1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTF! Postpone this ****ing game!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by pumpdogs, Jan 2, 2023.

1. Tuanon4Life

Tuanon4Life Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2022
    Yea he made some pretty out of line comments about Tua earlier this season too about the concussions. He's trash.

resnor likes this.
  2. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Again, the priority of anyone at that point isn't determining what to do with a football game. It's saving that mans life FFS. By all accounts of credible people there was never any intention of continuing that game. Apparently the officials advised teams there'd be a 5 minute warmup period or something before they started again, but the decision on the game itself isn't the officials call to make. They were just doing their jobs in advising of the standard operating procedure. Apparently someone took that as they'd be playing again whether it was ESPN or whatever. But from listening to Sirius NFL radio the last two days, there was never any intent by anyone to carry on that game. However, that doesn't change the fact that there's a time and a place to discuss that with the teams and coaches and it's not while theyre performing CPR, it's after the player is "safe" and the teams/players/coaches have had time to digest what's happened. We're talking about an hour here. There's far more important things to be concerned with. If you think that Roger Goodel sat there somewhere saying play on!!! then that's more on you than him. There's really nothing more to say. My apologies if I came across as lashing out at you as well btw. I just have a hard time with this particular opinion. There's alot of crap to put on the NFL, and Goodell himself but this... I just don't see as one of those things. There's far too many things at play that are far more important in that moment. Anyone with some common sense knew that game wasn't carrying on at all once we knew they were performing CPR on the guy. That was the clear indication it was over and just a matter of time before it was announced. They're just not going to do that until the more important things are handled, and everyone involved is consulted. Anyways... again, sorry if it came across as i was being a dick about it, I wasn't trying to be and i know ur generally pretty good around here too, so yeah. :hi5:

3. Fireland

Fireland Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Its worth mentioning that ESPN is standing by their report on this

4. ExplosionsInDaSky

ExplosionsInDaSky Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    The only time I watch ESPN is if the NBA is televised. Do they even still have Big Monday with all the college games? I do remember that and it was an awesome thing that they did. But yeah...I haven't watched ESPN for a few years now. It just got too dramatic for me to watch. People like Bayless and Stephen A Smith have really ruined what was once a cool sports channel. Having loud mouth buffoons like Bart Scott on there doesn't help either. He's got to be one of the biggest douchebags in all of sports TV.

resnor likes this.
  5. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    What's their report?

6. Fireland

Dec 29, 2013
    That the players were going to have 5 minutes to resume and that they were in contact with the league and the officials.

resnor likes this.
  7. dolphin25

dolphin25 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    what an absolute terrible comment to make. Reports are Higgins is really struggling with situation and has not left hospital. It was not Higgins fault in any way.

8. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Wow, that's terrible- I can only imagine what he's going thru.

I read a report somewhere that the perfect strike to the chest, with the perfect amount of force, can stop the heart instantly. The odds of it happening are very, very small...but still. It has to eat Higgins up inside. Hopefully he realizes by now that it was a freak accident that couldn't have been avoided.

dolphin25 likes this.
  9. Fishhead

Fishhead Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2016
    Yeah - Higgins is probably in rough shape as it is, and Scott made things worse, as I’m sure no one else was thinking of blaming Higgins for this.

KeyFin, resnor and dolphin25 like this.
  10. Fishhead

Fishhead Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2016
    PS. Isn’t this the premise of the technique Uma Thurman’s character used to Kill Bill?

resnor and KeyFin like this.
  11. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    I'm pretty sure you're right.

12. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Not to make light of a serious situation, but honestly when I saw the play, Hamlin falling reminded me of Carradine's death scene at the end of Kill Bill.

resnor likes this.
  13. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
  14. Tuanon4Life

Dec 23, 2022
    They made it way too complicated. Should have called it a tie but instead the entire playoffs are unsettled.

15. Tin Indian

Tin Indian Rockin' The Bottom End Club Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    Well it looks like they have said exactly what I said.

16. Tuanon4Life

Dec 23, 2022
    There's a first time for everything right?

resnor likes this.
  17. Fireland

Dec 29, 2013
    2 seed still matters. They would host Cincy if they play before conference championship. Its an easier matchup in the first round vs 7 seed as opposed to having to possibly chase Lamar around.

Buffalo is going to try and they are going to stomp NE.

18. dolphin25

dolphin25 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    That still doesn't mean there weren't other factors. Reports are he had booster on 12/26. I'm sure many many players over the years have taken brutal shots to the chest. What I've read says they still don't know what caused it.

resnor and Tuanon4Life like this.
  19. Tuanon4Life

Dec 23, 2022
    No one knows for sure what caused it but virtually the entire mainstream media knows without a doubt what didn't cause it. Amazing journalism.

resnor and dolphin25 like this.
  20. Fireland

Dec 29, 2013
    The doctor who said that about the booster doesn't actually exist. It was completely fake.

Silverphin and dolphin25 like this.
  21. brandon27

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Because that's what the refs told them is standard operating procedure after an injury delay like that. Again, the referee's have ZERO authority at that point to decide whether that game carried on. The call to suspend the game comes from the league not the officials. So ESPN in their usual rush to report something took that comment of standard procedures from the refs and ran with it. Likely to just report something, or just to ease the TV viewers tensions of whether they should continue watching or not. Anyone with a brain in their head and common sense would know they weren't playing that game. Vincent has said it. Both coaches have said it. Fact of the matter is ESPN took a comment from a ref apparently talking about standard operating procedures in that situation. Obviously this situation was different and the referees were later told this would be up to the NFL and the teams, players and coaches. I mean, Zac Taylor yesterday basically told the world before they even left the field McDermott told him he's not coaching the rest of this game. The refs are just there to do their job, which is give 5 minutes after an injury delay like this to allow players to warm up and resume the game. That is ALL their job entails and all it allows them to do. After the teams hit the locker rooms and Hamlin was revived, in the ambulance and on the way to the hospital the league and the teams/players/coaches made the decision after discussing with all parties involved it wasn't going to happen.

ESPN can stand by their report all the want, the fact of the matter is the obtain information from a source that had no authority to actually make that decision. So factually it may be correct as that ref just relayed their standard procedures, but it wasn't factually correct given the unique circumstances of the situation. They should have just kept their mouths shut, but they decided to run with it and make this molehill into the mountain that it's become for no real purpose other than to defend their own integrity I suppose, but we all know ESPN doesn't really have any integrity or morale ground to stand on here with some of the idiots they employ that spew absolute nonsense across their network.

resnor likes this.
  22. brandon27

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    resnor likes this.
  23. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    The average age it happens to is 14.7, and less than 1 in 5 survive. It's incredibly rare. You cannot say without a doubt that the injections didn't contribute, even if it was commodio cordus (sp?).

I believe every vaccinatedNFL player should be tested/screened for myocarditis.

Tuanon4Life likes this.