Dolphins contact Rex Ryan

20 replies

FinSaneFinSaneForum VeteranOP
Jan 3, 2008, 05:40 PM
VanDolPhanVanDolPhanSupporter
Jan 3, 2008, 05:41 PM

Question?

How do you get "permission" to interview an unemployed guy?

Does his wife have him by the cajoles or something?

FinSaneFinSaneForum Veteran
Jan 3, 2008, 05:43 PM

Maybe Parcells gave Ireland permission?

MImiami234everNew Member
Jan 3, 2008, 05:44 PM

I hope it's to be defensive coordinator. I love R.R. but I don't think I would like him as HC.

#1dolphinsfan#1dolphinsfanNew Member
Jan 3, 2008, 05:51 PM

i have been saying this for the last couple day i hope we get him i dont think OC make good HC but DC make Better HC then OC

ChambersWIChambersWINew Member
Jan 3, 2008, 05:55 PM

I dunno about a HC, but we'd have a pretty badass defense with the 46 scheme

"I believe that I am ready to take on this challenge and move on to the next level. Though I will be catching passes in another city starting next fall, I will always be a Michigan man."- Adrian Arrington

CACarabinieri44New Member
Jan 3, 2008, 05:55 PM

im sure its DC, now that Capers is gone. why would u be interested in Sparano, have no DC, and hire Ryan as a HC???

CACarabinieri44New Member
Jan 3, 2008, 05:56 PM

"ChambersWI wrote:

I dunno about a HC, but we'd have a pretty badass defense with the 46 scheme

what exactly is the 46?? i see it in Madden 2008 but i cant figure it out. i once thought it was 4 DL, 6 LBs. but that sorta scheme would get crushed by a high powered passing offense.

Georgia FinGeorgia FinForum Veteran
Jan 3, 2008, 05:56 PM

"VanDolPhan wrote:

Question?

How do you get "permission" to interview an unemployed guy?

Does his wife have him by the cajoles or something?

I was wondering the very same thing? The plot thickens...

It's the gift that keeps on giving.

Phins28Phins28Forum Veteran
Jan 3, 2008, 05:58 PM

"Carabinieri44 wrote:

what exactly is the 46?? i see it in Madden 2008 but i cant figure it out. i once thought it was 4 DL, 6 LBs. but that sorta scheme would get crushed by a high powered passing offense.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/46_defense

CACarabinieri44New Member
Jan 3, 2008, 06:02 PM

oooooooh. me like

IdahophinIdahophinSupporter
Jan 3, 2008, 06:04 PM

"miami234ever wrote:

I hope it's to be defensive coordinator. I love R.R. but I don't think I would like him as HC.

I agree with you. I would love to have Rex Ryan here as the DC. I wondered why the Raiders let him go?

ChambersWIChambersWINew Member
Jan 3, 2008, 06:06 PM

"Idahophin wrote:

I agree with you. I would love to have Rex Ryan here as the DC. I wondered why the Raiders let him go?

that's Rob Ryan, Rex is from the Ravens

"I believe that I am ready to take on this challenge and move on to the next level. Though I will be catching passes in another city starting next fall, I will always be a Michigan man."- Adrian Arrington

JOjonanthansNew Member
Jan 3, 2008, 06:11 PM

"Carabinieri44 wrote:

what exactly is the 46?? i see it in Madden 2008 but i cant figure it out. i once thought it was 4 DL, 6 LBs. but that sorta scheme would get crushed by a high powered passing offense.

That is a defense you do not want to see Miami use, lol. If the Wr's get past the bump by the DB on the line of scrimmage, they are WIDE OPEN. Only have 1 Safety deep. You give up a lot of big plays. Tom Brady would put up 70 on us if we ran a 46 defense.

Bonedoc7777Bonedoc7777New Member
Jan 3, 2008, 06:15 PM

they are going to run the 3-4,

"I want to buy the groceries" Bill Parcells

ChambersWIChambersWINew Member
Jan 3, 2008, 06:19 PM

"jonanthans wrote:

That is a defense you do not want to see Miami use, lol. If the Wr's get past the bump by the DB on the line of scrimmage, they are WIDE OPEN. Only have 1 Safety deep. You give up a lot of big plays. Tom Brady would put up 70 on us if we ran a 46 defense.

but they have really good blitz packages and it's a very hard defense to plan against

"I believe that I am ready to take on this challenge and move on to the next level. Though I will be catching passes in another city starting next fall, I will always be a Michigan man."- Adrian Arrington

MImiami234everNew Member
Jan 3, 2008, 08:22 PM

"jonanthans wrote:

That is a defense you do not want to see Miami use, lol. If the Wr's get past the bump by the DB on the line of scrimmage, they are WIDE OPEN. Only have 1 Safety deep. You give up a lot of big plays. Tom Brady would put up 70 on us if we ran a 46 defense.

Tom Brady only put up 31 on the Ravens this year.

DADannyNew Member
Jan 3, 2008, 09:59 PM

"VanDolPhan wrote:

Question?

How do you get "permission" to interview an unemployed guy?

Does his wife have him by the cajoles or something?

Is not cajoles....is cojones

Ozzy rules!!

texanphinatictexanphinaticForum Veteran
Jan 3, 2008, 10:20 PM

You need a really good secondary and pass rush to pull that defense off. Still, the guy does have good stuff. I wouldnt mind seeing him as the DC really if he could reign it in a little. I do wonder why the Ravens fired him, would have thought he would be a natural candidate to replace BB the Lesser.

MAMarinoForPresNew Member
Jan 3, 2008, 10:29 PM

if we had a shutdown corner and a better coverage safety than yeah i love this d for us but for now i like the 4-3 i only want rex as a dc also.

PhinFanticPhinFanticNew Member
Jan 3, 2008, 10:36 PM

It's funny because I remember that Leslie Frazier #21 played CB for the bears in 1985 when they went on to wint the Superbowl.

You need the right personnel in to run that successfully or draft the players to do so. It will be interesting if Rex Ryan were hired.