1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You are GM for a day

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by dirtylandry, Dec 11, 2017.

1. dirtylandry

dirtylandry Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Let's assume there are funds available next year after some cutting and restructuring. You had 1 splash and 1 cut to make. What is it? Before you answer, the splash has to be transcending and you can ignore franchise tags for the purpose of the discussion. The cut is salary-purpose, so a mid-level player shouldn't count

1. My splash is Bell. I know if utilized right (I know the risk), he is 150 yards a game somehow. I know he can give me matchup nightmares in the slot or outside. And I know I can probably relieve myself of some dead weight - about 3 players while he is on the roster.

2. For the sake of controversy, the cut is simple, Pouncey. But I could lean toward James. I look to gain a 2-3 linemen at the price of him. The Rams did it. I think we can too

2. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
  3. dirtylandry

dirtylandry Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2015
  4. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Ansah has been banged up a lot this year and hasn't been very effective on a consistent basis. He had a hot start to his career, but has slowed down a lot.

Personally, I'd spend on 1-2 highly rated OL. I'd rather use FA to address the line, then use the draft to address other positions such as TE/LB/CB.

5. hitman8

hitman8 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2016
    Big splash, Jimmy Graham, we have needed a big time TE here for ages.

Big cut: Julius Thomas