Buying a Flight Ticket

4 replies

GridIronKing34GridIronKing34Forum VeteranOP
Oct 1, 2009, 11:32 AM

So I am considering going to the Dolphins/Carolina game and most of the flight tickets around my area seem to go between $350 to $400. Basically there are not any "major" airports near me, more or less decent sized ones. Des Moines, IA. Cedar Rapids, IA. Dubuque, IA. Waterloo, IA. Those are the ones I have been looking at.

I could look into Chicago, but that's a 5 hour drive for me... I'd much rather drive an hour, if possible.

Anyways, are there any tricks or tips some of you guys have for buying a flight ticket. Maybe even someplace with a student discount as I am going to college. I always hear of people getting these "amazing deals" on their flight ticket prices but I am never able to find them. Thanks!

StitchesStitchesLuxury Box
Oct 1, 2009, 11:38 AM

Priceline, name your own price. You can get up to 40% off.

If you know how much a ticket normally costs, just take 35% off and put that as your named price. I think you'd have a decent shot of it being accepted.

2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)

22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU

azfinfanmangazfinfanmangLuxury Box
Oct 1, 2009, 11:46 AM

Move the hell out of BFE Iowa would be my first suggestion :up:

As Pete mentioned, priceline is a gamblers way. Try travelocity z(My favorite) or travelzoo. They will show prices for all airlines.....cept Southwest, but that shouldn't affect you :up:

GridIronKing34GridIronKing34Forum Veteran
Oct 1, 2009, 11:48 AM

"azfinfanmang wrote:

Move the hell out of BFE Iowa would be my first suggestion :up:

As Pete mentioned, priceline is a gamblers way. Try travelocity z(My favorite) or travelzoo. They will show prices for all airlines.....cept Southwest, but that shouldn't affect you :up:

I'd like to move to Los Angeles or New York when I graduate to pursue a career in filmography... but first I have to graduate. :wink2:

StitchesStitchesLuxury Box
Oct 1, 2009, 12:10 PM

"azfinfanmang wrote:

Move the hell out of BFE Iowa would be my first suggestion :up:

As Pete mentioned, priceline is a gamblers way. Try travelocity z(My favorite) or travelzoo. They will show prices for all airlines.....cept Southwest, but that shouldn't affect you :up:

Yea, I got my tickets for 30% off the lowest price shown on travelocity (around $70 off), so I definitely think priceline is the way to go if you can travel any time of day or night.

2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)

22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU