1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X-men Origins: Wolverine

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by CitizenSnips, May 11, 2009.

1. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    If you haven't checked out the demo of this game, do yourself a favor and get to it.

I rented this game this afternoon, and I can say without a doubt, this is the essential Wolverine game you have always wanted to play. Wolverines claws don't just hit the enemies, they cut through them. The opening scene shows wolvy stabbing a soldier through the skull, blood and all. Later on it shows Wolvy lunging towards a helicopter, where you pull the pilot out through the windshield and shove his head into the spinning propellers. Awesome.

All you God Of War fans owe it to yourselves to check this game out. Same with comic book fans. The game roughly (very roughly) follows the movie. If you haven't seen the movie then you might actually be better off. The game, so far anyway, tells the story far better then the movie did IMO.

Anyway, I've been having a blast with this game. Lots of blood, ridiculous action scenes and tons of fun.

mor911 and anlgp like this.
  2. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    A started playing it Friday and had it beaten by Sunday morning. It's an excellent rent. It's also a decent God of War clone. If anything, lunging across great distances and pulverizing people's faces never get old. I enjoyed it a lot and would definitely recommend a rent. Not a whole lot of depth to buy it though. in the two days I played it, i pretty much unlocked everything.

3. Phin-o-rama

Phin-o-rama Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2007
    i heard its pretty badass too

4. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    Agreed completely. I may buy it down the line for like 15-20 bucks though. Raven Software should be praised for having the guts to go all out on a license title.