1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zack Snyder (300, Watchmen) will direct new Superman

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by Fin D, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    That is fantastic news. Hopefully, this means Superman will stop being a puss and finally kick some on screen ***.

Link

SICK and Zippy like this.
  2. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

I liked 300 but The Watchmen was a let down for me. It felt like he put too much in and yet, not enough. He probably should have left out a lot of the etymology (of sorts) out and gone more with the action type sequences.

Nonetheless, I think there is something that just doesn't work with Superman movies. It is probably the character himself. He is too pure for these times. Someone will have to write a story that gets a little dirt on his cape and make him relatable.

Fin D likes this.
  3. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    THIS.IS.SUPERMAN!!!!!!

Eh lame I know, but someone had to do it.

4. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Agree. I think the main problem though, is that Superman has god-like powers and never uses them to kick anyone's ***. The old Christopher Reeves movies couldn't pull off the FX needed to show an epic fight, even if they wanted to. Brian Singer's abortion wanted to turn Superman into gay Jesus.

For how Superman should be done, watch some of the Justice League animated series. The movie will rock if we see Supes punch a villain so hard he flies through a building, use a car as a bat, etc.

5. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Easily the best news I've heard all day. Watchmen and 300 were both fantastic.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Fin D likes this.
  6. Zippy

Zippy The Man in Black. Club Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Sugar Grove, OH
    Awesome! Working with the Nolan's can only make this better as well.

Fin D likes this.
  7. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Yes!

General Zod is the villain.

Link

Seriously this movie is going to kick serious ***. The Nolans writing and producing with Snyder's panache for action and Zod as the villain.

8. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    maybe with special effects they can cast christopher reeve as superman again.

Samphin likes this.
  9. DevilFin13

DevilFin13 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    I'm at least interested in this now. I was at least going to consider it give Nolan's involvement. And Snyder should at least make a movie that looks good. Add in Zod as the villain and it should be a good looking action film that doesn't just expose Superman to some Kryptonite and put Lois Lane in danger.

Fin D likes this.
  10. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    this.is.metropolis!!!!!!!1!

11. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

I almost wonder if it makes sense to film this in a comic book-y type of way. Not the campy style dialogue or anything like that, but add some type of graphic visual to it? I am thinking sort of like Sin City sans the black and white.

I also wouldn't mind an original story, even if you kept with some of the old favorites in terms of characters. Have Superman actually kill someone, even if by accident, or in a rage and perhaps have the public start to question him or something of that ilk. I know that scenario has played out with other hero movies but just something different would be nice.

Better yet, give Superman a gun...like a Super Soaker and he flies around getting everyone wet and screaming "You just got punk'd!"

12. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    THIS IS KRYPTON!

oh wait it blowed up lol.

13. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Ugh.

On the one hand, 300 was a ****ing abomination.

On the other hand, Watchmen was faithful to the books, but plodding and ultimately uninteresting; a real feat considering the books are a seminal piece of graphic novel history.

I have a bad feeling about this.

14. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Why do you feel that way about 300?

15. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Bro, even as escapist fare it was just rotten. Miserable, with all that shouting and posturing, and the liberties taken with the history, and the scenery-chewing acting, and the CGI abs...it was just a horror show.

The CGI backgrounds were awesome, though.

16. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    It was about 95% faithful to the book. Most of the main shots, were directly lifted from the panels, as if it was the story board for the movie. Most comics are about scenery-chewing and posturing. If you didn't like it, that's fair, but it was about as faithful an adaptation as you'll see.

17. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Fair enough.

But it remains a miserable piece of filmmaking, and one of only about two or three movies I really wish I had not seen the last few years.

18. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Isnt this supposed to be a dark, gritty take on Superman? Since when has Superman been dark?

19. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Well the movie should look good at least. I enjoyed both Watchman and 300 both were faithful to original stories and creators. Great choice for a villian. I kind of hope they take it in the direction that the last movie never happened and create their own universe to play in. With all of the special effects available, all of the great Superman stories/villians available its just sad the way the last one turned out.

20. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    Zods a great villain. Good stuff. Maybe have Gerry Butler tweak that Scottish accent into a British one...