Happy Anniversary....

6 replies

GalantGalantForum VeteranOP
Feb 5, 2019, 11:07 AM


"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Feb 5, 2019, 02:29 PM

I saw the movie in the cinema, largely because of the connection to the Dolphins. Seeing Dan and all of the other cameos was great. But man, that movie aged poorly very quickly. As a 15 year old, I think I was probably the target audience, but by a few years later, I couldn't stand it.

Not So FastNot So FastForum Veteran
Feb 5, 2019, 10:19 PM

The scenes in the mental rehab center are still great.

KeyFinKeyFinForum Veteran
Feb 6, 2019, 08:06 PM
"Galant wrote:

I thought the Mask was Carey's first big movie, but I looked it up and Pet Detective actually was his first big role (Mask was the same year...released a few months later). Surprisingly though, Carey had been acting 14 years before that....he was in Peggy Sue Got Married in '86, Rubberface in '81 and a late night tv series in '80 (plus about a dozen other no-name shows in-between all those).

He started as a voice actor in 1980...so he's coming up on his 40th year in Hollywood? I had no idea he was that old.

Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Feb 7, 2019, 10:45 AM

I knew him from In Living Color, and thought that was his big breakthrough. But even though I had seen the movie several times, I didn't catch that he was a star of Once Bitten (1985) until I saw it again after he became hugely famous in the mid 90s. So, I guess that's where I originally knew him from. He also had roles in The Dead Pool (Dirty Harry movie) and Earth Girls are Easy that I didn't pick up on until later.

TheHighExhaultedTheHighExhaultedForum Veteran
Feb 7, 2019, 10:59 AM

Excuse me, may I ass you a few questions?!

Tin IndianTin IndianForum Veteran
Feb 7, 2019, 11:01 AM

1st movie I remember him in is Once Bitten. Really surprised on The Dead Pool since I've seen it a number of times and never noticed him.
I'm not much of Jim Carey fan tbh, my favorite though is Liar Liar.

Not My Circus, Not My Monkeys.