Baker Mayfield

399 replies

Base of GaseBase of GaseForum Veteran
Mar 13, 2018, 12:39 PM

"danmarino wrote:

You throwing your ticket away has nothing to do with Baker's arrest or how he'll play in the NFL.

:chuckle:

Cool, glad that speeding ticket analogy you brought up was beneficial in pointing out the obvious.

:deadhorse:

texanphinatictexanphinaticForum Veteran
Mar 13, 2018, 12:40 PM

"danmarino wrote:

You really have to take what he did in context.

He got drunk (Yes, 99% of all college students do that) and was in an argument with someone over Chinese food. What he did was wrong, but he was drinking and not thinking right. I don't think this incident should cause concern about him.

Messy footwork, unable to properly diagnose the rush, lack of getaway speed, easily tackled, goes down hard (injury waiting to happen). Did he have a drink on him? If so, I didn't see it go flying, so maybe not fumble prone! :chuckle: :rimshot:

DAdanmarinoSupporter
Mar 13, 2018, 12:41 PM

"Base of Gase wrote:

If it was on the police report, yes, then they did do something. You’re getting hung up on one charge being dropped, while excusing him from the others.

Sorry, there’s no excuses for his behavior and moronic decisions.

You can’t erase history.

You're just kidding now, right?

"If it's on the report, something happened"? Really?

I clearly just outlined the 2 laws he broke. And I have, not once, excused him of those actions. Hell, search around and you'll see what I wrote right after he did what he did.

However, the only person trying to alter history is you. And not only that, but you're trying to

1) Claim a guy did something that he never did because it was "on the police report". (BTW, did you ever read the police report or are you making stuff up, again?)

2) Act as if what he did is some over-the-top OJ Simpson stuff that's more rare than a 6' gorgeous blonde who doesn't like money.

Again, your inability to understand nuance and deduce things that most normal and rational people can is going to cause you a lot of misery in life.

Phin McCoolPhin McCoolForum Veteran
Mar 13, 2018, 12:42 PM

I'm sure I read something somewhere about Baker Mayfield getting drunk and running away from the feds. Can't quite remember where I heard it though... Anyone shed any light on this...? :groucho:

Hey, I don't care anyway, the guy's a player.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

DAdanmarinoSupporter
Mar 13, 2018, 12:45 PM

BTW, here is the police report. I think the officer thought (wrongly) that "keeping his arms stiff" equaled "resisting arrest". Obviously the DA, you know the person who actually KNOWS the law, thought no, it doesn't and thus dropped that charge.

[ATTACH:full]

Base of GaseBase of GaseForum Veteran
Mar 13, 2018, 12:47 PM

"Wilkimania wrote:

Well seeing as neither side will convince the other here, I'll change the subject by asking what order do the QBs go in this years draft? Darnold/Rosen/Allen/Mayfield? Also do we think all 4 will be gone by 11?

The way I see it:

1- Darnold
2- Rosen
3- Allen
4- Mayfield

No, I don’t think that all four those quarterbacks will be gone by 11. I expect that Baker Mayfield will drop some, and he will be there at number eleven.

I expect the Buffalo Bills will try to make another trade, this time a big one, and move up to #2 or #3 to draft Josh Rosen. That’s what the current buzz seems to indicate from various circles.

The Arizona Cardinals are the wild card.

DAdanmarinoSupporter
Mar 13, 2018, 12:48 PM

"texanphinatic wrote:

Messy footwork, unable to properly diagnose the rush, lack of getaway speed, easily tackled, goes down hard (injury waiting to happen). Did he have a drink on him? If so, I didn't see it go flying, so maybe not fumble prone! :chuckle: :rimshot:

:clap:

Base of GaseBase of GaseForum Veteran
Mar 13, 2018, 12:52 PM

"danmarino wrote:

BTW, here is the police report. I think the officer thought (wrongly) that "keeping his arms stiff" equaled "resisting arrest". Obviously the DA, you know the person who actually KNOWS the law, thought no, it doesn't and thus dropped that charge.

[ATTACH:full]

I’m not going to speculate. The fact that he was in that position to begin with, and the arresting officer thought he was resisting the handcuffs with the stiff arms, that’s enough for me to avoid.

Making a deal with the district attorney is inconsequential to him making extremely stupid decisions.

No sale.

texanphinatictexanphinaticForum Veteran
Mar 13, 2018, 01:06 PM

"Base of Gase wrote:

The way I see it:

1- Darnold
2- Rosen
3- Allen
4- Mayfield

No, I don’t think that all four those quarterbacks will be gone by 11. I expect that Baker Mayfield will drop some, and he will be there at number eleven.

I expect the Buffalo Bills will try to make another trade, this time a big one, and move up to #2 or #3 to draft Josh Rosen. That’s what the current buzz seems to indicate from various circles.

The Arizona Cardinals are the wild card.

I heard Allen is their boi, with Darnold leading the Browns list so far.

IMO though, the Browns would be stupid to pass on Barkley at #1, just makes way to much sense. At the very worst, they are picking between 2 of the 4 guys listed. I don't really think any 1 has separated. All have some red flags, all have incredible potential. Unless you just really think poorly of multiple of those guys ... pick the best player in the draft and take the QB of your choice from the pool still available.

There are a few wild cards though. Will the Giants be happy with Eli for another year or two, or will they be unable to pass on a guy? Will the Jets sign Cousins? Does Gase even want "his" guy, or is he really happy with THill?

Base of GaseBase of GaseForum Veteran
Mar 13, 2018, 01:13 PM

"danmarino wrote:

You're just kidding now, right?

"If it's on the report, something happened"? Really?

I clearly just outlined the 2 laws he broke. And I have, not once, excused him of those actions. Hell, search around and you'll see what I wrote right after he did what he did.

However, the only person trying to alter history is you. And not only that, but you're trying to

1) Claim a guy did something that he never did because it was "on the police report". (BTW, did you ever read the police report or are you making stuff up, again?)

2) Act as if what he did is some over-the-top OJ Simpson stuff that's more rare than a 6' gorgeous blonde who doesn't like money.

Again, your inability to understand nuance and deduce things that most normal and rational people can is going to cause you a lot of misery in life.

You’re hellbent on unsuccessfully trying to diminish the magnitude of the crimes that this kid has committed. What is the motivation for that endeavor?

I’m not trying to alter any history, other than pointing out to you and others, that 99.9% of college students don’t act like Baker Mayfield. 99.9% of college students also don’t drink alcohol, or have trouble with the law because of it.

I understand the details very well, a high profile athlete that will be picked high in the NFL draft has a checkered past, and made some extremely stupid decisions that involved the law.

My life is wonderful, despite you wishing for something to the contrary. Wishing ill will on others, is quite a telling picture that your own life isn’t all roses.

WIWilkimaniaForum Veteran
Mar 13, 2018, 01:28 PM

Obviously this relies on teams behaving in certain ways but if the Bills go aggressive like we're expecting and move up into the top 5 then there's a good chance that 4 of the 5 top 5 picks are QB's regardless of whether the Bills trade up to #3 or #4 pick (I'd guess those are the two they target). Based off of previous years trades into the top 5 we have nowhere near enough options to trade up to those picks without handicapping the rest of our draft for the year, so the question surely isn't is Baker Mayfield a good enough to be a great QB in the NFL but is Mayfield going to be good enough that he's worth what it would cost for us to outbid the Bills in jumping up in the draft to get him? This of course isn't an issue in Base of Gase's scenario where he drops to us anyway.

Fin DFin DForum Veteran
Mar 13, 2018, 01:30 PM

"Base of Gase wrote:

You’re hellbent on unsuccessfully trying to diminish the magnitude of the crimes that this kid has committed. What is the motivation for that endeavor?

I’m not trying to alter any history, other than pointing out to you and others, that 99.9% of college students don’t act like Baker Mayfield. 99.9% of college students also don’t drink alcohol, or have trouble with the law because of it.

I understand the details very well, a high profile athlete that will be picked high in the NFL draft has a checkered past, and made some extremely stupid decisions that involved the law.

My life is wonderful, despite you wishing for something to the contrary. Wishing ill will on others, is quite a telling picture that your own life isn’t all roses.

Liar, a human life can't be all roses, those are plants and humans need more than plants. they need water and shelter too. Why are you lying?

Base of GaseBase of GaseForum Veteran
Mar 13, 2018, 01:31 PM

"texanphinatic wrote:

I heard Allen is their boi, with Darnold leading the Browns list so far.

IMO though, the Browns would be stupid to pass on Barkley at #1, just makes way to much sense. At the very worst, they are picking between 2 of the 4 guys listed. I don't really think any 1 has separated. All have some red flags, all have incredible potential. Unless you just really think poorly of multiple of those guys ... pick the best player in the draft and take the QB of your choice from the pool still available.

There are a few wild cards though. Will the Giants be happy with Eli for another year or two, or will they be unable to pass on a guy? Will the Jets sign Cousins? Does Gase even want "his" guy, or is he really happy with THill?

I’m with you, man. There’s no way that I would pass on Saquon Barkley at #1 overall. That one is a no-brainer for me. Then they come back and grab whichever of the QB’s are left at 4. Cleveland is sitting pretty, suffice to say.

It will be interesting if a team swoops in and makes them an outlandish offer that they simply can’t refuse. There will be a treasure trove of compensation for that right and privilege, that’s for sure.

Not sure with Gase. I know that Ryan Tannehill is his guy, but at the back of his mind he HAS to be thinking of contingency plans and the future. Tannehill hasn’t played football in almost two years, so there’s always that specter of shaking off rust and adjusting to game speed with the knee.

I think that Adam Gase likes Josh Rosen quite a bit, from the perspective of presnap reads and scanning the field. We probably don’t have enough ammunition to move up and swipe him, but who knows? It’ll be fun to see how it plays out in the draft.

Base of GaseBase of GaseForum Veteran
Mar 13, 2018, 01:35 PM

"Fin D wrote:

Liar, a human life can't be all roses, those are plants and humans need more than plants. they need water and shelter too. Why are you lying?

https://i.imgur.com/Mlhydlz.jpg

You’ve been reduced to this, huh?

Fin DFin DForum Veteran
Mar 13, 2018, 01:40 PM

"Base of Gase wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/Mlhydlz.jpg

You’ve been reduced to this, huh?

Liar, I haven't been reduced. I'm the exact same size as I was earlier. Why are you lying?

I mean so far you've lied about the following things:

- Hyenas bark
- Said I typed "bark"
- Said that dan puts his nose on a grindstone
- said a humans life can be solely about roses
- I've shrunk in size

These are your words, not mine. You said them and they are lies, you should back them up.

Base of GaseBase of GaseForum Veteran
Mar 13, 2018, 01:48 PM

"Fin D wrote:

Liar, I haven't been reduced. I'm the exact same size as I was earlier. Why are you lying?

I mean so far you've lied about the following things:

- Hyenas bark
- Said I typed "bark"
- Said that dan puts his nose on a grindstone
- said a humans life can be solely about roses
- I've shrunk in size

These are your words, not mine. You said them and they are lies, you should back them up.

Ok, so Boomer’s bodyguard and white knight is yowling. Unimaginable.

(yawns)

Fin DFin DForum Veteran
Mar 13, 2018, 01:50 PM

"Base of Gase wrote:

Ok, so Boomer’s bodyguard and white knight is yowling. Unimaginable.

(yawns)

When do the lies end???!?!??!?!?!

Boomer doesn't have a bodyguard and I'm not a knight. Its like you can't stop.

Base of GaseBase of GaseForum Veteran
Mar 13, 2018, 01:53 PM

Fin D,

Is this really the best that you have? I’ve been unimpressed so far, and expected a better coloring of histrionics.

Fin DFin DForum Veteran
Mar 13, 2018, 01:56 PM

"Base of Gase wrote:

Fin D,

Is this really the best that you have? I’ve been unimpressed so far, and expected a better coloring of histrionics.

I'm just acting like you.

Base of GaseBase of GaseForum Veteran
Mar 13, 2018, 01:57 PM

"Fin D wrote:

I'm just acting like you.

I’m just acting like you.

M1NDCRlMEM1NDCRlMEForum Veteran
Mar 13, 2018, 02:08 PM

"Base of Gase wrote:

99.9% of college students also don’t drink alcohol, or have trouble with the law because of it.

LOL. I don’t where you got your “facts” but that’s some Disney level story telling right there.

SICK;944668 wrote:

that and.....the city of jacksonville sucks.

Base of GaseBase of GaseForum Veteran
Mar 13, 2018, 02:12 PM

"M1NDCRlME wrote:

LOL. I don’t where you got your “facts” but that’s some Disney level story telling right there.

Oh I get it, you’ve never heard of marijuana. Welcome to Planet Earth.

Enjoy your stay, earthling!

Base of GaseBase of GaseForum Veteran
Mar 13, 2018, 02:16 PM

https://www.samhsa.gov/data/sites/default/files/report_2361/ShortReport-2361.html

Where’s the 99.9%? Yeah, nothing even close to that ludicrous notion.

What else is on the rise, which most people knew about? Oh yeah, more and more students using marijuana.

M1NDCRlMEM1NDCRlMEForum Veteran
Mar 13, 2018, 04:44 PM

"Base of Gase wrote:

Oh I get it, you’ve never heard of marijuana. Welcome to Planet Earth.

Enjoy your stay, earthling!

So now you're moving the goalposts because I called you out on your misinformation...you talked about alcohol, and now you've changed it to weed. WEED IS NOT ALCOHOL, ALCOHOL IS NOT WEED.

SICK;944668 wrote:

that and.....the city of jacksonville sucks.

Rdrunn004Rdrunn004New Member
Mar 13, 2018, 06:42 PM

This is why the draft is so great. We can all have differences of opinions and there really is no telling who will be right until 3 years down the road when it has all played out.

If I was Cleveland I would be taking Barkley at #1 and QB at #4. Combine him with Landry, Gordon and the TE from UM (name escapes me right now) and you have a a good supporting cast for any rookie QB selected in the top 5. I honestly don’t feel a major difference between the top 4 QBs and their potential to outperform each other. So, at worst case scenario they will still get one of those QBs. Albeit, maybe not the one they want.

My ranking of these QBs would probably be as follows (and I retain the right to change my order at point in the future - lol):
Darnold
Mayfield
Rosen
Allen

We will see 3 years down the road which QB(s) pull away from the others. Maybe it is even one who is not even on this list.