1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You all act shocked but you knew that we were going to lose the game after that FG.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Frumundah Finnatic, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Is it really suprising by this point? The constant ineptitude inthe redzone, Trying to run the clock out with 8 minutes to spare, instead of going for the kill.
    Awful OL play. Settling for FGs. Fist pumping like a goddamned Jersey Shore reject.

Its all the same bull**** we have seen for the past 3 years.

2. BicketyBam

BicketyBam No Fist Pumps Allowed

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    Honestly, after the celebration penalty and the horse collar on the kickoff, I thought for sure Miami was going to win.

Anonymous and BlameItOnTheHenne like this.
  3. Ricky'sBong

Ricky'sBong Reborn

Jan 5, 2011
    Vancouver, BC
    I didnt see the game. Is ******o still fist pumping after fg's?

4. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    He double fisted actually.

Xeticus likes this.
  5. PigMuffin

PigMuffin New Member

Aug 30, 2011
    The thing that drove me the craziest that drive was subbing in Bush for Thomas deep in their end and running Bush up the middle to stall that drive. DT was running well getting four or five yards a clip. Just keep pounding the guy. Thats what he is there for. To pound the rock at the end of games to seal them. He was doing that well so of course we have to take him out, put in Bush and do something he is not good at. So not surprisingly a promising drive stalls and we have to settle for a FG.

Its like, hey running DT is working for us. Lets not do that anymore and do something we arent good at. Sooooo frustrating and stupid

6. Stitches

Stitches ThePhin's Biggest Killjoy Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Katy, TX
    All the more reason for us to blow it. :lol:

7. Striking

Striking Junior Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Aurora, Colorado
    I feared it, didn't know it and it happened.

8. Striking

Striking Junior Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Aurora, Colorado
    He actually celebrated more than the Browns did after taking the 1 point lead.

9. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie

Yep, after the horse collar I was thinking "Cleveland will f this up because they're Cleveland." Other way around.

10. BicketyBam

BicketyBam No Fist Pumps Allowed

Sep 6, 2010
    New Milford, CT
    I have to say that has to be a brutal loss for you Miami fans. Those kind of losses just beat you down and suck the life out of you. I know from plenty of first hand experience.

dolfndav34 and NaboCane like this.
  11. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    I actually had a premonition after kicking the 3rd FG putting us up 16-10. I just saw it coming that Cleveland was going to go into a 2 minute offense and drive down the length of the field, score a touchdown, then leave us mere seconds left on the clock to at least try and get into FG range for Carpenter to try and save the day with yet...ANOTHER field goal.

Guess Carpenter didn't get that chance, huh? :pity:

12. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    Going into the game, I thought that this was one of three or four games the Dolphins MIGHT win this year. Because the only other teams I see on their schedule which they might have equal talent to are the Chiefs and the Broncos. I figured the Dolphins were probably a LITTLE better than the Browns and when Hillis didn't play, this appeared to make it that much easier for the Dolphins.

Of course nothing is easy for this group of misfits. They seem to always figure a way to take defeat from the jaws of victory. The same inability to protect the passer, along with crucial penalties throughout the game. One thing they have shown consistently over the last two seasons, along with the first three games this season is that when an offensive drive or a defensive stand is needed at the end of the game to pull out a victory. This team doesn't have a clue how to close out a game.

So no, even though I thought the Dolphins should win the game. It doesn't surprise me in the least that they again found a way to lose to one of the worse teams in the NFL.

13. electrolyte

electrolyte New Member

Oct 27, 2009
    If I recall correctly, two straight games with missed FG's......FG's he should have made.......

14. Rick 1966

Rick 1966 Professional Hipshooter

Nov 23, 2007
    Powell, WY
    I will be very surprised if this team can put together more than three wins this whole season. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see us go 1-15.

15. NFL2102

NFL2102 New Member

Oct 4, 2010
    I knew it immediately after the FG, and I said aloud Browns are gonna get a TD.

dolfndav34 likes this.
  16. Trowa

Trowa A world of pain

May 8, 2008
    Honestly, not really. At least not for me. Call it apathy, call it not being a real fan, or however people are spinning it around here nowadays. You can't help the ones you love, and I love the Miami Dolphins, but I just don't care anymore. It's like a failed marriage, but I've already invested 21 years into it so it's pretty much too late to turn back. When you get hurt time after time after time the same way...you stop letting it hurt you.

Uncle Rico and dolfndav34 like this.
  17. electrolyte

electrolyte New Member

Oct 27, 2009
    I am sorry but this makes me laugh. Only because this is how it feels to be a Dolphin fan.

I am getting 2007 flashbacks. This fanbase is so used to it... sorry but it makes me laugh just because of how sad we are. <3 our Dolphins though.

18. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    Winners do the things necessary to win, while losers have nothing but excuses. The FG he missed today was from 51 yards. That distance is no gimme and the fact is that all the Dolphins had to do today to win the game was for the defense to stop McCoy and the Browns offense on their last drive. Once the Browns scored, all the offense and Henne needed to do was gain about 15 yards to get Carpenter into FG range. Neither the 11 players on offense or the 11 on defense made the plays in the fourth quarter to win the game. The team lost this game, not the field goal kicker.

19. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    It was 13-10 and I looked at my roomate and I said "We're going to settle for 3, and Cleveland will score a TD, and we'll lose 17-16." I'm a ****ing prophet. Only problem is my talent extends to predicting Dolphin **** ups.

20. electrolyte

electrolyte New Member

Oct 27, 2009
    I can't argue with that. Neither side of the ball could come up with anything to win the game.

21. dolfndav34

dolfndav34 Season Ticket Holder

Nov 26, 2007
    Fort Liquordale, Fl.
    Carpenter needs to be replaced, He was money the past couple of years but the curse has finally caught up with him too!!!

22. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Sep 27, 2009
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Pretty much. Called it in the chat room of the other board. I'm not even mad... Play not to lose, you deserve to lose.