1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YE Yang Beats Tiger Woods and Wins PGA!

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by Paul 13, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    That was one of the most amazing things I've ever seen. Congrats to YE Yang, doing what nobody has ever done before in beating Tiger when he has had the lead heading into the final round of a major (the first loss for Tiger in 15 tries). What an amazing story. I can imagine the country of South Korea going completely nuts. This is GREAT for golf. As great as what Tom Watson would have been in winning the British, this is pretty close if not better in that he beat Tiger.

That shot on 18 from 200 plus yards, with all the pressure surrounding Yang, that is one of the best shots I've ever seen considering those circumstances. The chip in for eagle was up there, but that shot at 18, top notch. :up:

2. mixmaster_matt

mixmaster_matt New Member

May 18, 2008
    Great 18 holes to watch. I cant believe how many putts tiger missed, and that is no insult to YE's great round. To play in that environment for the first time and nto getting shook at all was great. The chip-in for eagle was sick and you kind of felt it was over then, but he had to make a great shot on 18 to put the pressure on Tiger and knocked it tight! Great day of golf...

Paul 13 likes this.
  3. dolphan117

dolphan117 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Congrats to him, and I'm sure it is a big deal to golf and to his nation, which is very cool..... It was odd though to watch Tiger look like, well not Tiger. Lots of puts off by just an inch or so, ones that he always makes to slam the door shut and today it just wasnt there. Odd to watch.

4. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Congrats to him, How many people can say that they beat Tiger Woods?

5. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    He can now say it twice......Stunning!:hi5:

6. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    The golf commentators, especially the ones with the British and Irish accents were already giving the PGA title to Tiger with about five holes to go. I for one was happy to see Tiger getting beat. You get tired of the seeing the same person winning it all the time. Way to handle the pressure Yang.