Dolphins hosting J.K. Dobbins for pre-draft visit

20 replies

DOLFANMIKEDOLFANMIKELuxury BoxOP
Mar 13, 2020, 12:48 PM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001106111/article/dolphins-hosting-jk-dobbins-for-predraft-visit

One of my favorite players in this draft. I love everything about the player and person!
Dobbins, ranked 40th among Daniel Jeremiah's top 50 prospects and the No. 4 running back, is a 5-foot-10, 217-pound production machine out of the backfield. In three seasons with the Buckeyes, he churned out 4,459 yards rushing with an impressive 6.2 yards per carry, eclipsing the 1,000-yard barrier each season.

His junior campaign saw him run for 2,003 yards and 21 scores.


1972: THE ONLY PERFECT SEASON

WELCOME TO MIAMI:
WR J. Waddle
EDGE J. Phillips

DOLFANMIKEDOLFANMIKELuxury Box
Mar 13, 2020, 05:54 PM

BTW - I don't talk personalities all the time, but boy would I love to get some great personalities like Tua, Dobbins, etc on our roster. Those guys work to win and fight the good fight every week.


1972: THE ONLY PERFECT SEASON

WELCOME TO MIAMI:
WR J. Waddle
EDGE J. Phillips

texanphinatictexanphinaticForum Veteran
Mar 13, 2020, 07:44 PM

Assuming that the draft still goes on, it will be interesting to see if Dobbins' choice to not work at the combine hurts him. I was seeing him mocked potentially as a first rounder, now I often see him in the late second/third. Getting him with our second 2nd would be a great value imo. Pair him with a vet and a UDFA, add to the OLine and suddenly we have an offense looking interesting, especially with a decent QB prospect behind Fitz.

DOLFANMIKEDOLFANMIKELuxury Box
Mar 13, 2020, 08:10 PM

Dobbins and Deon Lewis would be quite the pair


1972: THE ONLY PERFECT SEASON

WELCOME TO MIAMI:
WR J. Waddle
EDGE J. Phillips

ETEtrius24Forum Veteran
Mar 14, 2020, 05:14 AM

AJ Dillon was the Back I was hoping for but this kid is legit

FIFishheadForum Veteran
Mar 15, 2020, 01:33 PM

Would love to see the Fins grab him in the second round. While RB isn’t the offensive focal point that it once was, you certainly can’t win with FitzMagic as your leading rusher.

Phin McCoolPhin McCoolForum Veteran
Mar 15, 2020, 02:20 PM

"DOLFANMIKE wrote:

Dobbins and Deon Lewis would be quite the pair

I'm not on board with Lewis but what about Dobbins and Gordon?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Mar 15, 2020, 04:07 PM

I would be down with either Dobbins or Swift in the second round at pick 56.

Puka-headPuka-headSupporter
Mar 16, 2020, 02:19 AM

"Unlucky 13 wrote:

I would be down with either Dobbins or Swift in the second round at pick 56.

Anything before that for a RB would be wasteful

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Mar 16, 2020, 07:54 AM

"Puka-head wrote:

Anything before that for a RB would be wasteful

There have been a number of RBs to come out in the last few years who I definately viewed as worthy of a first round pick. Gurley, Elliot, McCaffrey, Cook, Barkley, Michel, Chubb. But none of the guys in this year's group are anywhere near as good as any of those.

BucksFinsfanBucksFinsfanForum Veteran
Mar 17, 2020, 11:07 PM

"texanphinatic wrote:

Assuming that the draft still goes on, it will be interesting to see if Dobbins' choice to not work at the combine hurts him. I was seeing him mocked potentially as a first rounder, now I often see him in the late second/third. Getting him with our second 2nd would be a great value imo. Pair him with a vet and a UDFA, add to the OLine and suddenly we have an offense looking interesting, especially with a decent QB prospect behind Fitz.

No way he lasts past pick 40. Saw a new mock that had the Phins picking Okudah with the first pick, the QB from Utah State with their second and Dobbins with their 3rd all in the first round. That would be phenomenal in my book. They had them going Oline and Safety the next two rounds with some excellent value picks.

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Mar 17, 2020, 11:12 PM

"BucksFinsfan wrote:

No way he lasts past pick 40. Saw a new mock that had the Phins picking Okudah with the first pick, the QB from Utah State with their second and Dobbins with their 3rd all in the first round. That would be phenomenal in my book. They had them going Oline and Safety the next two rounds with some excellent value picks.

Well, I would think that Okudah at #5 is certainly out now.

BucksFinsfanBucksFinsfanForum Veteran
Mar 17, 2020, 11:18 PM

"Unlucky 13 wrote:

Well, I would think that Okudah at #5 is certainly out now.

I would say that you are likely correct, however, with the premium on great DB's adding Okudah (#1 in the draft) to Jones and Howard would be a talent pool back there that we haven't seen since Madison and Surtain.

ETEtrius24Forum Veteran
Mar 18, 2020, 01:41 AM

The only way we consider Okudah is if Howard is truly on the block and they are going to dump him

AGAGuyNamedAlexForum Veteran
Mar 18, 2020, 07:04 AM

"Unlucky 13 wrote:

There have been a number of RBs to come out in the last few years who I definately viewed as worthy of a first round pick. Gurley, Elliot, McCaffrey, Cook, Barkley, Michel, Chubb. But none of the guys in this year's group are anywhere near as good as any of those.

I agree that some backs are worth a first round pick.

Guys like Tomlinson and AP, regardless of how important you view the RB position, had the capability to carry an offense.

If you can get a stud HB in the first I think you do it. You get the back on a rookie deal, rather than FA where you will overpay for the production.

If you take an elite back in the first you are getting value for your dollar IMO.

I've always believed, in general, the first 2 yards are the line and after that, the individual skill of the back comes in. Along with finding the right hole of course.

BucksFinsfanBucksFinsfanForum Veteran
Mar 18, 2020, 09:27 PM

The only back better than JK Dobbins in Ohio State football history is Archie Griffin. Just think about that seriously for a minute.

If Dobbins came back his Senior season he'd pass Griffin for all-time yards and already has the single season best. The kid is super under-rated and someone is going to be ecstatic that they get him on draft day. He's an excellent person as well so that never hurts

Vertical LimitVertical LimitForum Veteran
Mar 18, 2020, 09:43 PM

Im down with Dobbins he was the entire Ohio State offense last season. Did it all and csrried that mediocre quarterback.

BucksFinsfanBucksFinsfanForum Veteran
Mar 18, 2020, 09:45 PM

"Vertical Limit wrote:

Im down with Dobbins he was the entire Ohio State offense last season. Did it all and csrried that mediocre quarterback.

Definitely the backbone and he'll be sorely missed in Columbus. I think Fields will make a huge leap this season now that he has a season under his belt.

Fin-OFin-OForum Veteran
Apr 7, 2020, 01:38 PM

"BucksFinsfan wrote:

The only back better than JK Dobbins in Ohio State football history is Archie Griffin. Just think about that seriously for a minute.

If Dobbins came back his Senior season he'd pass Griffin for all-time yards and already has the single season best. The kid is super under-rated and someone is going to be ecstatic that they get him on draft day. He's an excellent person as well so that never hurts

Ehhh?

"The reason so many people misunderstand so many issues is not that these issues are so complex, but that the people do not want a factual or analytical explanation that leaves them emotionally unsatisfied"

Vertical LimitVertical LimitForum Veteran
Apr 7, 2020, 03:08 PM

Archie Griffin is the best ohio state running back of all time in my opinion.. but Dobbins being better than Zeke is not something I buy and I like Dobbins... Zeke’s buckeye numbers are very similar with way less touches in Ohio State..

You can argue Eddie George vs Dobbins but Eddie has a Heisman trophy even tho Dobbins has the statistics.

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Apr 7, 2020, 11:21 PM

"BucksFinsfan wrote:

The only back better than JK Dobbins in Ohio State football history is Archie Griffin. Just think about that seriously for a minute.

If Dobbins came back his Senior season he'd pass Griffin for all-time yards and already has the single season best. The kid is super under-rated and someone is going to be ecstatic that they get him on draft day. He's an excellent person as well so that never hurts

Best is highly subjective.

I think that Eddie George was better than Dobbins while at OSU, and he obviously had a terrific NFL career. People could also make the argument for Elliot, of course. I do certainly think that Dobbins is better than the other OSU backs I've watched, like Beanie Wells, Carols Hyde, Jonathan Wells, ect.