Dolphins Focused On What Lies Ahead; Team Waives Dotson; Other Notes

30 repliesLocked

ATVZ400ATVZ400New MemberOP
Oct 6, 2010, 08:47 PM

Dolphins Focused On What Lies Ahead; Team Waives Dotson; Other Notes
http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/dolphins-focused-what-lies-ahead-other-notes

Rookie linebacker Koa Misi described the mood of the team as positive after Sparano told the players not to worry about the past and to focus on the future. The defense held the Patriots to no touchdowns in the first half and only one true touchdown drive that wasn’t set up by a turnover or a blocked punt.

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Oct 7, 2010, 02:14 AM

this is nice...

dont mope, dont be sad, just get off your ass, and get better.

FIFinFan316New Member
Oct 7, 2010, 02:34 AM

I'm glad their feeling all good about themselves. Thats nice to know.

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Oct 7, 2010, 02:39 AM

"FinFan316 wrote:

I'm glad their feeling all good about themselves. Thats nice to know.

Why do I get the feeling that if we beat the Packers and at least put up a tough fight against the Steelers, you’re going to book a hotel reservation in Dallas and pretend you never wrote that?

Exactly what the hell do you think the players should be feeling? Depressed? Emo? Whiny? Should they just forfeit the rest of the schedule?

Give me a break.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

gafinfangafinfanSupporter
Oct 7, 2010, 07:20 AM

"FinFan316 wrote:

I'm glad their feeling all good about themselves. Thats nice to know.

"Desides wrote:

Why do I get the feeling that if we beat the Packers and at least put up a tough fight against the Steelers, you’re going to book a hotel reservation in Dallas and pretend you never wrote that?

Exactly what the hell do you think the players should be feeling? Depressed? Emo? Whiny? Should they just forfeit the rest of the schedule?

Give me a break.

And the hits just keep on coming!

Sorry guys, I just had to do it!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol:


This is the only thing I’ve learned: There’s only us. There’s no them. Despots and authoritarians need to make a “them” to have a straw man whom you are against. If you need to make an enemy of “them,” you’ve lost the spirit of us. - Ken Burns of PBS

FIFinFan316New Member
Oct 7, 2010, 07:33 AM

"Desides wrote:

Why do I get the feeling that if we beat the Packers and at least put up a tough fight against the Steelers, you’re going to book a hotel reservation in Dallas and pretend you never wrote that?

Exactly what the hell do you think the players should be feeling? Depressed? Emo? Whiny? Should they just forfeit the rest of the schedule?

Give me a break.


LOL...you dont know me very well. If we beat the Packers and lose to the Steelers, I will say we are what I thought we might be...a .500 team. Not horrible, but hardly elite. But right now, I'd bet against us even beating the Packers. I have lost all faith in this team winning more than 6-7 games this year.

There will be no credit from me for "putting up tough fights"....and losing.

I can assure you I wont book a hotel in Dallas. I will be in Hotel Baghdad until December and Dallas will be full of teams going to the SB. I dont think the Fins have to even worry themselves with that.

I am interested to see how the fans in Miami react to the teams recent performances...And moreso how Mr Ross reacts to spending so much money in the offseason for THIS!

But we'll see. This is why they play the games.

RGFRGFSupporter
Oct 7, 2010, 07:43 AM

"Desides wrote:

Why do I get the feeling that if we beat the Packers and at least put up a tough fight against the Steelers, you’re going to book a hotel reservation in Dallas and pretend you never wrote that?

Exactly what the hell do you think the players should be feeling? Depressed? Emo? Whiny? Should they just forfeit the rest of the schedule?

Give me a break.

You forgot the most important one. How about ACCOUNTABLE !

FIFinFan316New Member
Oct 7, 2010, 11:46 AM

"RGF wrote:

You forgot the most important one. How about ACCOUNTABLE !


No no no....we shouldnt hold them accountable. C'mon man. Its fans like us who are the problem. :wink2:

RGFRGFSupporter
Oct 7, 2010, 11:55 AM

"FinFan316 wrote:

No no no....we shouldnt hold them accountable. C'mon man. Its fans like us who are the problem. :wink2:

I hear ya... For some reason its fans like us, who dont put much stock in " moral victories" ,that are being labled unreasonable. I dont understand it. Just because we tell it like we see it doesnt mean we`re any less of a die hard fan.

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Oct 7, 2010, 12:04 PM

"RGF wrote:

You forgot the most important one. How about ACCOUNTABLE !

John Bonamego was fired 12 hours after the game. That’s about as accountable as you can get. If you’re expecting major player turnover, you’re going to be disappointed.

I much prefer the players’ attitude to this forum’s.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

schmoliootschmoliootSupporter
Oct 7, 2010, 12:06 PM

"Desides wrote:

John Bonamego was fired 12 hours after the game. That’s about as accountable as you can get. If you’re expecting major player turnover, you’re going to be disappointed.

I much prefer the players’ attitude to this forum’s.

Their attitude is fine, I just have my doubts that it's going to make any difference on the field.

This from the same team that gave up 31 points to the Jets and had a punt blocked after the "best three days of practice since I've been here" (Sparano quote)

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Oct 7, 2010, 12:10 PM

"schmolioot wrote:

Their attitude is fine, I just have my doubts that it's going to make any difference on the field.

Then what does it matter?

This from the same team that gave up 31 points to the Jets and had a punt blocked after the "best three days of practice since I've been here" (Sparano quote)

If you’re going to mock Sparano, you could at least get his lines right. He said that the Friday practice before the game was the best Friday practice the team has had under him. That’s it. He didn’t say the entire week’s practices were the best he’s ever had here, nor did he say that Friday practice was the best practice ever. Just that out of all the Friday practices, that one was the best.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

schmoliootschmoliootSupporter
Oct 7, 2010, 12:13 PM

"Desides wrote:

Then what does it matter?

If you’re going to mock Sparano, you could at least get his lines right. He said that the Friday practice before the game was the best Friday practice the team has had under him. That’s it. He didn’t say the entire week’s practices were the best he’s ever had here, nor did he say that Friday practice was the best practice ever. Just that out of all the Friday practices, that one was the best.

Your attitude doesn't matter if you don't have the talent/experience to back it up. I'm sure John Beck had a great attitude, it didn't help him perform.

Fair enough on the sparano quote. Although the result is similarly bad.

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Oct 7, 2010, 12:15 PM

"schmolioot wrote:

Your attitude doesn't matter if you don't have the talent/experience to back it up. I'm sure John Beck had a great attitude, it didn't help him perform.

No one’s saying otherwise because that isn’t the point here.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

RGFRGFSupporter
Oct 7, 2010, 12:23 PM

"Desides wrote:

John Bonamego was fired 12 hours after the game. That’s about as accountable as you can get. If you’re expecting major player turnover, you’re going to be disappointed.

I much prefer the players’ attitude to this forum’s.

You TOTALLY lost track here. How does the firing of the S/T coach reflect how the players feel about themselves after this loss.? Bonamego was held accountable, thank god for that, but the players shouldnt exactly be patting themseves on the back here either. And,who ever said a "major player turnover" was warrented?

SESeanPSupporter
Oct 7, 2010, 12:28 PM

"RGF wrote:

You TOTALLY lost track here. How does the firing of the S/T coach reflect how the players feel about themselves after this loss.? Bonamego was held accountable, thank god for that, but the players shouldnt exactly be patting themseves on the back here either. And,who ever said a "major player turnover" was warrented?

Where do you see anything about anyone patting themselves on the back? They're saying move on. You can sit here and dwell on the loss, but is that what you want the players to do? Maybe they should all be starved for a week as punishment.

Or MAYBE, they should just get over it, and try to produce a better product on the field next time...

PariahPariahNew Member
Oct 7, 2010, 12:32 PM

"RGF wrote:

How does the firing of the S/T coach reflect how the players feel about themselves after this loss.? Bonamego was held accountable, thank god for that, but the players shouldnt exactly be patting themseves on the back here either.

Show me one quote where a Dolphins player is patting himself on the back from the last week and I will give you a cookie...

RGFRGFSupporter
Oct 7, 2010, 12:33 PM

"SeanP wrote:

Where do you see anything about anyone patting themselves on the back? They're saying move on. You can sit here and dwell on the loss, but is that what you want the players to do? Maybe they should all be starved for a week as punishment.

Or MAYBE, they should just get over it, and try to produce a better product on the field next time...

The point I was making was just beacuse the S/T coach was fired doesnt mean the players themselves should get a pass on their actual performance. I dont give a rats ass how good their attudes are. GET ON THE FIELD AND PERFORM.

PariahPariahNew Member
Oct 7, 2010, 12:34 PM

"RGF wrote:

The point I was making was just beacuse the S/T coach was fired doesnt mean the players themselves should get a pass on their actual performance. I dont give a rats ass how good their attudes are. GET ON THE FIELD AND PERFORM.

And again, show me one quote where a player is giving himself a "pass" and I will give you a cookie.

RGFRGFSupporter
Oct 7, 2010, 12:35 PM

"Pariah wrote:

Show me one quote where a Dolphins player is patting himself on the back from the last week and I will give you a cookie...

I dont generally like cookies. OK fine, they werent actually patting themselves on the back. But I dont care to hear about their happy attitudes either.

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Oct 7, 2010, 12:37 PM

"RGF wrote:

But I dont care to hear about their happy attitudes either.

In this instance, a positive attitude does not imply a happy attitude. The players think they can get the season back on track. Just because you’re holding a funeral for the 2010 season doesn’t mean they are. That’s all.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

RGFRGFSupporter
Oct 7, 2010, 12:38 PM

"Desides wrote:

No, actually, I haven’t. Re-read the thread for comprehension.

Can you explain to me how the firing of the S/T coach means the PLAYERS are holding THEMSELVES accountable? Again, you lost track.

PariahPariahNew Member
Oct 7, 2010, 12:41 PM

I am not happy about the losses, but dudes, seriously, what in the good Lord's name do you expect?

Players/Coaches to pull a Rex Ryan and start crying? Do you want them to spank each other in front of the press? denounce anything positive and demean each other?

Or better yet tell everyone they suck, that there is no hope, and they are all average players?

Do you know anything about football? If you walk on a field thinking anything but you are the best (even when you aren't) you could get your head taken off.

I am sure our guys in Afghanistan are telling each other that they are average fighters and wallowing in self pity because the war isn't going how we planned.

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Oct 7, 2010, 12:43 PM

"RGF wrote:

Can you explain to me how the firing of the S/T coach means the PLAYERS are holding THEMSELVES accountable? Again, you lost track.

The point of accountability was never about the players only, it was about the team.

Again: the special teams coach was fired 12 hours after the season. How is that not accountability? What are you expecting, for the team to cut EVERYONE on the special teams unit and magically find 11 free agents off the street who are better? That’s the only realistic scenario your complaints lead to.

For example. You want to cut Lex Hilliard for his failures Monday night? Name a free agent running back who not only plays special teams, but is better on them. Let me finish that for you: there isn’t one. Larry Johnson will leave the room if you ask him to play special teams.

You’re doing the emotional equivalent of locking yourself in the bathroom and the logical equivalent of throwing the chess board against the wall when you’re losing.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

PariahPariahNew Member
Oct 7, 2010, 12:43 PM

"RGF wrote:

I dont generally like cookies. OK fine, they werent actually patting themselves on the back. But I dont care to hear about their happy attitudes either.

Then don't read articles about football teams, because you won't read anything different 99% of the time.

And it's positive, not happy - two different words with two very different meanings.

This thread is locked.