1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Thoughts on the NFL and fining

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by Jackson, Oct 10, 2008.

What do you think of the NFL and its Fines?

1. The NFL fines players and coaches too much money for too many things

5 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. The NFL fines players and coaches the the right amount of money for the right amount of things

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. The NFL should have heavier fines for the rules in place/ and possibly make more offenses finable

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Jackson

Jackson Bruce Banner

Mar 24, 2008
    Connecticut/Florida
    Antoine Winfield has been fined $10,000 for using the goal post as a prop after scoring a touchdown on a blocked field goal return on Monday night.

Linebacker Chad Greenway also gets to pay $7,500 for a major facemask penalty against running back Reggie Bush. The officials somehow missed the incident during the game.

Per Adam Schefter of NFL Network, Adrian Wilson was fined $25,000 for roughing the passer. No penalty was thrown on the play

DeSean Jackson and Quintin Demps will be coughing up $10,000 each for their celebration after Jackson’s 68-yard punt return for a touchdown.

Ronnie, Carey, and Ike Ndukwe each fined $10,000. No penalty flag thrown

These are just a few of the latest. I am trying to figure out how much players and coaches have been fined total this year so far and when I do I will post it. So whay do you think?

Check this fine out. I didn't know it was a finable offense
    Football Into Stands
    First Offense: $5,000
    Second Offense: $10,000

2. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    $7500 for a facemask? Good God. Why don't we just put dresses and wigs on every player?

baboo72, Stitches and Jackson like this.
  3. Jackson

Jackson Bruce Banner

Mar 24, 2008
    Connecticut/Florida
    The Adrian Wilson hit is the one that bothers me. The guy was coming in unblocked a made the hit. No flag at all and the ref was watching the whole time. He got Fined $25,000! I know the league wants to protect Quarterbacks but its not fair anymore. If Wilson was to slow down or try to arm tackle Edwards he may ending getting hurt himself. The game is played much different than its taught now.

baboo72 and alen1 like this.
  4. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I dont know alen, im pretty ok with fines for guys committing fouls like that, especially when they could cause injury to another player. You could easily cause alot of damage to someone's head/neck giving a tug on a guys facemask. I didnt see the play that generated this fine, but when it comes to hits, and even the odd brutal facemask penalty, Im okay with fines being issued. Safety should always be paramount.

As for the celebration fines... they are just downright ridiculous and absurd.

5. fins4o8

fins4o8 Mac FTW!

Nov 25, 2007
  6. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    It was a facemask though. It wasn't like the one Larry Johnson had a year or so ago. Greenway pulled it a little and forced a fumble. He didn't twist it all the way around. If this was like the facemask that Antrell Rolle gave Larry Johnson then I wouldn't have a problem with it. If they're fining Chad Greenway for this facemask, why don't they just fine every player who commits a facemask penalty?

7. Jackson

Jackson Bruce Banner

Mar 24, 2008
    Connecticut/Florida
    Found this when researching Fines for 2008 :laughy:NEW YORK—National Football League officials announced Wednesday that Dallas Cowboys cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones has committed a uniform weapons violation and will be fined $2,000 for keeping his nine-millimeter Beretta handgun in his game uniform's belt and not tucking the firearm into his uniform pants as rules stipulate during Monday night's game against the Philadelphia Eagles. "This fine sends a clear message that there is no leeway when it comes the NFL's new firearms policy—if players have a sidearm in their pants while on the field of play, said pistol must be tucked into the front, back, or sides of said pants," a statement from the commissioner's office read in part.

8. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Lmaooo, what a gangsta.