Favorite / Least Favorite On-Air Radio Personalities?

19 replies

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporterOP
May 26, 2015, 02:30 PM

Sports-talk wise? Any liked/disliked sports radio people you'd like to discuss?

BTW: Yes, SICK counts as a sports talk radio personality.

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

FinSaneFinSaneForum Veteran
May 26, 2015, 06:53 PM

Least favorite is easily Mike & Mike or Sid Rosenburg. Ugh.

King FelixKing FelixSupporter
May 27, 2015, 03:00 PM

Least favorite JT the Brick. Most favorite Dan Patrick and Ben Maller.

vmarcilfan75vmarcilfan75Supporter
May 27, 2015, 03:35 PM

when I get a chance I only listen to Jay Mohr Sports and Max & Marcellus

McLovinMcLovinForum Veteran
May 27, 2015, 04:37 PM

Sick

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
May 28, 2015, 11:37 AM

"Launchpad McQuack wrote:

Least favorite is easily Mike & Mike or Sid Rosenburg. Ugh.

Ah Sid. Biggest hack whose list of accomplishments include: "working with Mike Francesa", and that's it. But he'll readily remind you of it during each segment of his crapfest show.

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
May 28, 2015, 11:39 AM

"McLovin wrote:

Sick

Agreed. SICK's podcast regularly makes my wife's panties wet; of course, this only happens when I'm wearing them.

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

FinSaneFinSaneForum Veteran
May 28, 2015, 11:43 AM

"lmeister3 wrote:

Ah Sid. Biggest hack whose list of accomplishments include: "working with Mike Francesa", and that's it. But he'll readily remind you of it during each segment of his crapfest show.

And all the famous people he supposedly knows.

BicketyBamBicketyBamForum Veteran
May 28, 2015, 12:34 PM

"lmeister3 wrote:

Ah Sid. Biggest hack whose list of accomplishments include: "working with Mike Francesa", and that's it. But he'll readily remind you of it during each segment of his crapfest show.

Mike Francessa. Not even a close second. I hate that smug fat ****.

-Ed-

gunn34gunn34New Member
May 28, 2015, 01:00 PM

Heath Evans is my most hated guy. Does that count as radio?

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
May 28, 2015, 01:08 PM

I absolutely listen to less sports talk radio today than I have in the past 20 years, because as a stay@home dad I'm in the car less than ever. I also am generally unfamiliar with any local or regional guys, and only know the main national ones. That being said, here are mine:

Favorite: Dan Patrick - A good blend of being calm and light hearted, and interesting and topical. I enjoy his general tone and professionalism, and how its an inclusive show and doesn't generally attack anyone. I do dislike how he focuses so much on basketball, which I don't follow, but its his show and his call.

Also like: Most NFL Radio shows. (Sirius channel 88). Most of the hosts and shows are informative and interesting, and they cover all 32 teams instead of just the big markets, which is wonderful. However, they're generally pretty bland and all kind of just blend together as well. No one that I really like or dislike.

OK: Mike & Mike. These guys eb and flow. They can be really funny and keep me interested for a long time some days, then piss me off and make me turn the channel others. Greeny's NY homerism makes me sick, but I also respect him for it and he's honest and consistant about it. In general, they hate and disrespect the Fins every single year, which frustrates any Dolphin fan. But if I were a fan of another team, I may see things differently.

Dislike: Colin Cowherd. I'm not sure if Colin is truly as dumb as he seems with a lot of the things that he says, or whether its all just a big act in order to troll people and build up an image. Either way, it doesn't work for me. He's a blatant and open big market homer, which irks me as someone who feels that every team in every pro sport is equal. He also talks way too much about gambling, which makes me really uncomfortable, since I don't gamble and its never been a reason I watch sports. He also will say time and again how fans shouldn't be so emotionally attached to their teams and mocks them for it. As someone who's JOB it is to talk to people who are fans, you'd think he would understand them a little better.

Cannot listen to: Jim Rome. Pure sideshow garbage. Panders to the lowest demographic. Immature and insulting.

McLovinMcLovinForum Veteran
May 28, 2015, 01:53 PM

"lmeister3 wrote:

Agreed. SICK's podcast regularly makes my wife's panties wet; of course, this only happens when I'm wearing them.

do you have to blow her up to get them off

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
May 28, 2015, 02:03 PM

"McLovin wrote:

do you have to blow her up to get them off

Once again, you're way off. You gotta deflate.

I thought that was clear to you people :shifty:

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

McLovinMcLovinForum Veteran
May 28, 2015, 02:28 PM

"lmeister3 wrote:

Once again, you're way off. You gotta deflate.

I thought that was clear to you people :shifty:

it's not as bad if you deflate her by punching her in an elevator though.

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
May 28, 2015, 04:09 PM

"Aqua4Ever04 wrote:

Love:

Rich Eisen
Scott Van Pelt
Brock Huard (does the morning Seattle ESPN radio show)

Hate:

Steven A. Smith
Pretty much any former player that gets a job as an "analyst"
Tony Kornheiser
Woody Paige
I guess just anyone on ESPN TV

I love Eisen, but have never heard his radio show. I miss when he was on the air almost every evening on NFL Network. The longer he's been there, the less he's on TV. Van Pelt is also someone who seems like a pretty good guy, though I haven't listened to him as much as others. However, his topics generally aren't my taste (focuses on basketball and golf a lot more than others as far as I can tell, as those are his areas of expertise).

I like Tony on PTI. I've never heard him on the radio.

Does anyone like Steven A Smith? The guy is a complete joke.

Dolphin1184Dolphin1184New Member
May 28, 2015, 04:58 PM

Likes:
Freddie Coleman
Lebatard / Stugotz
Sedano

Dislikes:
Joe Zagacki... dont know how he is still doing play by play for the Canes. Sounds like a barking dog when yelling.
Not crazy about Colin on radio.

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
May 28, 2015, 05:44 PM

"McLovin wrote:

it's not as bad if you deflate her by punching her in an elevator though.

It's not if nobody sees the footage. It's like it never even happened.

Or maybe they burned the tapes, I dunno. :shifty:

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
May 28, 2015, 06:08 PM

"Dolphin1184 wrote:

Likes:
Freddie Coleman
Lebatard / Stugotz
Sedano

Dislikes:
Joe Zagacki... dont know how he is still doing play by play for the Canes. Sounds like a barking dog when yelling.
Not crazy about Colin on radio.

Likes:

Lebatard & Stugotz – Guest hosts are always great—especially old man Cote— although Pablo Torre condescendingly attempts to hijack the show whenever he's on; Bomani was 1000x better. They don't get much more creative than Hochman as far as producing goes, but Mike Ryan is getting there. Recurring Ron Magil and Marcelus Wiley put the show over the top IMO.

Zaslow & Joy – Was better when Hochman was co-hosting but I've since warmed up to Joy Taylor. Really fun listen in the morning.

Dan Patrick – The Dannettes are awful, but Dan gets great guests.

Dislikes:

Eric Reed & Leroy Hoard – Just awful, awful amateur hour radio. Regular shouting matches behind just plain uninformed "sports takes". They have no excuse to be so uninformed given that the topics they regularly discuss are at least 12-24 hours old. Much rather just listen to grass grow.

Every single show on 560 – Except for Hochman, although I haven't really listened in to his 560 show all that much. That station is literally painful to listen to; it's basically just sounds like static half the time.

Mike & Mike – Easy stances galore. No insight whatsoever.

Colin Cowherd – See above. Also, consistently crappy guest lists. It's like he actively seeks the most boring people you could possibly put on the radio. Also the king of knee-jerk radio.

Sid Rosenberg – Need I say more? Biggest hack in all of sports talk.

Jim Rome – It's like listening in as a sophomore hijacks the PA system at the local highschool and proceeds to tell everyone off while trying (and failing majestically) to be funny in the process.

Sedano – Comes off as a fake person; on-air enthusiasm comes off as contrived, and he too often raises his voice unnecessarily. Don't really find him at all funny or entertaining.

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

May 28, 2015, 11:17 PM

Thread needs more Francesa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GYHpkoUo4E

SICKSICKForum Veteran
May 29, 2015, 09:22 AM

"lmeister3 wrote:

Sports-talk wise? Any liked/disliked sports radio people you'd like to discuss?

BTW: Yes, SICK counts as a sports talk radio personality.

I've reached the top!