E3 2018
181 replies
Added this link to the first post. E3countdown.com shows a countdown timer to the next press conference.
"Not you." — Tywin Lannister
The official site of Cyberpunk 2077, including the trailer for the game and links to accounts to follow, if you desire. I'm excited.
https://gamerant.com/cyberpunk-2077-trailer-hidden-message/
The developer then goes on to answer some frequently asked questions about the game. First off, it encourages fans to be more patient as “quality is the only thing that drives us,” then it confirms that the game is “seriously big,” before suggesting that the game will have “nothing less” than what fans got with The Witcher 3 when it comes to DLC and expansions.
The developer even addresses the possibility of microtransactions, saying “in a single player game? Are you nuts?” The response comes as little surprise given that CD Projekt RED once criticized “greedy” developers that include microtransactions in their games, but fans who dislike the business model will still be glad about that answer.
Finally, the Cyberpunk 2077 team closes out the hidden message by thanking fans once again for their patience. The developer also encourages fans to share their views on the game so far because “we read everything you post” and “treat it very seriously.”
At this point, there is still plenty to be revealed about the game. For example, there is little information about the proposed multiplayer featuresand important aspects of the game world, including the nightclub and bar-based hubs and what players will be able to do in them, have also only been teased but not fully detailed. This is not entirely unexpected given that the game doesn’t yet have a release date but many will be hoping that the Cyberpunk 2077 developer feels inclined to share more at some point soon.
Amazon lists the game as being released on December 28th of this year.
https://gematsu.com/2018/06/assassins-creed-odyssey-screenshots-leaked
A number of screenshots for AC: Odyssey have leaked. The game looks a lot like AC: Origins, but that's to be expected. It looks like you still have an Eagle friend, clearly sailing will be a large part of the experience, and the hints that the text on the screens gives is very intriguing about what you'll be able to do within the game.
"Desides wrote:
All I'll say is that we desperately need NFL 2K to rise from the dead. Giving EA exclusive licenses is the worst possible decision.
I'd love to see another 2K football game -but there are a couple indie developers, each with a game coming to the Xbox One and PS4 consoles this year for $20-$30 each. They don't have an NFL license, but even the console versions will have some editing/customizing features.
First up, is Axis Football 2018:
http://axisleague.com/
The other is Maximum Football 2018:
http://www.sportsgamersonline.com/canuck-play-reveals-details-about-maximum-football-2018/
Both games look closer to PS2 and original Xbox era graphics, but I can live with that if they play a decent game of football. Even with average reviews/ratings this year, I think these games will improve by leaps and bounds as the developer teams grow/gain experience over the next several years.
A terrible play call, terribly executed.
2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)
22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU
"Stitches wrote:
That's terrific. I'm pumped that they've finally officially announced that they're working on ES6. They've been lying about it for a while now. I know that we won't see it until at least 2020, probably later, but its still good to be able to know its out there.
"Deus ex dolphin wrote:
I'd love to see another 2K football game -but there are a couple indie developers, each with a game coming to the Xbox One and PS4 consoles this year for $20-$30 each. They don't have an NFL license, but even the console versions will have some editing/customizing features.
First up, is Axis Football 2018:
http://axisleague.com/The other is Maximum Football 2018:
http://www.sportsgamersonline.com/canuck-play-reveals-details-about-maximum-football-2018/Both games look closer to PS2 and original Xbox era graphics, but I can live with that if they play a decent game of football. Even with average reviews/ratings this year, I think these games will improve by leaps and bounds as the developer teams grow/gain experience over the next several years.
My bet is both these companies are hoping to get bought out by EA to kill their game, like Back Breaker. Smart strategy that I'd consider to be honest. Show enough to be a threat, generate PR, profit.
Man, Bethesda really went all out. I'm excited to see what Starfield will be like.
"Tone_E wrote:
My bet is both these companies are hoping to get bought out by EA to kill their game, like Back Breaker. Smart strategy that I'd consider to be honest. Show enough to be a threat, generate PR, profit.
That effing sucks. Nothing like conspiring to screw over the customers who want better.
A good take on an issue that Bethesda might not gave considered. With Fallout 76 created for whatever reason to be online only, many of the gamers who live in West Virginia (my home state) where the game is set, will not be able to play due to the lack of broadband access.
"Here's a game set in places near where you live, where you might have visited. Too bad you'll never be allowed to play the game yourself!"
https://www.dualshockers.com/assassins-creed-odyssey-4k-screenshots/
Some more great screen shots of AC Osyssey, showing dialogue and romance options. I like that the inventory options seem a little larger this time.
https://www.dualshockers.com/assassins-creed-odyssey-revealed/
LEGENDARY SPARTAN HERO – Embark on your journey from outcast to legendary Spartan hero.
ANCIENT GREECE AWAITS – Explore an entire country full of unexpected encounters in untamed environments and bustling ancient cities.
CHOOSE YOUR PATH – Your choices shape the world around you. Play in a living world that constantly reacts to your every decision.
FIGHT EPIC BATTLES – Charge into epic clashes between Sparta and Athens in battles pitting 150v150 soldiers against each other.
SAIL THE AEGEAN SEA – Recruit crewmembers and customize your ship as you explore and battle your way on the open seas.
The game will be released on October 5th.
I'm not a fan of AC Odyssey thus far. I hate the voice acting (NORMALIZE THE VOLUME, WHY DOES EVERYONE SPEAK SO LOUDLY?) and they're really, really, really reaching to try to force a Wonder Woman type character in. I did like the hint at the end that we'd fight the Minotaur, though. That's friggin' awesome.
"Not you." — Tywin Lannister
It's 2018, you gotta have a heroine.
"Desides wrote:
I'm not a fan of AC Odyssey thus far. I hate the voice acting (NORMALIZE THE VOLUME, WHY DOES EVERYONE SPEAK SO LOUDLY?) and they're really, really, really reaching to try to force a Wonder Woman type character in. I did like the hint at the end that we'd fight the Minotaur, though. That's friggin' awesome.
I havent watched a trailer, just read up on it and looked at pics. Really like what I've seen. I liked playing with the female character in Syndicate a lot more than the guy, so I might roll with her in this one too.
"Not So Fast wrote:
Man, Bethesda really went all out. I'm excited to see what Starfield will be like.
I'm very curious, but I just read that the game "is intended for the next generation of consoles". So, 2021 or so?
I turn 41 this fall, maybe I'll play ES6 before I turn 50!
Looks awesome
2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)
22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU
Interesting.
"Unlucky 13 wrote:
I havent watched a trailer, just read up on it and looked at pics. Really like what I've seen. I liked playing with the female character in Syndicate a lot more than the guy, so I might roll with her in this one too.
You can't switch between them during the game. You choose one at the beginning and that's it, you're locked in for the rest of the game. There also appears to be multiple endings. So basically, "screw the canon." I've long suspected AC Origins is a soft reboot, and I think AC Odyssey just confirmed it for me.
Mainly what bugs me is that the series' writing has now gotten so mushy and ambiguous that the generic choose-your-protagonist-it's-still-the-same-game means that the series is no longer what I fell in love with while playing AC1 and AC2. We don't get character arcs anymore, we get avatars who spew feisty one liners and are then forgotten when it's time to move on to the next game.
I'm still going to play it, because I've wanted Ancient Greece as a setting for a while now. But the AC games are clearly no longer trying to be AC. They've outright said they've turned it into an RPG. This stuff is more like Witcher 3 than AC.
"Not you." — Tywin Lannister
"Tone_E wrote:
Interesting.
Kojima's been teasing this game for 3 years and the only gameplay we've seen is field traversal interspersed with needless cutscenes about toenails.
Death Stranding is going to bomb.
"Not you." — Tywin Lannister
"Desides wrote:
You can't switch between them during the game. You choose one at the beginning and that's it, you're locked in for the rest of the game. There also appears to be multiple endings. So basically, "screw the canon." I've long suspected AC Origins is a soft reboot, and I think AC Odyssey just confirmed it for me.
Mainly what bugs me is that the series' writing has now gotten so mushy and ambiguous that the generic choose-your-protagonist-it's-still-the-same-game means that the series is no longer what I fell in love with while playing AC1 and AC2. We don't get character arcs anymore, we get avatars who spew feisty one liners and are then forgotten when it's time to move on to the next game.
I'm still going to play it, because I've wanted Ancient Greece as a setting for a while now. But the AC games are clearly no longer trying to be AC. They've outright said they've turned it into an RPG. This stuff is more like Witcher 3 than AC.
I'm on board with many of your points. I wish that the series that you and I both started back in 2007 hadn't veered off course after the Enzio games. Its not continued the way that I wanted it to. However that being said, the type of game that Odyssey looks to be is very appealing on its own, and it and Origins will end up being the only two new non-sports or Lego games I'll playing over about a year's time, so I'm looking forward to the experience.
the Sony press conference was so badly managed. What's the point of a separate venue for TLoU2 ? The conference was 33 minutes in before the intermission was over and they started to roll the rest of the show. At least we got lots of game play trailers and not many awkward developer talks.
FO76 going online only seems to be the same thing Blizzard did with Diablo 3 to deter cheating and other 3rd party mods. Modding is such a huge thing for Fallout/Elder Scrolls and it looks like this is Bethesda's attempt at monetizing it. They already have all the infrastructure in place for people to "buy" mods and also content creators to get the mods onto the market place, now the final step is to force players to obtain mods the "official" way.