You know who can throw a deep ball and is/will be available...

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by muskrat21, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Nothing wrong with it, it is just extremely difficult, and usually not worth the attempt.

You have a receiver that has a small catch radius, and is moving at a very high speed. That inherently makes a low success play even more unlikely.

2. Fin4Ever

Fin4Ever Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Vero Beach, FL
    Maybe Marino & Duper can show Tanny & Wallace how to connect..Stringer If Marino's arm is in shape I want him to hit Wallace in Stride and let Tanny break it down..it's all timing and one of the last things he needs to improve on..that and learning how to take off and scramble to avoid the sacks.

3. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University

Please go look at the replay then, he slowed down and waited on the ball. He adjusted to the ball once he SAW it, he still had a CB to worry about on that play its not like he and Ryan are playing toss in the backyard.

Just watch the replay without any bias in your heart and if you really believe Mike was the problem on that play then we can agree to disagree and move on.

4. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    I'd take Floyd over anyone not named Landry we have at receiver. Maybe not over Wallace.

5. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Fin, AGAIN, I'm not saying that Wallace was the problem. I simply took issue with your statement that he "adjusted as soon as the ball was in the air." He didn't.

If you can honestly say that Wallace adjusted the best way possible on that play, then we'll have to agree to disagree. I think he could have slowed up earlier. That's all. I'm not saying that Wallace was the problem, per se, but I am saying that I watch other receivers play similar balls better than Wallace played that one, resulting in better results for them.