1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much more time do we give Tannehill to prove he's got "it"?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by PhinsRock, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Bigsteve606

Bigsteve606 New Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Ryan would have better stats with a better Oline and if the wide receivers didn't drop the passes. He still has better stats then last year. He is our franchise QB.

PhinFan1968, DolfanTom and Auburn like this.
  2. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    He's proved that he can be a top 10-12 QB and that he has gotten better every year. Excites me what he will do in year 4, especially when a few things are shored up on the OL.

DolfanTom likes this.
  3. Brasfin

Brasfin Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Brazil
    Heck, not even Aaron Rodgers was considered an elite QB until maybe his 5th season in the league (second as a starter).
    And check out his fourth season stats:

63.6% 28 TDs 13 Ints 4038 yds 93.8 QB rating

Looks eerily similar to this one:

67% 26 TDs 12 Ints 3786 yds 93.2 QB rating

Which is Tannehill's third season stats with one game remaning. By the end of the season it might look even closer to that statline above.

RGF, Fin D, resnor and 2 others like this.
  4. bran

bran Senior Member

Dec 20, 2007
    New Hampshire
    i wonder how many packers fans were saying he sucked and needed to be benched for brian brohm.

5. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Their college stats were that close too.

Don't really care what other people tell you, Rodgers is Tannehill's ceiling.

resnor and Brasfin like this.
  6. shamegame13

shamegame13 Madison & Surtain

Dec 15, 2014
    AR12 wasn't 'elite' until the 2010 playoffs when they won the SB, he was a good QB up until 2010 but not elite, and that is where RT17 is now.. We will see if he can take that jump to 'elite' levels next year.

Brasfin and Fin-Omenal like this.
  7. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Wait.....so after all that crap, you think Tannehill will only be elite when his team wins a team sport?

cuchulainn, resnor and MikeHoncho like this.
  8. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Ahhhahaha!!

Dead on, FinD, dead on.

It's absurd.

9. shamegame13

Dec 15, 2014
    All I will say is AR12 took his offense to new levels in the playoffs in 2010 and his game RISED and he became a different player then he was before the 2010 playoffs. RT17 is where AR12 was before the 2010 playoffs, but, who knows if it 'clicks' for RT17 the same way it did for AR12 in the 2010 playoffs. For most QB's, that light switch doesn't click, which is why there is only 3-5 QB's out of the 64-80 employed by the NFL that are currently 'elite'.(P. Manning, Luck, Rodgers, Brees, Brady) Here's to hoping it does 'click' for RT17!:ffic:

10. heylookatme

heylookatme Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2012
    I don't think Ryan Tannehill will ever be as good as Aaron Rodgers, but at the same time, I'm not sure how you can equate team success with QB skill. I would think that as Dolphins fans, we know best that there is more to it than that.

11. shamegame13

Dec 15, 2014
    I simply told you when AR12 became 'elite'.... had nothing to do with team, he just so happened to have stepped HIS OWN PERSONAL GAME UP in the 2010 playoffs. Either you guys seem to have trouble comprehending my posts' or you just like to push things out of context because of personal hatred for me. (Probably both for some of you)

12. cuchulainn

cuchulainn Táin Bó Cúailnge Club Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Rodgers game certainly didn't "RISED" against the Bears in the 2010 playoffs. He was terrible that game going 17/30 for 0TDs/2 INTS. He finished with a 55.4 passer rating.

Fortunately for the Pack, they were facing Jay Cutler and Caleb Hanie, who combined for 3 INTS, and threw a pick 6 for the Packers team to secure the win. Nothing like facing a worse opponent when you're having a bad game...

resnor likes this.
  13. Brasfin

Brasfin Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Brazil
    Maybe I'm missing something but what I took shamegame's post is that he said Aaron Rodgers wasn't considered elite until the season where he won the Super Bowl.. not necessarily BECAUSE he won the Super Bowl. Not sure if I just understood it wrong...

shamegame13 likes this.
  14. cuchulainn

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Climb down off the cross and spare us the hyperbole. No one has any personal hatred for you, even though you've conduct yourself like an a-hole ever since you've shown up. You attack any and every one whose opinion differs with yours on the slightest thing and you don't allow any civil conversation with you as you immediately attack both the post and the poster and resort to ridiculing people escalating things into heated argument.

If you want your opinions respected, you need to change your tact. It's not your opinions or messages that people take issue with, it's your delivery...

resnor likes this.
  15. shamegame13

Dec 15, 2014
    Thank you Bras, these guys have literally misinterpreted most of my posts' since I been here, to try and spin it against me (although it's ok, because by the way some of them post, it's quite clear they only watch Dolphins games), AR12 stepped up after the CHI playoff game and became the QB as we view him today (the guy that dissect's defenses), but, as usual, like clockwork, they made it seem like I called 'elite' because his team won the SB.

16. shamegame13

Dec 15, 2014
    At least I've never personally attacked and called anybody an a-hole as you did here (but yet, im the one personally attacking people? When you and Resnor have the most condescending posts), and you expect me to think you don't have a hard on for me. You hate the fact that I pointed out the AFCE is just as awful as the NFCN when you said AR12 had the benefit of playing in a bad division in an argument where you were trying to support RT17 against AR12. Resnor hated the fact that I said we should switch to a power run offense and started to personally attack my posts, you and him both want me to retaliate in such a fashion where I start calling you names like "a-hole" so I can get banned, that much is quite clear at this point. I will just keep pointing out FACTS as I have been doing, and I will let you and Resnor continue your condescending tones. The only way you will ever accept me, is if I become a 'sheep' on this website and hop on to your agenda, (i.e., RT17 is an 'elite' QB, Dolphins are awesome, We are america's team, etc., like a cheerleader) and you are not better then me as we are equals, so no, I will not 'bow' to you so you can accept me.

17. cuchulainn

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    lol... for someone who chides others for their reading comprehension, you're a piece of work... I didn't call you anything. I commented on how you've conducted yourself in nearly every thread. There's a difference.

And the point that I was making that you've continually twisted around is that Rodgers rarely has to bring a team from behind, so he should have fewer 4th qtr comebacks or GWDs over the course of his career. I was not stating or supporting any arguments where there was "RT17 against AR12"...

resnor likes this.
  18. shamegame13

Dec 15, 2014
    Once again, your not owning your own words though, you literally stated "because he plays in a weak division" in an argument where you were comparing RT17 4th qtr comebacks or GWD's vs AR12, come on man.... All we have is our word, at least own yours. That was your own words, just like you calling me an "a-hole", you can act like you didn't say it now, but you did say it.

P.S. no matter how you phrase it, whether you saying "your acting like an a-hole" or "you are an a-hole", your still calling me an a-hole. (Which is a PERSONAL attack, something I have never done in these forums, I will start being CONDESCENDING only because of the PERSONAL attacks and condescending tones that are being sent my way)

19. cuchulainn

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    lol... what you put in quotation marks isn't even what I wrote in #379... or a part of the context.

Enjoy your time on the cross. You have a nice Christmas Eve and Holiday season. lol...

resnor likes this.
  20. shamegame13

Dec 15, 2014
    And I'm supposed to think that i'm the only one with condescending posts'? I guess since you and Resnor are RT17 fanboys, your allowed to, but if I do it, i'm an "a-hole".

21. DolphinGreg

DolphinGreg Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 7, 2014
    Just stop.

Just please stop.

cuchulainn and gilv13 like this.
  22. bigbry

bigbry Huge Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Colorado
    lol

23. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    Something a few if us debated this off-season was Ryan Tannehill and his three season history (going back to a&m) of chunk turnover games (3+ turnovers a game). Has he even had one in 2014? Either way, that's massive progress and one reason most losses have been close as oppose to blowouts.

24. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    What?? How did I get dragged into this?? I could care less about you and your power run offense theory. I don't particularly remember what I said to you, but as I recall, it was more about your "diagnosis" that Tannehill would not get any better. It had nothing to do with a power run offense. As to "condescending posts," sure, I probably do come across as condescending to you, since your posts are all blatantly condescending to those you don't agree with, and you generally don't present facts for discussion. You came on this site, spouting a bunch of crap about Tannehill, and are now doing an about face. That's really all there is to say on it.

cuchulainn likes this.
  25. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Kindly please stop referencing me on your crusade to be a martyr. I'm not a "fanboy." I've said it over and over again. I'm not a fanboy, I just don't like when people blatantly misuse stats, and/or make stuff up to argue things. I've never said Tannehill was elite, I've never said he was better than Rodgers, Brady, Manning, Romo, etc. These are things that you've made up, so that you can try to attack me. It's also why I put you on ignore. I can't for the life of me figure out what possessed me to view these last two posts by you, though.

cuchulainn likes this.
  26. heylookatme

heylookatme Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2012
    No. He does have a pair of two pick games, but there's still time for a hat trick. :)

27. Killer Carlson

Killer Carlson New Member

May 21, 2014
    It took Miami how many years to get someone as good as Tannehill? He's gonna be the starter for a long time. They need to get him a real one on one mismatch that he can throw to in the red zone.

28. cuchulainn

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    To go along with his 3 3+ TD game hat trick this season?

Career TD/INT numbers:
    2012: 12/13 - 4 multi INT games.
    2013: 24/17 - 4 multi INT games.
    2014: 26/12 - 2 multi INT games. 1 game remaining.

Current career: 62/42 - 10 multi INT games.

He thrown 4 TDs and 5 INTs in the past 3 seasons when facing the stej. Let's hope he builds on the TDs only this weekend.

29. 77FinFan

77FinFan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Buckeye Land
    I hope I don't hate myself late Sunday, but I've been encouraged by his holding on to the ball better. Not sure where he stands on fumbles this year and fumbles lost.