1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yahoo Video: Wildcat

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Colmax, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Yahoo NFL experts talk about the Wildcat, it's effectiveness, and if it is here to stay:

Yahoo Video on Wildcat

2. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Nobody knows how to solve the wildcat because nobody really knows what ronnie brown is reading and where hes gonna go...not even him, until that split moment of chaos where everything slows, you see the patience, then the read, then the power to finish..that split second of chaos is nirvana for me.

3. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Isn't that crazy?? I wonder if it's really like that? Obviously, on the pulls by Smiley, they're designed, but to wonder if Brown has carte blanche is just radical. It's really something....

4. Larry Little

Larry Little Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    There's nothing to 'solve' about the Wildcat. If you can beat the Miami offensive line one-on-one, you can stop it. If you can't... you won't.

The reason that formation works better for us is because we have the right 11 guys to run it. And yes... it takes the right 11 guys. It's not just the offensive line, and it's not just the running backs. We're built, front-to-back, to maul the defensive front 7 (or 8, or 9), and get yards no matter what.

You wanna stop the Wildcat? Here's how you do it:

Beat Jake Long, then beat Justin Smiley (if you can find him), then beat Jake Grove, then beat Donald Thomas, then beat Vernon Carey, then beat Lousaka Polite, then beat Anthony Fasano (or blanket him in coverage, if you can find him), then beat Joey Hanos (or blanket him in coverage), then cover Greg Camarillo (or Brian Hartline), then... try and contain Ricky Williams and the runner coming the opposite direction... then try and tackle Ronnie Brown.

There's your blueprint. Good luck.

GISH, SargeZ33, dolfan7171 and 3 others like this.
  5. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    That's easy, man! I am surprised we are having any luck with the Wildcat at all! :lol:

Larry Little likes this.
  6. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    The elite football player that is ronnie brown.

Watch the wildcat td for the win against the jets...just watch something as simple as the way he snatches a high snap while moving forward and beginning his read...also watch the corner on the perimeter stare as it all went down {dude was scared}....theres a level of heightened awareness that only he can reach right now..i see it.

dolfan7171 likes this.
  7. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Rep.

Larry Little likes this.
  8. Athrun340

Athrun340 New Member

Sep 15, 2009
    lmao i was curious to see what video that last dude was talking about.. turns out its this one :pointlol:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4q1thh1G20"]YouTube - bad press conference[/ame]

Larry Little likes this.