ESPN: Cincinnati Bengals At Green Bay Packers
66 replies
That game will be on tonight at 8 PM Eastern Time. I guess you can call this the official game thread.
Yes I am looking forward to seeing what Aaron Rodgers the savior can do and if the Packers are on the road to being the laughing stock of the NFL for years to come or if they will look like geniuses. :yes:
"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it." --Albert Einstein
Just curious, what do you think about Rodgers? How do you think he will pan out? I know you were a Favre supporter so I'm interested on your opinion of Rodgers.
"alen1 wrote:
Just curious, what do you think about Rodgers? How do you think he will pan out? I know you were a Favre supporter so I'm interested on your opinion of Rodgers.
Where did you ever get the idea I supported Favre. :wink2:
In all seriousness with Rodgers I am like everyone else...the jury is out. He could be the next big thing but he could also be the next big bust. He seems to have all the physical tools to do it but at 6' 2'' he is a little short. His real problem/victory lies in two things. The first is following up Favre; can you imagine the pressure that is on him now knowing that he has to be better not as good as but better than Favre for the fans to forget about Favre and accept him. Then he also has the pressure of knowing that the franchise has put all their hopes on him as well. So for a rookie QB (which he basically is) this guy has more pressure than anyone in the league and if he can't handle it he's done. The positive thing is that he plays in the NFC which will help him in his quest to out do Favre.
I don't like or dislike Rodgers as only time will reveal that to me. However Rodgers right now isn't as good as Favre. So that is where I get that Favre would still be my starter in GB. Really does anyone think that Rodgers can be as good as Favre arguably the best QB of all time, will lightning really strike twice; its highly doubtful but possible I guess.
My final verdict is a hung jury and I will watch Rodgers and go from there. I wish him well though.
Did you like that alen? :wink2:
"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it." --Albert Einstein
"sking29 wrote:
Where did you ever get the idea I supported Favre. :wink2:
In all seriousness with Rodgers I am like everyone else...the jury is out. He could be the next big thing but he could also be the next big bust. He seems to have all the physical tools to do it but at 6' 2'' he is a little short. His real problem/victory lies in two things. The first is following up Favre; can you imagine the pressure that is on him now knowing that he has to be better not as good as but better than Favre for the fans to forget about Favre and accept him. Then he also has the pressure of knowing that the franchise has put all their hopes on him as well. So for a rookie QB (which he basically is) this guy has more pressure than anyone in the league and if he can't handle it he's done. The positive thing is that he plays in the NFC which will help him in his quest to out do Favre.
I don't like or dislike Rodgers as only time will reveal that to me. However Rodgers right now isn't as good as Favre. So that is where I get that Favre would still be my starter in GB. Really does anyone think that Rodgers can be as good as Favre arguably the best QB of all time, will lightning really strike twice; its highly doubtful but possible I guess.
My final verdict is a hung jury and I will watch Rodgers and go from there. I wish him well though.
Did you like that alen? :wink2:
Yeah, I like all opinions as long as they're supported lol.
I think Rodgers will have trouble trying to impress the Green Bay fans because they are such a pain it seems. Rodgers can be a good Quarterback in my opinion, I thought he showed his talents in last years Thanksgiving Day's game against the Cowboys. I don't think the height will be a problem for him though.
I don't think he'll ever follow up in Favre's shoes but I think he will be a good Quarterback for Green Bay if he can withstand the pressure on the field and off the field.
"alen1 wrote:
Yeah, I like all opinions as long as they're supported lol.
I think Rodgers will have trouble trying to impress the Green Bay fans because they are such a pain it seems. Rodgers can be a good Quarterback in my opinion, I thought he showed his talents in last years Thanksgiving Day's game against the Cowboys. I don't think the height will be a problem for him though.
I don't think he'll ever follow up in Favre's shoes but I think he will be a good Quarterback for Green Bay if he can withstand the pressure on the field and off the field.
I agree with all of that. Once again a situation where a possible argument or an argument ends up in agreement. :wink2:
However I can't let you off that easy....you want to bring in Chris Henry are you mad. I understand the whole low risk high reward but he would basically be a waste of space for another WR as he will eventually probably get suspended for trouble with authorities. You can support Henry but not Favre tisk tisk tisk. :wink2:
"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it." --Albert Einstein
"sking29 wrote:
I agree with all of that. Once again a situation where a possible argument or an argument ends up in agreement. :wink2:
However I can't let you off that easy....you want to bring in Chris Henry are you mad. I understand the whole low risk high reward but he would basically be a waste of space for another WR as he will eventually probably get suspended for trouble with authorities. You can support Henry but not Favre tisk tisk tisk. :wink2:
Haha, I knew someone would get me for that. Henry makes this struggling core of receivers better. He's a big guy who can be that red zone target and can actually catch the ball. He's all ready suspended four games but one thing to point out in his long rap sheet is that he has not been convicted of any crimes. Give him a one-year deal with minimum salary. I think with the strong leadership that is here in Miami, they can help him shape up his character. If he refuses to, you just simply cut him and move on. :up:
Btw, I really like the Bengals all white uniforms.
"alen1 wrote:
Haha, I knew someone would get me for that. Henry makes this struggling core of receivers better. He's a big guy who can be that red zone target and can actually catch the ball. He's all ready suspended four games but one thing to point out in his long rap sheet is that he has not been convicted of any crimes. Give him a one-year deal with minimum salary. I think with the strong leadership that is here in Miami, they can help him shape up his character. If he refuses to, you just simply cut him and move on. :up:
Btw, I really like the Bengals all white uniforms.
I love arguing with you alen but you always get me to at least half-way agree in the end. :lol:
And yes those unis are nice and is it just me or is Tony Kornheiser really annoying. I mean next to Greg Gumble he is the worst sports caster I've heard with his bad jokes. I love Kornheiser on PTI but on Monday Night Football he annoys me.
"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it." --Albert Einstein
"sking29 wrote:
I love arguing with you alen but you always get me to at least half-way agree in the end. :lol:
And yes those unis are nice and is it just me or is Tony Kornheiser really annoying. I mean next to Greg Gumble he is the worst sports caster I've heard with his bad jokes. I love Kornheiser on PTI but on Monday Night Football he annoys me.
:lol: :woot:
I hate Kornheiser. I can't understand how he got that job. He doesn't know anything about football. Btw, I love hearing Jaworski talk. I could do without the accent he has or whatever it is but he's so intelligent.
Games starting! :woot:
:woot: they're cheering for Aaron.
Yeah I've got it on DVR to watch a little later. Glad the hear he is doing well though. Keep me updated though. :lol:
"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it." --Albert Einstein
My god, Donald Driver just trucked a Defensive Back lol. Another amazing play by James Jones. Touchdown Packers. Rodgers looks good out there.
"alen1 wrote:
My god, Donald Driver just trucked a Defensive Back lol. Another amazing play by James Jones. Touchdown Packers. Rodgers looks good out there.
How good...say rate him as another QB in the league.
"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it." --Albert Einstein
Ted Thompson looks like a psycho!!!! ESPN cut to the booth, and Ted is staring at the field like a madman. He seriously creeps me out.
"sking29 wrote:
How good...say rate him as another QB in the league.
better than anyone on the Dolphins.
"gi§h® wrote:
better than anyone on the Dolphins.
Well that's not hard to do. :lol:
BTW it is the preseason though remember that is the land of the likes of Bruce Gradkowski.
That being said I still hope the best for Rodgers but I know the preseason only shows about 50% of how good a player will actually be. We should know that from last preseason being 2-2 and finishing the season 1-15. So for me the jury will not be officially in until about a quarter of the way through the season on Rodgers. The preseason gives me a good gauge however.
"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it." --Albert Einstein
"sking29 wrote:
How good...say rate him as another QB in the league.
Ugh, I can't compare him to another QB lol. I'll say this though, he looked comfortable in the pocket, stepping up from pressure. He can be good on play action because he's got some mobility.
I didn't even know this was on tonight.
How did the first-string Packers offense look? I'm primarily concerned about Donald Driver.
"Not you." — Tywin Lannister
"Desides wrote:
I didn't even know this was on tonight.
How did the first-string Packers offense look? I'm primarily concerned about Donald Driver.
I'll just give you a quick summary of the first string offense.
Grant was absent tonight as well as Scott Wells, the starting Center. The offensive line looked good as they were opening up holes for Grant's replacement, Brandon Jackson. Jackson hit the whole hard and looked very good to me. Rodgers looked good out there, looked comfortable in the pocket. He made some nice deep throws and a few curls to Jones and Driver. Driver looked good tonight, was pumped for the game. He completely ran over a defensive back, I believe it was Marvin White. he caught some nice passes and looked like he usually does.
Any other questions lol?
"Desides wrote:
I didn't even know this was on tonight.
How did the first-string Packers offense look? I'm primarily concerned about Donald Driver.
They looked really good I thought, and that includes Driver.
2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)
22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU
"alen1 wrote:
Any other questions lol?
Yes; have they given Driver the looks and targets befitting a #1 WR? I really need to know his hierarchy in the GB offense. My chances of beating Aqua depend on it. :wink2:
"Not you." — Tywin Lannister
"sking29 wrote:
Well that's not hard to do. :lol:
BTW it is the preseason though remember that is the land of the likes of Bruce Gradkowski.
That being said I still hope the best for Rodgers but I know the preseason only shows about 50% of how good a player will actually be. We should know that from last preseason being 2-2 and finishing the season 1-15. So for me the jury will not be officially in until about a quarter of the way through the season on Rodgers. The preseason gives me a good gauge however.
:tantrum:
:pity:
2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)
22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU
"Desides wrote:
Yes; have they given Driver the looks and targets befitting a #1 WR? I really need to know his hierarchy in the GB offense. My chances of beating Aqua depend on it. :wink2:
Lol. Greg Jennings was out so it was hard to tell with him not being there. James Jones was in his place and got some nice catches in there. Rodgers did seem to look to Driver a lot without Jennings there.
"Desides wrote:
Yes; have they given Driver the looks and targets befitting a #1 WR? I really need to know his hierarchy in the GB offense. My chances of beating Aqua depend on it. :wink2:
How can you beat aqua I thought he was unbeatable. :wink2:
BTW I saw on the first two drives Rodgers took two sacks and had an interception...but they weren't his fault.
BTW I thought the Bengals 1st String Defense looked good which is a great sign for that team...however it is the preseason.
"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it." --Albert Einstein
"sking29 wrote:
How can you beat aqua I thought he was unbeatable. :wink2:
It's his league, not the two I made. He's beatable there, but my receivers have taken a huge hit; Smith is suspended, Engram got hurt.
"Not you." — Tywin Lannister
For those who didn't watch, the Bengals offense was sloppy the first series or two. Their running game was good especially Chris Perry. He's back from injury and looks really good. Palmer was pretty good, like I said sloppy in the first series but finished up with a touchdown to Ben Utecht I believe it was. He looks like a nice acquisition and looks to be a big part of their offense. Chad Johnson didn't do much or at least I don't recall him doing much. The defense did not look that good. They got picked apart by Rodgers and they had very poor tackling. Their rushing defense was weak as well. I know its only first pre-season game but they did not look too good out there.