1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yep, still Tannehill's fault.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Frumundah Finnatic, Nov 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

More and more it seems Philbin's M.O. is to hide from uncomfortable situations, ugly realities, to avoid them, sidestep them and generally never confront them.

That does not scream "Head Coach material" to me.

2. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Jupiter, Fl.
    I thought he was talking about a slant to Wallace where Wallace stopped and Tannehill threw it into the ground ahead of him. I thought I saw a game report which indicated Walace would have scored if he had continued the route.

3. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

A big arm comes in handy.
    [video=youtube;br2QVozDaA0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br2QVozDaA0[/video]

Section126 likes this.
  4. KB21

KB21 Almost Never Wrong Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    May have been. The play to Matthews would have probably been a big gainer as well.

5. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Which is funny because that throw was only somewhere between 51 and 53 yards through the air. But that's a big throw in an actual football game unless you're in a hail mary situation.

Bpk likes this.
  6. ToddPhin

ToddPhin Premium Member Luxury Box Club Member

Jul 6, 2012
    NC

Roethlisberger had one 70 yards in college, but it was more like 74 b/c it's slightly across field.

[video=youtube;lt6BQjVPQvE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt6BQjVPQvE[/video]

Boik14, MrClean and Section126 like this.
  7. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Please take note, Jones had to slow up for the ball...and there was no PA.

Bpk likes this.
  8. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    Funny.

Because both of you were stroking a ridiculous argument last week that the reason Tannehill was missing Wallace deep ALL YEAR was because of the timing or lack of trust. Then RT releases a statement saying he needs to make those throws, then Philbin publicly tells him to let it rip.

Where was the arrogant "oh case closed" "Wallace himself said it"!! Talk then?

You ignored it and still made your laughable excuses for the problem. Funny how all of a sudden what players say hold water in your eyes, when less than a week ago it meant nothing to you.

:wink2:

mroz and TooGoodForDez like this.
  9. 77FinFan

77FinFan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Buckeye Land
    Sorry, 700 yards in 9 games is indeed not 1,000.

10. 77FinFan

77FinFan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Buckeye Land
    Troy Smith threw an even 70 in one of those qb competitions.

11. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I spit out my pumpkin yogurt

77FinFan and Boik14 like this.
  12. Xiidaen

Xiidaen Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 3, 2007
    Always a wise decision.

13. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Jesus christ man.

Wallace flat out admits he screwed up and you're still trying to defend it. As far as the other stuff, I explained, to you, that I thought Tannehill was throwing directly to Wallace instead of leading him, because he doesn't trust Wallace will go get the ball and that's why they look like an under throws. That doesn't contradict Tannehill's statements last week.

I know, you so desperately wanted that gotcha and a win on the internet, but your gotcha wasn't even accurate and your argument is flat out stupid. I understand you doubled down on it so you feel like you have to keep pushing it, but an alternate track is just admitting you were wrong, like an adult, and move on. It happens to all of us.

phintasmic likes this.
  14. phintasmic

phintasmic Banned

Oct 21, 2013
    FYI, when toogoodfordez fist bumps your post, that is NOT a good thing.

Colorado Dolfan and Fin D like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.