Dear Mr. Ross

21 replies

DorfdadDorfdadForum VeteranOP
Oct 24, 2010, 04:20 PM

Mr. Ross

I am going to keep this short. Some of the fans here are going to disagree with me 100% and that's fine. I don't have a dolphins logo stuck up my ass and I am loyal fan who is tired of the mediocrity this team represents.

Some would say Today's game against Pittsburgh isn't the time to write this email however I feel it's perfectly fitting.

You are asking fans to pay premium prices for HOME games you know they ones you have not won yet this season. Well consider the way your team is playing Im not willing to spend money on your team.

Your coaches are not up to the challenge of what you expect. Tony Sparano plays way to conservative and scared to win a big game! 4th and 1 on the 50 what would the JETS or New England your hated division rivals do? Punt or Establish that they can get half a yard?

Well you coach plays scared. Your special teams once again gave up a Major back breaking play in the fourth when they needed to stand tall.

Mr. Ross far be it from me from telling you how to run your team, but do me a favor don't ask me to financially support this "inconsistent" team.

You had the option to fix the secondary all off-season but decided we didnt need it. YOU HAD OPTIONS!!! but choose not to.

Your Franchise QB choked AGAIN! When the game counts he plays his worst. Your Offensive Coordinator is pathetic.. The League has passed him by he may have been great 20 years ago but in 2010 he is not what we need.

I could really go on and on about MY concerns, but like I said many here will disagree call me stupid say I don't know football that it takes 30 years to build a team and we need to be patient.

I'm Sorry MR. Ross I'm not willing to wait again when year after year OTHER teams - Division Teams make the RIGHT moves year after year while we make one or two moves and neglect MAJOR holes.

To my Dolphins Fan's I know you might disagree but thats ok. I want the Dolphins to win just as much as you. I bitch to ease my pain while you refrain from speaking. Thats fine but you all HAVE to agree now that something needs to be done. I take ZERO salience in moral victories.

In Short Mr. Ross Please clean this mess up. If it means Ronnie Brow is gone so be it, if it means the Front Office changes do it, if it means we draft a PREMIER QB in round one than DO IT! Whatever it takes just do it!

We want this team to STOP being the benchmark for other teams accolades. We want to feel the team is respected in the Media, and around the league and right now this team just ins't anything but AVERAGE!

The season needs to play out I understand

ClipseClipseNew Member
Oct 24, 2010, 04:25 PM

He should start by paying off the refs more than the teams we're playing are.

AbideN703AbideN703New Member
Oct 24, 2010, 04:34 PM

Are you going to actually send this letter to him or bitch about him to us, the guys who have nothing to do with anything you're complaining about?

305TillIDie305TillIDieNew Member
Oct 24, 2010, 04:38 PM

mr. Ross doesn't give a damn about this football team. As long as he's making a club in the stadium, and having a orange carpet and celebs down here, he's good to go. :up:

DorfdadDorfdadForum Veteran
Oct 24, 2010, 04:39 PM

"AbideN703 wrote:

Are you going to actually send this letter to him or bitch about him to us, the guys who have nothing to do with anything you're complaining about?

this is just my way of saying PLEASE FIX THIS TEAM!

However I would encourage each of you to add you statements on WHAT needs to be done to fix this team!

DorfdadDorfdadForum Veteran
Oct 24, 2010, 04:40 PM

"305TillIDie wrote:

mr. Ross doesn't give a damn about this football team. As long as he's making a club in the stadium, and having a orange carpet and celebs down here, he's good to go. :up:

My Biggest scare..

Joe RobbieJoe RobbieNew Member
Oct 24, 2010, 04:42 PM

... And please don't ask us locals to help pay for stadium renovations. That would be like spraying paint and perfume on a turd anyway...



adamprez2003adamprez2003Forum Veteran
Oct 24, 2010, 04:52 PM

Dear Mr Ross,

Please stay the course. Do not listen to impatient fans who believe we should be winning a Super Bowl this year. We are improving and so long as you don't panic and stay the course with the foundation that has been put together you will be getting a Super Bowl trophy sooner rather than later

p.s and make sure the refs who officiated the pittsburgh game never officiate again



2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock

Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"

gilv13gilv13Forum Veteran
Oct 24, 2010, 04:59 PM

yes lets have an owner get in the middle of putting a football team together. Teams like Washington, Oakland, and Dallas are always competing season after season because the owner takes charge. The OP has a good point.

KillerphinsKillerphinsNew Member
Oct 24, 2010, 05:01 PM

Ross don't give a damn about us fans :up:

Joe RobbieJoe RobbieNew Member
Oct 24, 2010, 05:02 PM

"adamprez2003 wrote:

Dear Mr Ross,

Please stay the course. Do not listen to impatient fans who believe we should be winning a Super Bowl this year. We are improving and so long as you don't panic and stay the course with the foundation that has been put together you will be getting a Super Bowl trophy sooner rather than later

p.s and make sure the refs who officiated the pittsburgh game never officiate again

Mr Ross, this guy likely has been a fan for just a few years and hasn't been waiting for a Super Bowl as long as some of us. Plus he's from New York, so he might be a closet Jets fan. Don't listen to him. :pointlol: :tongue2:



adamprez2003adamprez2003Forum Veteran
Oct 24, 2010, 05:05 PM

"Joe Robbie wrote:

Mr Ross, this guy likely has been a fan for just a few years and hasn't been waiting for a Super Bowl as long as some of us. Plus he's from New York, so he might be a closet Jets fan. Don't listen to him. :pointlol: :tongue2:

more of a fan than you. ive seen both superbowl victories have you? bunch of emo fans



2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock

Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"

JWjw3102Forum Veteran
Oct 24, 2010, 05:43 PM

I have been a fan of the Dolphins since the teams inception in 1966. I was there when Joe Auer returned the opening kick off of the first Dolphins home game in their history. I was there during the years before Shula and during all the years Shula
brought real and exciting NFL football to this town. While I certainly don't expect another perfect season from the Dolphins like I experienced with so many other Dolphin fans in 1972.I would at least expect after all the down years since Shula was let go that the Dolphins would at least be competitive in their own division. Unfortunately I see nothing but an average team on the field. Yes, they got a rotten call by the refs today but the fact is that when you have to settle for five field goals instead of at least a few touchdowns when the team spends all day in the opponents red zone. You don't deserve to win the game. I don't care that it was the Steelers. If this team is the Super Bowl contender the owner said they were before the season. They should be able to score more than one TD considering how often they were close to the Steelers goal line. I have been a season ticket holder for over 40 years. Today for the first time in over 20 years I was not able to attend the game because of a health issue. I watched the game at home instead and I had the same sick feeling today I had after the Dolphins previous two home games and the feeling I have had far to often in the last decade watching the Dolphins play. It appears Ross is far more interested in bringing in high profile limited partners and creating a party atmosphere in parts of the stadium then he is in putting a high quality product on the field. While I missed the fans at the stadium today and the excitement of seeing the action live and close up. I realized that whether I was at the game or not today. The Dolphins still figured out a way to lose another game at home. I also realized that I pay a lot of money each year to purchase season tickets for my wife, my daughter, my son-in-law and myself. All this money seems to have given me over the last several years is a lighter wallet and little enjoyment. If things don't improve drastically with this team over the course of this season or Ross hires someone like Bill Cowher for next season.I will have to think long and hard before I fork out the money for 4 season tickets next year. If I had to make the decision today. There would be at least two empty seats where my wife and I sit now. I will continue to buy season tickets for my daughter and her husband because this is their Christmas present each year and they are both diehard Dolphin fans. They are both young enough to hopefully see the Dolphins once again become a championship contending team. As for my wife and me. We certainly aren't getting any younger and each Dolphin season is merely another season of disappointment for us. I certainly hope that they can turn it around and become legitimate contenders before I am too old to enjoy it or possibly
six feet under.

BlameItOnTheHenneBlameItOnTheHenneForum Veteran
Oct 24, 2010, 05:45 PM

There's no way I'm reading all of that ^^^^

I'm too pissed off

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Oct 24, 2010, 05:47 PM

Never-mind the structure. Run-on sentences are just hard to read.

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Oct 24, 2010, 06:43 PM

"BlameItOnTheHenne wrote:

There's no way I'm reading all of that ^^^^

I'm too pissed off

dont, you'll get even more depressed...lol

DolfanJakeDolfanJakeNew Member
Oct 24, 2010, 07:17 PM

"Dorfdad wrote:

Mr. Ross

I am going to keep this short. Some of the fans here are going to disagree with me 100% and that's fine. I don't have a dolphins logo stuck up my ass and I am loyal fan who is tired of the mediocrity this team represents.

Some would say Today's game against Pittsburgh isn't the time to write this email however I feel it's perfectly fitting.

You are asking fans to pay premium prices for HOME games you know they ones you have not won yet this season. Well consider the way your team is playing Im not willing to spend money on your team.

Your coaches are not up to the challenge of what you expect. Tony Sparano plays way to conservative and scared to win a big game! 4th and 1 on the 50 what would the JETS or New England your hated division rivals do? Punt or Establish that they can get half a yard?

Well you coach plays scared. Your special teams once again gave up a Major back breaking play in the fourth when they needed to stand tall.

Mr. Ross far be it from me from telling you how to run your team, but do me a favor don't ask me to financially support this "inconsistent" team.

You had the option to fix the secondary all off-season but decided we didnt need it. YOU HAD OPTIONS!!! but choose not to.

Your Franchise QB choked AGAIN! When the game counts he plays his worst. Your Offensive Coordinator is pathetic.. The League has passed him by he may have been great 20 years ago but in 2010 he is not what we need.

I could really go on and on about MY concerns, but like I said many here will disagree call me stupid say I don't know football that it takes 30 years to build a team and we need to be patient.

I'm Sorry MR. Ross I'm not willing to wait again when year after year OTHER teams - Division Teams make the RIGHT moves year after year while we make one or two moves and neglect MAJOR holes.

To my Dolphins Fan's I know you might disagree but thats ok. I want the Dolphins to win just as much as you. I bitch to ease my pain while you refrain from speaking. Thats fine but you all HAVE to agree now that something needs to be done. I take ZERO salience in moral victories.

In Short Mr. Ross Please clean this mess up. If it means Ronnie Brow is gone so be it, if it means the Front Office changes do it, if it means we draft a PREMIER QB in round one than DO IT! Whatever it takes just do it!

We want this team to STOP being the benchmark for other teams accolades. We want to feel the team is respected in the Media, and around the league and right now this team just ins't anything but AVERAGE!

The season needs to play out I understand

Just to make it worse, they actually have lost 5 home games in a row......it makes it even harder to expect fans to be overly enthusiastic.

The home of The English Rugby Club - http://www.rfu.com/

DolfanJakeDolfanJakeNew Member
Oct 24, 2010, 07:19 PM

"Joe Robbie wrote:

... And please don't ask us locals to help pay for stadium renovations. That would be like spraying paint and perfume on a turd anyway...

He should be paying his fair share of county property taxes if he wants us to help him fix up his stadium ! The Dolphins lease 160 acres a year for $ 1 !!!!!!

The home of The English Rugby Club - http://www.rfu.com/

cowboy82ndcowboy82ndNew Member
Oct 24, 2010, 08:41 PM

In Short Mr. Ross Please clean this mess up. If it means Ronnie Brow is gone so be it, if it means the Front Office changes do it, if it means we draft a PREMIER QB in round one than DO IT! Whatever it takes just do it!

Really? You want him to hire his buddy Carl Peterson? Are you serious?

Joe RobbieJoe RobbieNew Member
Oct 24, 2010, 08:54 PM

"adamprez2003 wrote:

more of a fan than you. ive seen both superbowl victories have you? bunch of emo fans

I'm not an emo fan, they're all conformists...



OzzyOzzyLuxury Box
Oct 30, 2010, 06:16 PM

"Joe Robbie wrote:

... And please don't ask us locals to help pay for stadium renovations. That would be like spraying paint and perfume on a turd anyway...

Did you just call the stadium you built a turd?

lol

http://images.thephins.com/signaturepics/sigpic83_3.gif

firedanfiredanForum Veteran
Nov 13, 2010, 08:05 AM

He should be paying his fair share of county property taxes if he wants us to help him fix up his stadium
! The Dolphins lease 160 acres a year for $ 1 !!!!!!
Ross would just pass the cost to the fans.