1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clabo is very perplexed..

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by djphinfan, Oct 17, 2013.

1. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Still skeptical of Kaepernick. Showing a little growing pains this year. We'll see if he pushes through it.

2. gandalfin

gandalfin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Kissimmee, Florida
    Particularly agree about the penalty. He's in the pocket during most of these plays, making the throwaway problematic for the most part. There is practically no time to find an eligible receiver.

ckparrothead likes this.
  3. gandalfin

Dec 10, 2007
    Kissimmee, Florida
    Russell Wilson has a nifty move that I've seen him use many times when under pressure. He will start to move up in whatever pocket is still there, then stop and slide backwards. He is so sudden with this move that it almost always gives him space to maneuver. Of course, once he has space to move the guy is deadly, and he makes a lot of plays this way. Don't know whether Tannehill is quite elusive enough to do something similar, and this just seems to be very natural for Wilson.

ckparrothead likes this.
  4. gandalfin

Dec 10, 2007
    Kissimmee, Florida
    My sentiments exactly.

5. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    That's a really good point.

6. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    I imagine Clabo was also perplexed when the Falcons cut him after last season. After watching his play over the first five regular season games with the Dolphins, I'm certainly not perplexed why they cut him.

Clabo has been playing this game most of his life and I guess he can't accept that his skills have diminished so much that he is now more a liability than an asset as an offensive lineman in the NFL. He is merely this years Colombo for the Dolphins, I have no doubt he will be gone from the roster after this season is over.

7. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    very much appreciate the video mate.

Eop05 likes this.
  8. KB21

KB21 Almost Never Wrong Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    I don't like him, but the guy can obviously coach. His first two stints in the NFL didn't go too well. He goes to USC and dominates. Now, he's at Seattle and is building up a monster of a team.

I wonder how different things would have been in Miami if we had landed him in 2007 when we hired Cam Cameron? There were a lot of early rumors that year that we were trying to lure him by giving him the kind of authority over the football operations that he has in Seattle. Part of me wonders if they didn't pursue him like the rumors were stating, or if Pete just didn't want to make the jump to Miami at that point.

Pete's success has me watching another coach who had a couple of stints with mixed results and is now in the process of building a college program into a national power.

Jim Mora Jr. at UCLA. I was one of the few on here that supported hiring him in 2007, and I think that's who Randy Mueller wanted but H. Wayne had to get an offensive minded coach. I personally think Mora Jr is a heck of a coach, and he's getting the opportunity to show that at UCLA now. He got a raw deal in Atlanta because they attached his career to Michael Vick. It comes with the game, but their misevaluation of Michael Vick was blamed on Jim because the team had no consistency.

He got one year with a very bad team in Seattle before they brought in Pete.

Pete Carroll was 33-31 in his first two stints in the NFL. He was 6-6 in his first season at USC before having 7 straight years of winning at least 11 games.
    Jim Mora was 31-33 in his first two stints in the NFL. He was 9-5 in his first season at UCLA and is currently 5-0 this season with a top 10 team and a stud quarterback prospect.

Now, I'm not advocating replacing Joe Philbin anytime soon, but if we ever come to the point that we feel like we need to make a change, Jim Mora Jr would be at the top of my list of replacements. Him and David Shaw at Stanford.

MrClean, DolfanTom and djphinfan like this.
  9. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    I like the atmosphere that Pete Carroll fosters. Of course, it probably only works when you've got talent and you're winning.

ssmiami and emocomputerjock like this.
  10. emocomputerjock

emocomputerjock Senior Member

Nov 23, 2007
    DC
    That's the same sense I get from watching him. He's not exactly dealing with a lot of adversity right now.

11. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    When/if that ends up happening, I kind of expect him to cut and run.

12. emocomputerjock

Nov 23, 2007
    DC
    Lucky bastard's got one of the best QBs out there right now, so sadly that'll be a decade or more...

ckparrothead likes this.
  13. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    No one on the level of Cap or Wilson recently, but maybe it was when I defended that Andy dalton would be a pretty good pro..

But I thought Weeden would be better than he has been..

14. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    The fanbase there is creating it's own identity because of a stadium that was built correctly ..and their starting to become real smart about it..Russell Wilson has never lost at the link..this is one of the reasons why Rusell was worth a first round pick, because he eats adversity for breakfast..on the field and off.

15. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

He manipulates the rush. Redirects them. The way QBs redirect safeties with their eyes.

Except this is a skill I haven't seen used this way before.

16. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    The fanbase was like that in the days of the Kingdome.

17. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    There's no "starting to" about it. The Seattle fans have been known as the "12th man" for a long, long time. That's a decades-old tradition.

18. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    He's really thin at receiver, I like their 12 personnel package with Davis McDonald and Gore, love Boldin but losing Crabtree and their fast promising Patton hurts bad, Patton should be back by the end of the season, but I think Seattle will just bracket them and suffocate this year, but I'm confident that Cap will make a game of it up there.

I believe they are not gonna run much read option til playoff time, I think they think they can win without it, not put damage onto their Qb, and bust it out when it's time..

19. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    Exactly. The Kingdome was famous for its noise. If memory serves me right it was one of the main reason the NFL did its, "flag the crowd" for noise thing that it did for a while and smartly abandoned.

20. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    There's another level that they're tapping into that I was talking about..it's becoming a game within a game for them..their forming plans on how to attack, it's way ahead of the curve from anything we have seen before..it's really cool and awesome and brilliant and totally a serious advantage in the game, and a money making machine.

21. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    I think you're seeing cloud formations.

Stitches likes this.
  22. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    No...it's different..it's better.

23. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Keep thinking.

24. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    I disagree. Seahawk fans have been that way since at least 1988.

The built the stadium around the fans.

Stitches and ckparrothead like this.
  25. emocomputerjock

Nov 23, 2007
    DC
    Its the same...its samier?

ckparrothead likes this.
  26. Section126

Section126 We are better than you. Luxury Box

Dec 20, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    No. That is assuming that everybody produces their averages.

27. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    They have had two great buildings..

I'm not bashing the old school ones, I'm just saying that what's going on up there now is way more strategic..they know what they have and their getting creative with it..

They literally advertise everyone in their seats come kickoff..they demand that everyone in the building stands on defense... they asked fans and promoted to not leave the building regardless of score, and if they are blowing out a team, they want you to stand and cheer in defense in the fourth quarter..

These things are all communicated very well to the fanbase..and when a fanbase gets a taste of blood, when they know they can literally affect the outcome of the game and the performance of their own players and the opponents, they get more thirsty..

PhinsRock likes this.
  28. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

He should learn when you point your finger, you're pointing three back at yourself.

ckparrothead likes this.
  29. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    I haven't seen that in the game I have been to or heard that from anyone who has actually gone to the game.

When there is a blow out, fans leave. Traffic in that area is a *****.

The Seahawk fans that actually go to the games have always been pretty good at knowing when to cheer and when not to cheer. In fact, they even know when to cheer ironically, which is always fun to watch.

They might be getting better at it, however it isn't new. You might be just noticing things.

30. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    No, I'm not just noticing anything...the fans in a blowout in Seattle are going to stay and stand and scream when their on defense..the absolute majority are doing it, if you want proof, watch the fourth quarters of games....during the PREseason...I'd say 90 % capacity, in the fourth! with scrubs! and every fan in the building on their feet! during a blowout???announcers were taking about how ridiculous it was and that no one has ever seen anything like it..

If you don't think their planning on how to be a more effective home field advantage you would be wrong, they are..

31. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    Seahawk fans are excited. They feel they have a legitimate chance of winning a superbowl. This is an area that hasn't won anything since 1978. They are very hungry for it.

However this idea that there is this secret effort and planning by the fanbase, that is ridiculous. I talk to the fanbase every day. I would know about it. It would be on the talk radio of this area. I live in Seattle. I have friends who are season ticket holders.

The fanbase has always been intelligent fans, however there isn't some education of what to do on gamedays that is going around. The team isn't a secret pamphlet on when to cheer. In the first time in a lot of sports fans lives, they have a reason to be excited about the Seahawks. They are not only a team that is competing for the superbowl, they are favorites. The way most people talk here, they already won the Superbowl.

CK is right, you are seeing something in the clouds.

Stitches likes this.
  32. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    He also has a good amount of cheating on his resume. That always helps.

MrClean likes this.
  33. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    lets just say 52,500 members on one Facebook community can make a movement and get a message out there, how do you think the Guinness record for noise was conveyed..message boards are the grass roots.

How do you think there were more fans in Arizona last nite then you've ever seen at an away game for the hawks, the announcers cracked on the cardinal fans for being loud when they were on offense, he had no clue those weren't cardinal fans, how do you think they all stayed after to welcome and cheer for Russell at the desk in such a large amount..There are committees promoting, selling, fueling..it's evolving..they get it.

34. emocomputerjock

Nov 23, 2007
    DC
    There were a bunch of Seahawk fans because the Seahawks are hot **** right now and everyone's coming out of the woodwork to jump on that bandwagon. Also, the Hawks don't hold the record for noise, the Chiefs do, and they did that in a 40 year old stadium not engineered to pack crowd noise in.

Stitches and MrClean like this.
  35. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    That was on the radio, the news, everyone's facebook pages. The Guiness book record was not grassroots.

36. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I understand the chiefs have the record, Clemson will take it over 2maro nite probabaly, that wasn't the point.. The point was it didn't organically happen, there was a movement to do so..

Love the chiefs stadium, they should never get rid of it, only upgrade...proximity sir is what it's all about, and arrowhead is another example that proves my point.

Back in topic...We need to run the football 2maro, create some balance, move up our 28th spot in TOP, and see if our three scrubs get move better going forward then backwards.

DOLPHAN1 likes this.
  37. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    52,00 members for one site dedicated to the 12 the man...call it whatever you want, I call it a movement.

I know people on the committee who got it started, and where it's their job to promote the 12 the man, like I said, evolving it Into its own identity is happening..

38. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    Things change, it was always its own identity. There is a reason the number 12 jersey was retired in Seattle.

39. emocomputerjock

Nov 23, 2007
    DC
    In 1984. I"m pretty sure that predates facebook.

40. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Deflecting what I said, that's fine, the point was made by Dupree that there is nothing going on but fans standing and cheerin when their on defense, just like they did back in the day, I disproved his notion..