

"unluckyluciano wrote:

I don't know. I think some of whats considered great today had time to make it great. So I'll wait before I call everything today crap.....

Oh I don't think everything today is crap. Just that there is MORE crap. Its all very subjective anyway right?

On the draft Quentin Rollins bandwagon.

unluckylucianounluckylucianoNew Member
May 8, 2012, 03:03 PM

"slickj101 wrote:

I honestly can't even think of any off the top of my head.

Not like there wasn't other good music out there while disco was going on though.

right.........which is why I think it'd be pretty hard to prove that there is more crap today then before as every era has had its crap trends and its good stuff. Today for instance you have a huge influx of progressive rock bands, which I'd put up against a lot of the older bands, but we also have our boy band bs. We just don't really have a "led zeppelin" type band today.

thanks to VO for the sick ass sigs.


Charlie: If you're not as educated or as informed what you do is you start your own party and you yell the loudest.

slickj101slickj101Forum Veteran
May 8, 2012, 03:08 PM

"unluckyluciano wrote:

right.........which is why I think it'd be pretty hard to prove that there is more crap today then before as every era has had its crap trends and its good stuff. Today for instance you have a huge influx of progressive rock bands, which I'd put up against a lot of the older bands, but we also have our boy band bs. We just don't really have a "led zeppelin" type band today.

To an extent. But as someone who listens to a lot of different music, I'm just not seeing that quality in any of the genres I frequent (hip hop and rock esp). And it's not like it's only been a few years. Been closer to a decade or so now.

Silence

It's ******* Golden.

Alex44Alex44New Member
May 8, 2012, 03:26 PM

"unluckyluciano wrote:

right.........which is why I think it'd be pretty hard to prove that there is more crap today then before as every era has had its crap trends and its good stuff. Today for instance you have a huge influx of progressive rock bands, which I'd put up against a lot of the older bands, but we also have our boy band bs. We just don't really have a "led zeppelin" type band today.

Aqua4ever04 and I highly disagree! <--- Lol speaking for him there.

On the draft Quentin Rollins bandwagon.

MonstBlitzMonstBlitzForum Veteran
May 8, 2012, 03:49 PM

"bran wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cinELJwB0kM

bugs bunny is the equivalent of the music industry dying a slow painful death due to its own doing :lol:

I watch this ****ty family guy clip and think WTF is wrong with cartoons these days?