2020 ARMCHAIRS Dynasty FF League
779 replies
Apologies guys!
Bit of a domestic disaster yesterday (water leak/ceiling/hole sort of situation...) and as Simon mentioned, with an 8-month old baby I'm usually up at the crack of dawn anyway.
Update from me shortly...
"TaylorGators wrote:
Apologies guys!
Bit of a domestic disaster yesterday (water leak/ceiling/hole sort of situation...) and as Simon mentioned, with an 8-month old baby I'm usually up at the crack of dawn anyway.Update from me shortly...
Yuck man - hope everything is ok! No worries at all!
"ToddPhin wrote:
I was just making a joke bc of how big the trade was. You gave up a pretty penny for Metcalf, meaning- I’d basically have to venture into Puka’s prison rape territory to make something happen. :lol:
I guess that really depends on your opinion of some of the players he gave up. It was pretty fair when I look at the players involved.
Montgomery: Potentially good but Bears and fantasy stud hardly go together
Cooks: Good player but concussion/injury history
Sternberger: potential but Rodgers has a history of not using his TE a whole lot.
I'm prepared to investigate trades if anyone is interested in 2.02. Just DM me.
Things I am interested in: 2021 1st Rd pick or a quality starter
Things I am NOT interested in: a package involving 3rd Picks and/or players from the bottom of your Roster.
"Simon wrote:
I'm prepared to investigate trades if anyone is interested in 2.02. Just DM me.
Things I am interested in: 2021 1st Rd pick or a quality starter
Things I am NOT interested in: a package involving 3rd Picks and/or players from the bottom of your Roster.
Good luck! I've failed in my efforts on that exact front for four years now, lol.
I am looking to package 2.10+3.3+3.10 for something
"Simon wrote:
I'm prepared to investigate trades if anyone is interested in 2.02. Just DM me.
Things I am interested in: 2021 1st Rd pick or a quality starter
Things I am NOT interested in: a package involving 3rd Picks and/or players from the bottom of your Roster.
Isn't this exactly what I just tried to fleece you for!? haha :blink:
"TaylorGators wrote:
Isn't this exactly what I just tried to fleece you for!? haha :blink:
I imagine this is what online dating must be like...
Thanks for the various DMs and offers. Nothing really caught my eye so I will make my selection now. Sorry I haven’t got time to reply to everyone individually but flat out at work
"Boik14 wrote:
I guess that really depends on your opinion of some of the players he gave up. It was pretty fair when I look at the players involved.
Montgomery: Potentially good but Bears and fantasy stud hardly go together
Cooks: Good player but concussion/injury history
Sternberger: potential but Rodgers has a history of not using his TE a whole lot.
Even if you think it’s fair, it’s still a lot. Brandon gave up about the max that could be traded for Metcalf. Hence my joke “so what do you want for Metcalf?”, thinking that everyone would realize the implication— that I’d have to give up even more than he did.
"ToddPhin wrote:
Even if you think it’s fair, it’s still a lot. Brandon gave up about the max that could be traded for Metcalf. Hence my joke “so what do you want for Metcalf?”, thinking that everyone would realize the implication— that I’d have to give up even more than he did.
I got it :up:
"ToddPhin wrote:
Even if you think it’s fair, it’s still a lot. Brandon gave up about the max that could be traded for Metcalf. Hence my joke “so what do you want for Metcalf?”, thinking that everyone would realize the implication— that I’d have to give up even more than he did.
I got the joke, I just don’t agree with it. There was another trade I thought was far worse in this thread. Looking at his team his weakest spot was wr, and he addressed it with a guy who could be a star. He gave up depth and guys who could be or have been good players but I’m not sure any have star upside until their situations (teams or coaches) change. I thought it was good for both sides to be honest.
@5492 you’re up
followed by @110
Open to trade ideas if anyone’s looking to move their pick...
My pick is in.
"Unlucky 13 wrote:
My pick is in.
I’ll be honest that’s probably my favorite pick of the draft thus far. He’s going to be be a #1 there very soon, has great hands/route running, should get a heavy target volume and An excellent value. I debated him at 10 I just couldn’t say no to Ruggs star upside. Great pick.
"Unlucky 13 wrote:
My pick is in.
:az:
I couldn't believe he was still there. I tried moving up to get him too. So close. Now what the flip do I do. I gotta do some work shit first before I figure it out
"Puka-head wrote:
I couldn't believe he was still there. I tried moving up to get him too. So close. Now what the flip do I do. I gotta do some work **** first before I figure it out
I feel lucky, because I felt that he was the last guy available in the second tier of players.
I've also gotten pretty lucky the last two years with guys that I liked still there in the 3rd round, so we'll see what happens now.
"Boik14 wrote:
I got the joke, I just don’t agree with it. There was another trade I thought was far worse in this thread. Looking at his team his weakest spot was wr, and he addressed it with a guy who could be a star. He gave up depth and guys who could be or have been good players but I’m not sure any have star upside until their situations (teams or coaches) change. I thought it was good for both sides to be honest.
If I wanted Metcalf, Brandon wouldnt trade him for the same price he paid. I would’ve had to offer up that much, PLUS the vig. That added vig would’ve made the trade look absolutely silly.
Derrick Henry got paid today. Kinda surprised they resigned him. One of the few to get a deal done before franchise contract is set.
"B4him13 wrote:
Derrick Henry got paid today. Kinda surprised they resigned him. One of the few to get a deal done before franchise contract is set.
He's pretty essential to them having the kind of success that they're hoping for in the short term. I would imagine that the coaches and front office see their own futures tied largely on what he can help them do over the next few seasons.
I'm not surprised that Prescott didn't do a deal. It seems like his unreasonable demands have only gotten crazier. The question now becomes whether he spends a couple of seasons under the tag and then leaves like Cousins did, or whether the Cowboys trade him and move onto someone else.
"ToddPhin wrote:
If I wanted Metcalf, Brandon wouldnt trade him for the same price he paid. I would’ve had to offer up that much, PLUS the vig. That added vig would’ve made the trade look absolutely silly.
You wouldn’t trade a player for the same price you paid for them either. We’ve had those types of discussions as I have with Brandon as well. Everyone values players differently.
"B4him13 wrote:
Derrick Henry got paid today. Kinda surprised they resigned him. One of the few to get a deal done before franchise contract is set.
It just brings a tear to my eye :clap: