Halo 3 Title Update
2 replies
Thought I would post this for those that may have stopped playing. They've added new achievments and it looks like they will be adding around 4 new maps later.
Bungie.net : Inside Bungie : News
The most exciting piece of the update for many of you is the addition of TEN brand new achievements to Halo 3. We’ve covered these in detail in prior weekly updates but in case you’re just joining us, you forgot, or you’re just too lazy to go back and read… here’s the full list:
Vidmaster Challenge: Lightswitch (0 points) – Get to the rank of Lieutenant in any playlist in the new EXP progression system.
Vidmaster Challenge: 7 on 7 (0 points) – Enter into any ranked or social playlist with 7 EXP on the 7th of the month.
Vidmaster Challenge: Annual (0 points) – After 9/25/08, complete Halo on 4-player Legendary LIVE co-op, with Iron, and everyone in Ghosts.
Double Double (25 points) – On a Legendary map, get two Double Kills during any ranked or social match.
Poor Yorick (25 points) – On a Legendary map, get 3 Oddball melee kills during any ranked or social match.
Came…From…Behind (50 points) – On a Legendary map, get 3 assassinations during any ranked or social match.
Defend This (50 points) – On a Legendary map, get a flag melee kill during any ranked or social match.
Flag Dropped (25 points) – On a Legendary map, get 2 flag carrier kills during any ranked or social match.
Road Rage (25 points) – On a Legendary map, get 5 Warthog chaingun kills during any ranked or social match.
Look Both Ways (50 points) – On a Legendary map, get a Splatter Spree during any ranked or social match.

Gotta say I dont understand the points of putting in some of these achievements. I mean get 2 double kills? 1 flag beatdown? 5 kills in a game with a hog? (not in a row, just over the whole game)
I mean why not give people achievements for spawning at the start of the game? Or just logging on to X Box live? You shouldn't get achievements for stuff that's that easy... Some of the other one are at least a little tougher.
Not sure I am wild about some of the tweaked maps either, only ones I have played so far is the no shield doors snowbound and the heavy standoff. They are trying to turn snowbound into a BR map and while I LOVE br's I'm just not sure how thats going to play. Especially in 8 player ffa lone wolves.