1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yesterday Felt Great!!!!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Shamboubou, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Shamboubou

Shamboubou Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Ok Ok....Now I know nobody was happy that we lost the freaking lead once we had it, I agree it really sucked to let a team we should have dominated back into the game.

The biggest positive that I found from the whole thing was when they scored. My girlfriend looks over at me waiting for me to completely flip out and start throwing a fit (her past experiences). Instead though she looks over and I say, its cool we are going to drive down field and get a field goal to win the game.

For the first time in years I had trust that we were going to be able to make that final drive to win the game. Even though our recievers arn't great, our QB is first year starter, and our best RB was out. It was a great feeling to feel that way again, and it acutally happen. Anybody else?

2. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

I knew Henne wasnt going to get flustered. I really have complete confidence in the kid getting it done. He just doesnt play like a guy who has only started in 5 games...Im tellin you, he's Tom Brady with a stronger arm.

Which leads into my next thought: Can you imagine what he would be able to do with a guy like Randy Moss. Randy Moss has not lost one iota of a step, and not only that, I think he's playing better than he ever has. He's alot more mature, and you NEVER ever hear anything bad about the guy. Theres the potential for us to get someone like Vincent Jackson or Brandon Marshall and I say we break the bank to get one of these top flight WR's. My god how they change the dynamic of the game....can you imagine us being able to score like the Pats...get up by 21, and then put the ground game to work to just suck all the life out of the opposition?

3. SeanP

SeanP Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Deltona FL
    I'll be honest, I was flipping out. Our offense had been completely snuffed out for a while, and we didn't have any momentum. I was thinking it was over.

And on another note. Why in the blue hell did Sparano call a timeout with 14 seconds remaining and the clock winding down? Why not just let the clock go to 2 seconds left before the field goal? I didn't think the Bucs had any TOs left did they?

4. Shamboubou

Shamboubou Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Indianapolis
    If you have 14 seconds left and you have a bad snap or something goes wrong with the field goal the holder can spike the ball and you still have a chance to kick again. It does suck giving them some time on the clock left, but it would take a miracle to pull off a 80 play with 7 seconds left. Much more unlikely than a bad snap on the field goal.

keypusher and Jt0323 like this.