Contingency plans for Reshad Jones' absence

11 replies

PandarillaPandarillaForum VeteranOP
Oct 19, 2016, 03:03 PM

I'm fine with whatever they do. Injuries happen but I don't want to invest in a trade until we see how Thomas and Aikens respond. Really interested to see what Aikens can do. He's progressed from what I've read and can tell from his ST's play.

I've read about an idea to trade for Jeremy Cash from Carolina...Any other ideas?

ExplosionsInDaSkyExplosionsInDaSkyForum Veteran
Oct 19, 2016, 03:35 PM

I doubt a trade happens. I think good teams find ways to overcome injuries in football. Not so much in basketball, but with football being the ultimate team sport, it's different. I mean...obviously if San Diego lost Rivers for the year it would be devastating, we saw it with Romo last year, we've seen it with Peyton, we had it happen with Marino. So outside of the QB position I think teams can overcome injuries to key players, but it's still a hard thing to do. I think losing Jones is going to especially hurt us because he's the most talented player we have on defense and he has the greatest impact on the game for us.
Next man up..Aikens gets one last shot.

DODolphinGregSupporter
Oct 19, 2016, 04:00 PM

Trade for someone?

You want this team to invest limited resources in a contingency to help salvage this year?

What?

DODolphinGregSupporter
Oct 19, 2016, 04:04 PM

Best to continue conversing in the Reshad Jones thread, btw. This isn't a separate topic.

PandarillaPandarillaForum Veteran
Oct 19, 2016, 04:09 PM

"DolphinGreg wrote:

Trade for someone?

You want this team to invest limited resources in a contingency to help salvage this year?

What?

No, I don't. The Bills lost their best offensive player in Sammy Watkins and their offense is playing better. I'm more into seeing what Joseph can do with what we already have or perhaps a wrinkle in the scheme. Considering the likelihood of a smash mouth run heavy offense from Buffalo, maybe an extra lineman or LB.

PandarillaPandarillaForum Veteran
Oct 19, 2016, 04:18 PM

"DolphinGreg wrote:

Best to continue conversing in the Reshad Jones thread, btw. This isn't a separate topic.

Yeah, I thought so too, but wanted a thread devoted to ideas on how to approach the loss, other than intermingled posts of doom and defeatist gloom in reaction to the loss of Jones.

PandarillaPandarillaForum Veteran
Oct 19, 2016, 04:50 PM

Meh, you're right, Greg...mods please delete thread.

PandarillaPandarillaForum Veteran
Oct 20, 2016, 12:09 AM

Never can find a mod when you need one...

dolphin25dolphin25Forum Veteran
Oct 21, 2016, 09:30 AM

Perhaps with Jones not there to play off script the defense plays better?

Lord help us.

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Oct 22, 2016, 11:19 AM

"dolphin25 wrote:

Perhaps with Jones not there to play off script the defense plays better?

How would that work? I'm genuinely curious in search of a single ray of hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

invidinvidSupporter
Oct 22, 2016, 11:35 AM

"dolphin25 wrote:

Perhaps with Jones not there to play off script the defense plays better?

So we feel like we have a good group back there as far as trying to do ... you're never going to match what Reshad (Jones) brought, but just try to get as close as possible."

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article109891017.html#storylink=cpy

From Adam Gase.

PandarillaPandarillaForum Veteran
Oct 22, 2016, 02:48 PM

It happens all the time. Players step up and outperform as a unit.

Heck, look at our TE's, Jones and Grey look far superior to Sims and Cameron.

Same with the Bills. They brought in nobodies and ripped off four straight.