Fantasy Football Advice Thread

1365 repliesPinned

Boik14Boik14Supporter
Dec 19, 2013, 09:03 PM

Anyone got a good idea for a TE? I have Brandon Myers this week (finals) after Gronk got hurt and trading Reed. If Pettigrew or Gresham cant go Im thinking eifert or Fauria might be a better play?

In a different league I have Rashad Jennings starting over Bobby Rainey...and Greg Jennings over Roddy White...anyone disagree?

ToddPhinToddPhinLuxury Box
Dec 20, 2013, 12:19 AM

"Boik14 wrote:

Anyone got a good idea for a TE? I have Brandon Myers this week (finals) after Gronk got hurt and trading Reed. If Pettigrew or Gresham cant go Im thinking eifert or Fauria might be a better play?

In a different league I have Rashad Jennings starting over Bobby Rainey...and Greg Jennings over Roddy White...anyone disagree?

Delanie Walker and Andrew Quarless :shifty:

Zach Miller could be a sneaky good play vs Zona who allows the most TE points. They allowed 15.3 pts last week to Delanie, and Miller had 12.5 pts against them earlier in the year. Walker has Jax this week who is 2nd worst vs TE, and he had 14.2 pts against them in week 10.

Ryan Griffen should see all the Texans snaps vs Denver.

ToddPhinToddPhinLuxury Box
Dec 20, 2013, 12:39 AM

I've got a tough Championship matchup in my other league and need to pick 3 for RB1, RB2, Flex. I get 0.25 per rush attempt, plus 0.5 per catch.

Lacy
Zac Stacy
Ryan Matthews
Alfred Morris
Andre Brown
Bobby Rainey
Jordan Todman

Tenn & Oak have been horrid against the run so I'm thinking:
RB1: Lacy
RB2: Matthews
Flex: Todman , otherwise- Rainey or Stacy.

Morris has the best matchup but I'm not sure I trust it.

Starry31Starry31Forum Veteran
Dec 20, 2013, 02:58 AM

"phinsational wrote:

I've got a tough Championship matchup in my other league and need to pick 3 for RB1, RB2, Flex. I get 0.25 per rush attempt, plus 0.5 per catch.

Lacy
Zac Stacy
Ryan Matthews
Alfred Morris
Andre Brown
Bobby Rainey
Jordan Todman

Tenn & Oak have been horrid against the run so I'm thinking:
RB1: Lacy
RB2: Matthews
Flex: Todman , otherwise- Rainey or Stacy.

Morris has the best matchup but I'm not sure I trust it.

I think I'd have to play Stacy. Tampa isn't the best matchup but it's at home and could be the type of game he sees a lot of action, and what I've seen of him he's pretty talented.

byroanbyroanAdministrator
Dec 20, 2013, 10:37 AM

I think I'm going with the Lions defense over the Chiefs for the championship. Hope it doesn't backfire.

I'm also going with Pitta over Fleener. Didn't like Fleener having 0 points and now he's playing the Chiefs.

Boik14Boik14Supporter
Dec 20, 2013, 11:03 AM

"phinsational wrote:

I've got a tough Championship matchup in my other league and need to pick 3 for RB1, RB2, Flex. I get 0.25 per rush attempt, plus 0.5 per catch.

Lacy
Zac Stacy
Ryan Matthews
Alfred Morris
Andre Brown
Bobby Rainey
Jordan Todman

Tenn & Oak have been horrid against the run so I'm thinking:
RB1: Lacy
RB2: Matthews
Flex: Todman , otherwise- Rainey or Stacy.

Morris has the best matchup but I'm not sure I trust it.

Lacy Stacy Morris imo. i wouldnt think twice about it. If anyone of those 3 sit it would probably be Lacy since Pitts pass defense is horrid and the temptation with them is to just air it out. Dallas D is crap without Sean Lee.

I think I'm going with the Lions defense over the Chiefs for the championship. Hope it doesn't backfire.

I'm also going with Pitta over Fleener. Didn't like Fleener having 0 points and now he's playing the Chiefs.
KC is getting Justin Houston back. Start them imo. Houston and Hali had 20 sacks combined over the first 8 weeks over the last 3 Hali has had just 2 because of the constant doubles and triples hes seeing. Theyre going to get after Luck imo and it will help their pass D a lot.

Also not sure about Pitta vs NE. They did a great job on Clay this past week. Fleener laid an egg but they may make a point to target him.

ToddPhinToddPhinLuxury Box
Dec 20, 2013, 01:44 PM

"byroan wrote:

I think I'm going with the Lions defense over the Chiefs for the championship. Hope it doesn't backfire.

I'm also going with Pitta over Fleener. Didn't like Fleener having 0 points and now he's playing the Chiefs.

I'm thinking of doing either the same.... or use Miami's D instead. That Lions defensive front could put a hurtin' on NY's O-line. Recipe for a perfect storm, no?

ToddPhinToddPhinLuxury Box
Dec 20, 2013, 03:12 PM

"Boik14 wrote:

Lacy Stacy Morris imo. i wouldnt think twice about it. If anyone of those 3 sit it would probably be Lacy since Pitts pass defense is horrid and the temptation with them is to just air it out. Dallas D is crap without Sean Lee.

If Dallas puts up points quickly vs Washington's crappy D, we could end up seeing a lot more Helu since Morris has just 7 receptions on the season. Morris essentially has to see the endzone just to make up the points that you lose from him not being a factor in the passing game.
Last week Morris had a decent 98 rushing yards but his point total was a weak 11.6 points b/c he had 1 catch for 8 yards plus 2 fumbles. Compare that to Todman last week who had 109 yards and 0 rushing TDs but scored 25.5 pts b/c he had 4 catches for 44 yards, 2 more points from carries, and 2 points for breaking 100 yards, which Morris has done just 3 times all year b/c at some point in the second half the Skins typically have to abandon the run to catch up. Plus he has 1 TD in the past 6 games.

Week 6 against Dallas he had 81 yards and a TD, which you would think would be good for a 23+ point showing in a points per carry league, but it was only 18.1 pts b/c of no receptions.
Morris's last 8 week scoring:
11.6 vs ATL week 15
6.1 KC
15.5 NYG
8.7 SF
14.8 Philly
22.4 Min
26.4 SD
19.6 Den
-- Ranked 38th in NFL the past 4 weeks. Only twice has he been over 20 pts this year.... and hasn't broken 55 yards in 3 of past 4 weeks.

Ryan Matthews the past 8 weeks:
28.6 Den
30.3 NYG
15.2 Cin
17.0 KC
22.1 Mia
16.1 Den
5.2 Wash
24.3 Jax
-- #6 in NFL the past 4 weeks. Five 100+ games past 9 games. 29 carries each of past 2 weeks.
**Oakland is 2nd worst vs RB the past 5 weeks. 75 pts to KC last week, and 58 pts two weeks ago vs Dallas.

Stacy's past 8 weeks:
29.8 N.O
13.2 Zona
12.3 SF
19.2 Chi
20.3 Indy
41.5 Tenn (Todman faces Tenn this week)
21.9 Sea
21.0 Car
** #10 in NFL the past 4 weeks. Tampa hasn't allowed more than 16.2 pts the last 6 weeks, with an average of just 10.3 pts to starting backs.

Lacy's past 8 weeks:
32.3 Dal
21.5 Atl
7.4 Det
33.1 Min
15.3 NYG
15.4 Philly
28.5 Chi
26.5 Min
**#5 in NFL past 4 weeks. Pitt has been vulnerable at times vs the run.

Rainey's past 6 weeks:
6.3 SF
27.3 Buf
12.4 Car
8.0 Det
45.2 Atl
14.9 Mia
**StL gives up 5th most to backs.

Todman's last game:
25.5 vs BUF
** Tenn is 2nd worst against the run allowing 33.7 pts to backs per week. With MJD likely not to see action and Denard Robinson unreliable, Todman could be in for a huge day with the majority of touches.

Plus I don't trust Shanahan now that RG3 is shut down. He could just as easily this week decide to give Helu significantly more playing time. The matchup is the best but I feel like there's some bust factor there, too, so I'd just as soon


KC is getting Justin Houston back. Start them imo. Houston and Hali had 20 sacks combined over the first 8 weeks over the last 3 Hali has had just 2 because of the constant doubles and triples hes seeing. Theyre going to get after Luck imo and it will help their pass D a lot. Would you start KC over Miami?

Also not sure about Pitta vs NE. They did a great job on Clay this past week. Fleener laid an egg but they may make a point to target him.Ditto

ToddPhinToddPhinLuxury Box
Dec 20, 2013, 03:13 PM

I'm thinking of starting Cutler vs a weak Philly pass D in lieu of Foles vs a stingy Chicago group.

Fin-OmenalFin-OmenalNew Member
Dec 20, 2013, 03:23 PM

"phinsational wrote:

I'm thinking of starting Cutler vs a weak Philly pass D in lieu of Foles vs a stingy Chicago group.

I'm considering Cutler over Romo myself.

Don't forget Chicago lost their stingiest CB of them all when making the decision.

byroanbyroanAdministrator
Dec 20, 2013, 03:34 PM

"phinsational wrote:

I'm thinking of doing either the same.... or use Miami's D instead. That Lions defensive front could put a hurtin' on NY's O-line. Recipe for a perfect storm, no?

That's my thinking. Also Cruz is out so Eli has even less weapons.

Starry31Starry31Forum Veteran
Dec 20, 2013, 04:26 PM

Chiefs D for life.*

*and by life, I mean this season.

Boik14Boik14Supporter
Dec 21, 2013, 12:54 AM

"phinsational wrote:

If Dallas puts up points quickly vs Washington's crappy D, we could end up seeing a lot more Helu since Morris has just 7 receptions on the season. Morris essentially has to see the endzone just to make up the points that you lose from him not being a factor in the passing game.
Last week Morris had a decent 98 rushing yards but his point total was a weak 11.6 points b/c he had 1 catch for 8 yards plus 2 fumbles. Compare that to Todman last week who had 109 yards and 0 rushing TDs but scored 25.5 pts b/c he had 4 catches for 44 yards, 2 more points from carries, and 2 points for breaking 100 yards, which Morris has done just 3 times all year b/c at some point in the second half the Skins typically have to abandon the run to catch up. Plus he has 1 TD in the past 6 games.

Week 6 against Dallas he had 81 yards and a TD, which you would think would be good for a 23+ point showing in a points per carry league, but it was only 18.1 pts b/c of no receptions.
Morris's last 8 week scoring:
11.6 vs ATL week 15
6.1 KC
15.5 NYG
8.7 SF
14.8 Philly
22.4 Min
26.4 SD
19.6 Den
-- Ranked 38th in NFL the past 4 weeks. Only twice has he been over 20 pts this year.... and hasn't broken 55 yards in 3 of past 4 weeks.

Ryan Matthews the past 8 weeks:
28.6 Den
30.3 NYG
15.2 Cin
17.0 KC
22.1 Mia
16.1 Den
5.2 Wash
24.3 Jax
-- #6 in NFL the past 4 weeks. Five 100+ games past 9 games. 29 carries each of past 2 weeks.
**Oakland is 2nd worst vs RB the past 5 weeks. 75 pts to KC last week, and 58 pts two weeks ago vs Dallas.

Stacy's past 8 weeks:
29.8 N.O
13.2 Zona
12.3 SF
19.2 Chi
20.3 Indy
41.5 Tenn (Todman faces Tenn this week)
21.9 Sea
21.0 Car
** #10 in NFL the past 4 weeks. Tampa hasn't allowed more than 16.2 pts the last 6 weeks, with an average of just 10.3 pts to starting backs.

Lacy's past 8 weeks:
32.3 Dal
21.5 Atl
7.4 Det
33.1 Min
15.3 NYG
15.4 Philly
28.5 Chi
26.5 Min
**#5 in NFL past 4 weeks. Pitt has been vulnerable at times vs the run.

Rainey's past 6 weeks:
6.3 SF
27.3 Buf
12.4 Car
8.0 Det
45.2 Atl
14.9 Mia
**StL gives up 5th most to backs.

Todman's last game:
25.5 vs BUF
** Tenn is 2nd worst against the run allowing 33.7 pts to backs per week. With MJD likely not to see action and Denard Robinson unreliable, Todman could be in for a huge day with the majority of touches.

Plus I don't trust Shanahan now that RG3 is shut down. He could just as easily this week decide to give Helu significantly more playing time. The matchup is the best but I feel like there's some bust factor there, too, so I'd just as soon


Would you start KC over Miami?

Ditto

Thats if Dallas gets up big. But Dallas's D has been garbage so i dont see it happening that way plus Cousins is playing for a starting gig somewhere next year. I also have an inherent distrust of Mathews since hes burnt me too many times. I love KC's D but I think Miami has a good matchup. I wish I liked Coyle more and trusted this D. We havent had a dominant performance yet and I think we may be out for some revenge on Thad Lewis. I went Miami in two pay league finals and in one other pay league I went KC. KC is probably a safer bet since theyve been the best D in fantasy all year.

I'm thinking of starting Cutler vs a weak Philly pass D in lieu of Foles vs a stingy Chicago group.Philly's D had been playing better til this last week or two. I dont like either of your options but Foles might be the less of two evils despite Shady McCoy wanting the ball a lot more this week. I like Tannehill or Ryan Fitzpatrick more this week to be honest.

byroanbyroanAdministrator
Dec 21, 2013, 03:58 PM

I don't see the Pats putting Talib on Pitta like they did Clay. Pitta's always had good games against NE.

My other options are Quarless, Marcedes, Ryan Griffin and Ertz.

I'm hoping TE doesn't even matter. It didn't last week.

byroanbyroanAdministrator
Dec 21, 2013, 03:58 PM

"Starry31 wrote:

Chiefs D for life.*

*and by life, I mean this season.

Except against Denver...

Starry31Starry31Forum Veteran
Dec 21, 2013, 08:19 PM

"byroan wrote:

Except against Denver...

First time I showed no fear, but I admit I played Miami against the Jets for the second Denver game. For my league they scored 2 and 10 points against Denver, was the San Diego game that was a little rough. Sometimes I think injuries other than QB can be overblown but Colts do have three offensive lineman out, should help KC.

ToddPhinToddPhinLuxury Box
Dec 22, 2013, 03:24 AM

"Boik14 wrote:

Thats if Dallas gets up big. But Dallas's D has been garbage so i dont see it happening that way plus Cousins is playing for a starting gig somewhere next year. I also have an inherent distrust of Mathews since hes burnt me too many times. I love KC's D but I think Miami has a good matchup. I wish I liked Coyle more and trusted this D. We havent had a dominant performance yet and I think we may be out for some revenge on Thad Lewis. I went Miami in two pay league finals and in one other pay league I went KC. KC is probably a safer bet since theyve been the best D in fantasy all year.

Philly's D had been playing better til this last week or two. I dont like either of your options but Foles might be the less of two evils despite Shady McCoy wanting the ball a lot more this week. I like Tannehill or Ryan Fitzpatrick more this week to be honest.

weather has moved up to heavy rain, so I'd prefer Cutler in that one..... but I could ditch both of them for Alex Smith at home playing in just slight snow. Jason Comp bell vs the jets is also intriguing. I was gonna take Miami D in the rain, but now might opt for KC in possible slight snow.

I could still drop KC and Miami for Detroit vs NYG in the dome.

byroanbyroanAdministrator
Dec 22, 2013, 11:31 AM

"Boik14 wrote:

Lacy Stacy Morris imo. i wouldnt think twice about it. If anyone of those 3 sit it would probably be Lacy since Pitts pass defense is horrid and the temptation with them is to just air it out. Dallas D is crap without Sean Lee.

KC is getting Justin Houston back. Start them imo. Houston and Hali had 20 sacks combined over the first 8 weeks over the last 3 Hali has had just 2 because of the constant doubles and triples hes seeing. Theyre going to get after Luck imo and it will help their pass D a lot.

Also not sure about Pitta vs NE. They did a great job on Clay this past week. Fleener laid an egg but they may make a point to target him.

Justin is inactive.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

ToddPhinToddPhinLuxury Box
Dec 22, 2013, 11:06 PM

So I went with Lacy, Stacy, and Matthews who each put up 26 points and ended up being my best 3 options....... but Lacy getting injured in the 3rd quarter cost me the championship.

It's amazing how sometimes just a couple plays can sorely break a day. For instance, the Packers commit a stupid encroachment penalty during a chip shot Steelers field goal attempt and in turn it gives LeVeon Bell an easy 1 yard TD two plays later...... and the double whammy with Romo converting a 4th & 10 TD to Murray with your opponent having both players. :pity:

Starry31Starry31Forum Veteran
Dec 22, 2013, 11:47 PM

I feel your pain phinsational.

14 team league and I go 11-2, completely stacked team, top seed and most points scored, broke a lot of records including most points scored in a game in the league's history. I'm in the championship and my team lays an egg. After what happened in Buffalo, fantasy wasn't going be as important but could bring me a little joy at least. Nope. Third year in a row losing in the championship game, starting feel like the 90s Bills. Bad thing is last year I dominated the league as well and lost by 0.68 I hate football and fantasy. Until next week at least.

Jt0323Jt0323Staff
Dec 22, 2013, 11:54 PM

I avoided the Sacko with Murray and decker getting it done. Carp even got me a lot of points. This year sucked because of RG3. Hate that guy

ToddPhinToddPhinLuxury Box
Dec 23, 2013, 01:16 AM

"Starry31 wrote:

I feel your pain phinsational.

14 team league and I go 11-2, completely stacked team, top seed and most points scored, broke a lot of records including most points scored in a game in the league's history. I'm in the championship and my team lays an egg. After what happened in Buffalo, fantasy wasn't going be as important but could bring me a little joy at least. Nope. Third year in a row losing in the championship game, starting feel like the 90s Bills. Bad thing is last year I dominated the league as well and lost by 0.68 I hate football and fantasy. Until next week at least.

:console: TBH, if it were between the two, I'd rather post the league's best overall record and win the points title than win a championship game considering how much chance can be involved at any given week in the playoffs.

byroanbyroanAdministrator
Dec 23, 2013, 06:17 AM

I'm up but he's still got Vernon and the 49ers D. If I end up winning it will be because of Peyton and Charles. Bush and DeSean got me jack.

Starry31Starry31Forum Veteran
Dec 24, 2013, 12:37 AM

"phinsational wrote:

:console: TBH, if it were between the two, I'd rather post the league's best overall record and win the points title than win a championship game considering how much chance can be involved at any given week in the playoffs.

As fantasy players we pair up fantasy and real football so much that not winning your fantasy championship feels like not winning a Super Bowl. I get what you're saying though and I put together a pretty solid team, just some bad timing. Next August I'll bust out the Preseason Pass and get back to work. :lol:

byroanbyroanAdministrator
Dec 24, 2013, 05:57 AM

#champion

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk