Ajayi Left At Home In Miami

45 replies

Harleydude666Harleydude666Forum VeteranOP
Sep 9, 2016, 04:23 PM

Greg Likens‏ @GregLikens
Surprising development. Ajayi started preseason as likely starter & now doesn't even travel for Week 1

Fin-OFin-OForum Veteran
Sep 9, 2016, 04:24 PM

"Harleydude666 wrote:

Greg Likens‏ @GregLikens
Surprising development. Ajayi started preseason as likely starter & now doesn't even travel for Week 1

Gase oppressing Jay. Not his fault.

"The reason so many people misunderstand so many issues is not that these issues are so complex, but that the people do not want a factual or analytical explanation that leaves them emotionally unsatisfied"

AguaAguaForum Veteran
Sep 9, 2016, 04:26 PM

Good. Maybe he'll quit sucking so much.

AguaAguaForum Veteran
Sep 9, 2016, 04:33 PM

Adam Beasley said a player told him Ajayi didn't handle the demotion well.

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Sep 9, 2016, 04:36 PM

I heard he tried to make the flight but wasn't able to see the doorway. Kept running into the wall.

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

DorfdadDorfdadForum Veteran
Sep 9, 2016, 04:36 PM

Wow this could get ugly fast.

PHPhinsMondayNitroForum Veteran
Sep 9, 2016, 04:40 PM

He cares more about sucker I mean soccer. We're better without him.

Rock SextonRock SextonForum Veteran
Sep 9, 2016, 04:45 PM

Still mind boggling how we entered the year with him as a starter to begin with.

Watching Lamar Miller over in Houston this year is going to make me violently ill.

RoukRoukForum Veteran
Sep 9, 2016, 04:50 PM

I'm always against drafting from the overrated small schools in college. Always mind blowing to me how Boise state is ranked and their players seem to bust in the NFL more often than not. I mean the dolphins tried to sign CJ in the offseason so that should of already told Ajayi he was on a short leash with this coach.

JWjw3102Forum Veteran
Sep 9, 2016, 05:12 PM

According to many posters on here, Miller wouldn't be missed because Ajayi would easily be able to replace him. Instead the starter is the player Miller replaced in Houston and Ajayi will probably not even be on the roster much longer, because he obviously isn't even one of the top 3 RB's on the roster at this time.

LimboLimboForum Veteran
Sep 9, 2016, 05:21 PM

Sounds like his roster spot could be at risk. Yikes. Had high hopes for this kid, but it ain't happening.

finsergfinsergNew Member
Sep 9, 2016, 05:32 PM

Good move now we're screwed if foster goes down

PandarillaPandarillaForum Veteran
Sep 9, 2016, 05:33 PM

Damnnnnn! That was fast.

I was one of the dudes enamored with Ajayi. He fell the **** out fast. Touted as the most complete back coming out of college. He forgot how to catch in preseason...and then BAM!

thetylernatorthetylernatorForum Veteran
Sep 9, 2016, 05:39 PM

"finserg wrote:

Good move now we're screwed if foster goes down

Probably screwed either way, but I have some confidence in Isaiah Pead and Kenyan Drake. Pead might slowly be turning a corner and he's a fairly "complete" back, while Drake could be used in a way reminiscent of Dion Lewis.

#TrustInGase

Piston HondaPiston HondaForum Veteran
Sep 9, 2016, 05:43 PM

Wow. This is shocking. I heard rumors about Gase not liking Ajayi but yeesh..

finsergfinsergNew Member
Sep 9, 2016, 05:45 PM

"thetylernator wrote:

Probably screwed either way, but I have some confidence in Isaiah Pead and Kenyan Drake. Pead might slowly be turning a corner and he's a fairly "complete" back, while Drake could be used in a way reminiscent of Dion Lewis.

#TrustInGase


Don't get me wrong I love foster but his pass scares me series injury like that makes me
Nervous

invidinvidSupporter
Sep 9, 2016, 05:52 PM

Could just be a hard lesson and a humbling for a young player. Dolphins will be remiss if they don't draft a talented RB in this loaded class coming up.

finfansince72finfansince72Supporter
Sep 9, 2016, 05:53 PM

This has to be more of a personal/punishment type thing, I mean its not like we have a stable of great backs right now.....

Anyway, I'm confident, I mean Tannenbaum was sure that we could be fine without spending 1 penny more than the allotted salary structure allows for a good RB. Has to be confident in players he had a hand in drafting could fill the void. He obviously knows what he's doing.

smahtazsmahtazForum Veteran
Sep 9, 2016, 06:15 PM

This cracked me up.

https://twitter.com/joshbaumgard/status/774358485442191364



It's what you learn after you know it all that counts. ~ John Wooden

DorfdadDorfdadForum Veteran
Sep 9, 2016, 08:10 PM

"jw3102 wrote:

According to many posters on here, Miller wouldn't be missed because Ajayi would easily be able to replace him. Instead the starter is the player Miller replaced in Houston and Ajayi will probably not even be on the roster much longer, because he obviously isn't even one of the top 3 RB's on the roster at this time.

I was one of those. I truly believed he would emerge as a full complete back for us. He may still but man was I wrong thinking this would be his year!! /Eats Crow

Now I'm legit concerned about the position.

DorfdadDorfdadForum Veteran
Sep 9, 2016, 08:11 PM

"invid wrote:

Could just be a hard lesson and a humbling for a young player. Dolphins will be remiss if they don't draft a talented RB in this loaded class coming up.

Well we will have an opportunity pretty high up I have a feeling top 10.

Dolphins1BeatlesDolphins1BeatlesForum Veteran
Sep 9, 2016, 08:15 PM

Okay no need to panic yet. But if Arian Foster gets hurt....

Really wish they would've tried to keep Miller.

1972 Miami Dolphins - The ONLY Perfect NFL Team

K I K O

Nappy RootsNappy RootsForum Veteran
Sep 9, 2016, 08:20 PM

Cut him

ConuficusConuficusLuxury Box
Sep 9, 2016, 08:34 PM

I think it shows two things; Gase has identified the player to make an example of thus far, and that the coaching staff has confidence in Pead, Williams and Drake. One of those players will likely be inactive, but I don't think you'd make this move if you didn't think the other players give you enough to replace him. If Pead gets the shot, and does something with it, then Ajayi will likely only have himself to blame.

We likely will draft a back next year, but it may not be until round 2-3 as we will also need pass rushers, and there a couple that we may value more highly than a back at our slot.

bakedmattbakedmattNew Member
Sep 9, 2016, 10:21 PM

"Dorfdad wrote:

Well we will have an opportunity pretty high up I have a feeling top 10.

That's the spirit

@matthewfpepin