Dolphins 6th Youngest Team in NFL

12 replies

sergiomiguel2sergiomiguel2New MemberOP
Feb 22, 2010, 03:27 PM

Age Rank NFL Team Average Age
1 Redskins 28.02
2 Saints 27.99
3 Cardinals 27.74
3 Patriots 27.74
5 Lions 27.62
6 49ers 27.51
7 Steelers 27.50
8 Vikings 27.48
9 Seahawks 27.41
10 Falcons 27.39
11 Titans 27.29
12 Browns 27.18
13 Jets 27.16
13 Broncos 27.16
15 Bears 27.02
16 Cowboys 26.93
17 Bills 26.93
18 Chargers 26.93
19 Texans 26.89
20 Giants 26.88
21 Ravens 26.83
22 Raiders 26.82
23 Eagles 26.81
24 Rams 26.73
25 Jaguars 26.61
26 Bengals 26.60
27 Dolphins 26.47
28 Bucs 26.46
29 Panthers 26.39
30 Chiefs 26.36
31 Colts 26.34
32 Packers 26.16
Posted by ESPN.com's Mike Sando

Dolphins are 6th...and that is a good sign
I know the age difference between top and bottom doesnt seem like much but u should know, ever year in the NFL counts...

sergiomiguel2sergiomiguel2New Member
Feb 22, 2010, 03:30 PM

oh yea...and thats counting Joey Porter, Jason Taylor, Chad Pennington, Jason Ferguson, and David Martin

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Feb 22, 2010, 04:37 PM

Dnardo?, would it be suffice to say that with porter gone, and ferguson not coming back, that we become the youngest.?

PhinsRockPhinsRockLuxury Box
Feb 22, 2010, 05:04 PM

Porter, Penny and Ferguson are all likely gone, though I hope Pennny stays in a backup role. So we could easily get WAY younger this offseason. And I hope JT stays to give us some veteran leadership. If you can platoon & rest him, JT should still produce for us, and he can teach Wake among others a LOT.

2011 & 2006 World Champions, 2013 National League Champions; St. Louis Cardinals!

Feb 22, 2010, 05:24 PM

and we will get younger in all likelihood.

MonstBlitz;2232016 wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me if he is retained. Jeff Ireland is the nightmare that won't end. The **** stain you cannot flush. The Herpes for which there is no cure.

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Feb 22, 2010, 05:32 PM

"djphinfan wrote:

Dnardo?, would it be suffice to say that with porter gone, and ferguson not coming back, that we become the youngest.?

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

the 23rdthe 23rdNew Member
Feb 22, 2010, 06:29 PM

wewilldominate4adecade

- Competition is the Elixir of Success -

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
Feb 22, 2010, 06:32 PM

Colts are second?!?!??!?!

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

ANAnonymousSupporter
Feb 22, 2010, 06:54 PM

"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:

Colts are second?!?!??!?!

And the Saints are the second oldest.

dolfan7171dolfan7171New Member
Feb 22, 2010, 07:14 PM

"djphinfan wrote:

Dnardo?, would it be suffice to say that with porter gone, and ferguson not coming back, that we become the youngest.?

I think it is suffice to say that. I agree with you there. :up:

Win, Lose, or Tie, I will be a Dolphins Fan Until I Die:up:

DisnardoDisnardoSupporter
Feb 22, 2010, 07:42 PM

"djphinfan wrote:

Dnardo?, would it be suffice to say that with porter gone, and ferguson not coming back, that we become the youngest.?

DJ, according to pro-football-reference.com, the team would be approximately 25.6 years old on average. Basically the youngest in the group, with JP and JF out of the equation...

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/mia/2009_roster.htm

Your are right again...:up:

Nardo
"I'm Drinking the Koolaid, Would You Care to Join Me"???

Thanks to CrunchTime for the Awesome Banner

The 2016 Miami Dolphins- "The Answer to the Thill Experiment."

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.- Mark Twain.

padre31padre31Luxury Box
Feb 22, 2010, 07:49 PM

"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:

Colts are second?!?!??!?!

Bill Polian is a evil football genius DFD, seriously, wait until some of the CFL talent he has stockpiled hits the field, only Jeff Ireland has been more aggressive at mining the CFL and still Polian probably got better athletes than Ireland did, John Chick and Sam Giguere could start in 2010 for the lower third of the teams in the league.

Ireland's house cleaning moves into yr 3, 6th youngest will move to maybe 3rd youngest.

At this point Ted Ginn is a grizzled Vet.

LandShark13LandShark13New Member
Feb 22, 2010, 09:00 PM

Each year since the disaster in 2007 we have gotten younger and with 9 draft picks I expect us to get even younger next year. If anyone is interested here are the numbers I was able to come up with.

Year|Average Age|Difference
2007|28.2|0.0
2008|27.5|0.7
2009|26.4|1.1