1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X-Men Origins: WOLVERINE

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by ILPhinFan88, Apr 10, 2008.

1. ILPhinFan88

ILPhinFan88 Premium Member Luxury Box

X-Men Origins: Wolverine Updates
    Source: A1ant April 10, 2008

'A1ant' has sent in some new updates on X-Men Origins: Wolverine, opening in theaters on May 1, 2009. Directed by Gavin Hood, the movie stars Hugh Jackman, Liev Schreiber, Ryan Reynolds, Taylor Kitsch, Will.i.am, Danny Huston, Dominic Monaghan, Daniel Henney and Lynn Collins.

First up, UK actor Scott Adkins has landed the role of "Weapon 11" in the film according to this site.

Next up, Advance is reporting that "Wolverine" is bringing in an estimated $60 million to Sydney. There will be 45 actors and 1,200 extras employed during its production phase. More details at the link.

Daniel Henney, who plays Agent Zero, also tells The Daily News how he was cast in the film.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=7048

2. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Hmm could be a cool movie. Wonder if they have the sack to make it Rated R?

3. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    They probably would think theyd make a lot less money because all the little kids wouldnt be able to see it.

4. ILPhinFan88

Scooper 'Retroman' posted on the Superhero Hype! message boards a discovery that an agency has Australian actor Tim Po**** listed as playing Scott Summers (Cyclops) in X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

'A1ant' then followed-up with the agency who confirmed the casting. "Yes, that information is correct. He was cast as the younger Scott Summers," they said.

Directed by Gavin Hood, the May 1, 2009 Fox release stars Hugh Jackman, Liev Schreiber, Ryan Reynolds, Taylor Kitsch, Will.i.am, Danny Huston, Dominic Monaghan, Daniel Henney and Lynn Collins

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=7173

5. ILPhinFan88

6. ILPhinFan88

SDCC: First Wolverine Footage Screened!!

Jackman promised that the movie is "big, action-packed and bad-***" and that we'll see a lot of "berzerker rage" in it, before showing the footage that was cut together especially for Comic-Con, even though he promised that it would look even better when the movie comes out next May.

The footage went by so fast that it was impossible to catch everything the first time--and they only showed it once unfortunately--but it begins with Jackman's Logan and Liev Schreiber's Victor Creed dressed in military gear in a detention cell where they're being interrogated by the younger Major William Stryker, played by Danny Huston. He says, "You were sentenced to death for decapitating a senior officer. Your sentence was to be carried out by a firing squad at 1000 hours. How'd that go?" Then Wolverine said, "It tickled." We see the two of them put in front of a firing squad who shoots at them, but they escape and we see Logan walking away as the building explodes behind them.

Stryker continues asking them if they're tired of running and denying their true nature and tells them he's putting together a "special team with special privileges" referring to the early stages of Weapon X or Alpha Flight. As he says this, we see brief glimpses of all the other characters in the movie, including Taylor Kitsch's Gambit, who looked amazing in action, Lynn Collins as Silverfox, Kevin Durand as The Blob, and even a short glimpse of Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool.

Most of the non-action scenes in the footage were dialogue sequences between Jackman and Schreiber with them talking over whether to take up Stryker's offer, and this is obviously what's going to lead to the long-time friends having a difference of opinions that leads to their age-old conflict. Logan says to Creed something about wanting to make a difference and asks how he'd like to get started, at which Creed tells Logan, "We didn't sign up for this. Who do you think you are? This is what we do! Become the animal."

From there, we get a few scenes of the experiments done to Logan to turn him into Wolverine, which looks like it was designed after the classic origin tale told in Barry Windsor-Smith's "Weapon X" story with him bursting out of the vat with the adamantium spikes coming out of skin. There was also a brief glimpse of Logan as a boy in a kimono with his claws extended which harks back to images from "Origins" and Frank Miller's take on the character's roots in Japan.

We see a few quick bits of Wolverine fighting some of the characters, including the Blob and Gambit :up:, but the best moments are when he's taking on Sabretooth (of course)--sorry, Tyler Mane, but I think Liev Schreiber is going to make a lot better Victor Creed--and the clip reel ended with Wolverine hanging from the top of the helicopter while it's flying through the air.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=47148

7. Silverphin

Silverphin Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2007
    They should rename the whole X-Men Series.

Wolverine! Featuring the X-Men.

8. ILPhinFan88

A Blurry Look At Gambit, Deadpool, Frost and Blob!

Hugh Jackman made a surprise appearance at Comic Con yesterday and he brought with him some footage from X-Men Origins: Wolverine that included footage of Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool, Taylor Kitsch (from Friday Night Lights) as Gambit, the Blob, Emma Frost and more.

An intrepid member of the SuperHeroHype forums got his camera into the hall and managed to get some blurry screencaps for us poor saps who just want to know what these characters look like.

Inside: Gambit, Deadpool, Frost and Blob!

http://www.thebadandugly.com/2008/07/25/a-blurry-look-at-gambit-deadpool-frost-and-blob/

9. FinSane

FinSane Cynical Dolphins Fan

Dec 1, 2007
    Melbourne, Fl
    Ryan Reynolds....is no tough guy.

10. ILPhinFan88

Yeah but Gambit & Emma Frost :hi5:

11. ILPhinFan88

12. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    They certainly showed that to the right crowd

13. ILPhinFan88

What's the latest you can tell us about "Wolverine"?
    Lauren Schuler Donner: May 1st, 2009! I guess it's closer to the first "X-Men" in tone because it's a little darker, but there's a lot of action. It's his origin story. It's really good. I've been in the editing room the last couple of weeks and I think that it's good and that audiences are going to like it. But it's a little darker.

How is Hugh Jackman's interpretation of the character different or new, compared to what we've seen in the "X-Men" films?
    Schuler Donner: Well, you haven't seen this side of him. It's darker and sadder and it's kick-***. There's a ton of action. It's really kick-***.

Producer Lauren Shuler Donner Teases Wolverine... and Deadpool? - ComingSoon.net

14. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

I'm geeky enough to want to see this movie.

15. Phinperor

Phinperor formerly In_Flames Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    VA
    Nothing at all geeky about Wolverine or the X-Men IMO...:hi5:

gunn34 and Motion like this.
  16. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    I duno if this is a new trailer or not, but it's different then the other one I've seen:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kgHjmmHeOI]YouTube - X-Men Origins: Wolverine Preview *BEST QUALITY YET*[/ame]

Looks much better.

ILPhinFan88 likes this.
  17. slickj101

slickj101 Is Water

Dec 21, 2007
    NY
    Yea, bad call on that one. They should of gotten Johnny Mesner (Tears of the Sun, Anacondas 2, Running Scared). He would of made a good Venom too.

18. Miamian

Miamian Senior Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Jerusalem, Israel
    I hope that WB/DC is paying attention to all of the hype and they actually get a clue or or even half of one.

19. ILPhinFan88

20. Dannyg28

Dannyg28 Say hi to the rings

Jan 4, 2008
    i wouldn't consider deadpool coming off as a tough guy either. hes a tough guy because he just slices and dices right through people but he asks and looks like a clown.

21. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    I was really worried about this movie, particularly after the stinkfest of X-Men 3. Wolverine is my favorite Marvel character, and I didn't want to see it ruined. But the new trailer looks amazing. I'm suddenly very excited for this movie.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCTDVNgNUeY&feature=related"]YouTube - X-Men Origins: Wolverine Trailer[/ame]

gunn34, ILPhinFan88 and opfinistic like this.
  22. ILPhinFan88

Wow everything I see about this movie looks awesome :up:

23. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    I'm officially psyched. I am looking forward to the rumored Magneto flick as well.

24. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Can't be any worst than the crap fest known as X-Men 3.

Silverphin likes this.
  25. ILPhinFan88

Fox News columnist out after 'Wolverine' review

here's the good part......

Friedman had been an entertainment writer who has contributed to FoxNews.com for 10 years. He wrote in his Fox 411 column Thursday that downloading the 20th Century Fox superhero prequel was "so much easier than going out in the rain" and that the movie "exceeds expectations at every turn."

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.ap.org/fox-news-columnist-out-after-wolverine-review-ap

26. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    That columnist got fired for posting that review.

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.ap.org/fox-news-columnist-out-after-wolverine-review-ap

27. ILPhinFan88

28. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    :yes:

But had he not posted that review, no one would've ever known. :wink2:

29. ILPhinFan88

Tonight @ midnight, cant wait. :up:

30. Colorado Dolfan

Colorado Dolfan ...dirty drownin' man?

Good luck!

Hated it... :pity:

31. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    I thought it was a fine movie.

I don't know how they think they are going to make a Deadpool movie after this one.

32. Jt0323

Jt0323 Fins Up! Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Las Vegas
    It was...enjoyable... I liked that Dabauku was in it! (24 reference) even if it was for a little bit!

33. ILPhinFan88

Good movie, dont think it was as Great as some of the reviews I had read, just thought there was gonna be a little more to it. Just felt like it was missing something.

34. Jaydog57

Jaydog57 Canes/Fins/Magic fan

Jun 25, 2008
    Daytona Beach, FL
    The last two posts are about the same rating I've heard from other people as well. Entertaining but not, "Oh man! I gotta see that again today!"

35. Brown42000

Brown42000 Chillin

Nov 24, 2007
    RI
    Going to see it today hope it doesn't suck.

opfinistic likes this.
  36. vmarcilfan75

vmarcilfan75 blah...blah...blah... Club Member

Dec 13, 2007
    City Of Angels
    make sure you stay after the credits.
    been reading there were multiple endings after the credits sent out to different theaters.

37. Colorado Dolfan

Colorado Dolfan ...dirty drownin' man?

Exactly what ruined the movie for me... :pity:

Vengeful Odin likes this.
  38. vmarcilfan75

Dec 13, 2007
    City Of Angels
    did you stay till after the credits??

read theres a scene with DP in it.

39. ILPhinFan88

The scene I saw didnt. I thought it was a haha you stayed through the credits for this?

vmarcilfan75 likes this.
  40. vmarcilfan75

Dec 13, 2007
    City Of Angels
    that bad??