Damm I miss marino

20 replies

PUpumpdogsForum VeteranOP
Sep 26, 2009, 11:03 PM

I watched the chargers vs phins from the 1995 playoffs and I know we lost but marino was the man.Are defence was on the field the entire second half and that is why we lost..I watch dan and realize how exciting he was to watch and how boring this team is.3 and 6 was no problem to pick up.I watch now and I see are QB throw a 4 yard pass on 3rd and 6.I was so spoiled watching him for 17 years and Its hard for me to watch a game manager like pennington.So boring.Man I wish I could turn back the clock.

PandarillaPandarillaForum Veteran
Sep 26, 2009, 11:49 PM

Is there a spelling schism being created in the blogosphere?

FOF.ONew Member
Sep 27, 2009, 12:00 AM

Are QB ?

Are defense ?

What are our QB's (and defense) doing again ?

Zeke0123Zeke0123Forum Veteran
Sep 27, 2009, 12:31 AM

Manning is the Closest thing to Marino...He doesnt have Marino's arm or release He does what he does with timing and Film study but the effect is still very simular...How we lost to the Colts on Monday night Is how other teams used to feel playing Marino.

2socks2socksForum Veteran
Sep 27, 2009, 12:57 AM

"pumpdogs wrote:

I watched the chargers vs phins from the 1995 playoffs and I know we lost but marino was the man.Are defence was on the field the entire second half and that is why we lost..I watch dan and realize how exciting he was to watch and how boring this team is.3 and 6 was no problem to pick up.I watch now and I see are QB throw a 4 yard pass on 3rd and 6.I was so spoiled watching him for 17 years and Its hard for me to watch a game manager like pennington.So boring.Man I wish I could turn back the clock.

I was gonna tell you the same thing. I also watched that game and was reminded at that time how exciting it was to watch the master play. He was truely a special individual and a commander the likes we will probably never see again. Comparing that team to today ( can't help it, ya just do) reminded me how much work we got left to do.

Turning back the clock...........I'd take Marino any day, anytime, any place

Winning isn't everything - it's the only thing
In Our Business there is no second place
Either your first or your last

Vince Lombardi

CashInFistCashInFistForum Veteran
Sep 27, 2009, 01:41 AM

I feel lucky to have been fortunate enough to watch his entire career from college on. Lived down there for about 10 years of his career and went to 95% if the home games with my dad. Went with my GFs a few times too.

No one ever threw the rock like Dan Marino.

ANAnonymousSupporter
Sep 27, 2009, 01:47 AM

I miss the 72 Dolphins. I miss not losing a single game.

NaboCaneNaboCaneNew Member
Sep 27, 2009, 03:29 AM

"Pandarilla wrote:

Is there a spelling schism being created in the blogosphere?

:chuckle:

The spelling I can get past; but I have ADHD and I don't read anything that someone can't at least take the time to punctuate. It scrambles my already-feeble brain.

finsergfinsergNew Member
Sep 27, 2009, 04:01 AM

What was the game when we lost big,i think it was his last game.

Cant remember but it was ugly ?

NaboCaneNaboCaneNew Member
Sep 27, 2009, 04:02 AM

"finserg wrote:

What was the game when we lost big,i think it was his last game.

Cant remember but it was ugly ?

1999 against the Panthers...62-7, I think.

edit: maybe it was Jacksonville...??? that's how well I've blocked it out.

CashInFistCashInFistForum Veteran
Sep 27, 2009, 04:32 AM

"finserg wrote:

What was the game when we lost big,i think it was his last game.

Cant remember but it was ugly ?

This post makes you look like a hater. :pity:

adamprez2003adamprez2003Forum Veteran
Sep 27, 2009, 08:12 AM

Marino was the best who ever played. God had to injure his knees just to give the defenses a shot, he was that good. The only QB I will ever consider a debate on is John Elway but to me Marino was a hobbled step above. He just seemed to have a touch more accuracy on the deep stuff. Maybe more than just a touch. The great failure of our organization was never giving him the running game he needed. Overstreet and Franklin. What might have been



2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock

Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"

PUpumpdogsForum Veteran
Sep 27, 2009, 08:47 AM

I did not know we have a bunch of grammer school teachers on this site.I was feeling no pain when I wrote it.

finsergfinsergNew Member
Sep 27, 2009, 10:35 AM

"NaboCane wrote:

1999 against the Panthers...62-7, I think.

edit: maybe it was Jacksonville...??? that's how well I've blocked it out.

Thats the one well maybe but the score seems right :cry:

KEkeypusherForum Veteran
Sep 27, 2009, 10:50 AM

"pumpdogs wrote:

I watched the chargers vs phins from the 1995 playoffs and I know we lost but marino was the man.Are defence was on the field the entire second half and that is why we lost..

Not to rub it in, but the Colts defense was on the field the entire second half last week. We still lost. What's the difference? In the second half, the Chargers stopped Marino. Last week, we didn't stop Manning.

Also, in 1995 our defense did stop the Chargers on the one yard line after a long drive. On our first offensive play the line caved in and the Chargers got a safety. Turned the whole game around. We kicked to them, they scored on another long drive, and a 21-6 game was 21-15. We eventually lost 22-21 after yet another long Chargers drive. Ah, memories.

Re the other question in the thread, yes, it was Jacksonville.

The G ManThe G ManForum Veteran
Sep 27, 2009, 11:18 AM

"NaboCane wrote:

1999 against the Panthers...62-7, I think.

edit: maybe it was Jacksonville...??? that's how well I've blocked it out.

It was Jax. Wildcard playoff game. Worst game in Dolphins history IMHO. And, regrettably...Danny's last. Terrible way to end a career. But, many, many great memories helps to erase that game from the memory banks. For me anyway.

And yes...I miss Marino as much as anyone. He was truly special, and a lot of fun to watch. I've said it before and I'll say it again...there's no else I'd want with the ball with the game on the line. The guy was amazing running the two minute drill. At times it would almost feel as if he was willing the team to win. Never seen anyone with his passion to win and competitive spirit.

Yeah, I think we would've won last Monday night's game if he was the QB. 3:18 was an eternity for Dan.

http://larrycsonka.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/071511-NFL-Larry-Csonka-PI_2011071516291173_660_320.jpg

His'nBeatYour'nHis'nBeatYour'nNew Member
Sep 27, 2009, 11:24 AM

Watched that game yesterday too. It was the perfect game to show after the Dolphins loss on Monday. The Dolphin defense was dead from being on the field so much, but Marino was unstoppable for most of the game.

How Pennington couldn't pull a Stan Humphries and get the team down for a TD with over 3 minutes is infuriating.

Really missed Marino watching the way he could command his team down the field. That season was his last best shot at a ring. Still can't believe Stoyanovich missed that FG.

The officiating in that game was god awful too. The Dolphins took the brunt of it, but letting Kieth Jackson get away with a forward pass penalty 30 yards down field instead of a fumble was one of the worst calls I've ever seen.

Natrone Means with an entire foot out of bounds at the 3 still pisses me off. Thank goodness the NFL brought back instant replay.

It was also the game where the power mysteriously disappeared from the Dolphins locker room at halftime.

His'nBeatYour'nHis'nBeatYour'nNew Member
Sep 27, 2009, 11:26 AM

Was that the last Dolphin playoff loss that was actually competitive?

OnehondoOnehondoSupporter
Sep 27, 2009, 12:18 PM

I can just imagine what Marino could have done in his prime with Ricky Williams in his prime in the backfield. Marino in his prime and Ricky in his prime would have been an awesome combination and hard to stop.

KEkeypusherForum Veteran
Sep 27, 2009, 12:42 PM

"His'nBeatYour'n wrote:

Was that the last Dolphin playoff loss that was actually competitive?

Wow, I think so. In 95 we got killed by Buffalo, in 98 by the Broncos, in 99 by Jax, in 2000 by the Raiders, in 2001 by the Ravens, in 08 by the Ravens. Did we make the playoffs in 97? can't remember.

finsergfinsergNew Member
Sep 27, 2009, 01:10 PM

"CashInFist wrote:

This post makes you look like a hater. :pity:

IT DOES OK bECUASE YOU SAY SO :pity: