I'm Calling it- We Are Taking the Division at 12-4
33 replies
Five weeks ago, I said we would win 6 in a row on two different forums. Guess how many people agreed with me? Not even my darn dog. And now we're a sh!%%y 49ers team away from doing it. Miami is 6-4, on the second biggest win streak in the NFL.
Over the last 6 games, we are going to face one team total with a winning record, and we've already beat two of the others. Nothing's a given, I know that as well as anyone, but this team is growing by leaps and bounds every single week.
If this trend continues, I think we win every last game on our schedule.
And before you start laughing, hear me out for a second. You were wrong 5 weeks ago too, and the reason you were wrong is because you didn't foresee the line going all Chuck Norris on our opponents. That was fun while it lasted, but we still played lousy football with TONS of mistakes and mental errors. Yet somehow in the 4th, our offense became elite, a defender made a ridiculous play, or a return man kicked it into overdrive.
It reminds me of Russell Crow in Gladiator after he killed an arena of Romans in about 15 seconds-
We got a different surprise every week as someone average became a sensation, and we watched the emergence of a true superstar in Jay Ajayi. But where's that superstar been the past two weeks? Oh, that's right, we played two elite run D teams with a beat up line. But the J-train is returning this Sunday folks and it's going to be quite a ride.
And guess what? Those last 6 run defenses remaining look ripe for the picking.
So let's look at our last five match-ups...and I'm intentionally skipping the 9ers for obvious reasons. If we lose that one, I'm moving to Canada like all those anti-Trump supporters.
The Ravens are a tough match-up that are basically on the same level as the Steelers, Bills and Chargers. They'll put up a good fight but we'll out moxy them in the 4th.
Arizona is struggling lately and they're a team without an identity. This should be a fairly easy win for us.
The Jets and Bills are never gimmies, but you know deep down that both teams are rooting for us just as much as we are. Because when we beat these jokers and New England loses to Denver (the most important game of the season for us), that sets us up for a division title in week 17. And by the time we reach week 16 with all the cards laying perfectly in alignment, everyone's going to be like, "Oh heck, Miami has a shot at taking the divison...and they've beat New England at home three years in a row!"
So if we beat the Jets and the Bronks take down the Cheats in week 15, it's on like Donkey Kong people.
I'm not overlooking any of our opponents people, but there's just nobody out there as angry as we are. This team is playing with vengeance and I think by the time we reach week 17, we are going to be worlds better than we are today. Ajayi will be going off with Albert and company. Parker is going to be a certified Pro Bowl candidate by then. Landry will be going off like his name is Jarvis Landry, and our D-line is going to turn primal. It's all coming in the next six weeks.
I'm really starting to like our chances of a 12-4 season, a 1st round bye and serious playoff run.
So flame away, my friends, and I'll let you know that I accept your apology in advance. Because this is our Mother F(*king Dolphins and they're about to get serious!
Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.
You know, I'm not normally a big believer in the jynx, but...
Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.
"MikeHoncho wrote:
You know, I'm not normally a big believer in the jynx, but...
Me either- which is why I posted 5 weeks ago that we were about to win 6 straight. And if that didn't jinx us, then not posting this definitely would!
Mainly I was just trying to get some people excited though; I could care less if I predict anything or not. I'm not the "I told you so" type at all EXCEPT when it comes to a Dolphins win streak.
Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.
"KeyFin wrote:
Me either- which is why I posted 5 weeks ago that we were about to win 6 straight. And if that didn't jinx us, then not posting this definitely would!
Mainly I was just trying to get some people excited though; I could care less if I predict anything or not. I'm not the "I told you so" type at all EXCEPT when it comes to a Dolphins win streak.
Not sure how realistic a division win is, but getting a wild card is VERY realistic after that KC loss. And with our coach, I'm not sure a jinx would even work anyway. Enthusiasm is totally warranted.
why why why?
Why can't we enjoy this ride, and not worry about talking about taking a division we have been trying to to take for 5 years?
The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of mine and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the website
Whether or not we win out and take the Division is yet to be seen but I said a couple of weeks back that I believe we win 5 of our remaining 7. One down, 6 more shots at getting 4 more.
We have a real shot at making the playoffs this year but as Landry said.....let's just enjoy the ride one game at a time

“The person you will spend the most time with in your life is yourself, so you better make sure you’re someone interesting”
"dirtylandry wrote:
why why why?
Why can't we enjoy this ride, and not worry about talking about taking a division we have been trying to to take for 5 years?
Why? Cause it's fun to dream big! I'm a fan, I don't have to take it one game at a time. Whoooooo! Division Champs.
Tanking is like taking a Greyhound bus cross-country. Sure, it may eventually get you where you want to go, but it’s messy and unpleasant and uncomfortable, it stinks, the entire time you’ll be wishing you weren’t there, and not everybody along for the ride is going to make it to the end. - Quote stolen from Deadspin
"dirtylandry wrote:
why why why?
Why can't we enjoy this ride, and not worry about talking about taking a division we have been trying to to take for 5 years?
How does one fan dreaming big affect you again?
That's a brave take Keyfin. Obviously the Patriots are a huge obstacle but I find your psychological arguments interesting.
How do you factor in our weakened offensive line, though? That's been a big issue in recent history and it saw struggles last Sunday against a not-great Rams squad.
Thoughts?
"Although we are capable of great acts of kindness, history teaches us that we sometimes need saving from ourselves – from our recklessness or our greed. God sent into the world a unique person – neither a philosopher nor a general, important though they are, but a Saviour, with the power to forgive... It is my prayer that on this Christmas day we might all find room in our lives for the message of the angels and for the love of God through Christ our Lord." (Christmas message, 2011)
The Rams have a great defense. Of course our oline struggled against them.
"Galant wrote:
That's a brave take Keyfin. Obviously the Patriots are a huge obstacle but I find your psychological arguments interesting.
How do you factor in our weakened offensive line, though? That's been a big issue in recent history and it saw struggles last Sunday against a not-great Rams squad.
Thoughts?
From what I've read, Pouncey got all good news and his hip is okay, so he should be back soon. Albert is demanding to play and there's a shot we have him this week, but maybe two at the most. But they are not saying anything about Tunsil...nothing...so that has me a little worried. Still- with Albert in the game, Ajayi is getting a lane. It's that simple.
And while I'm getting ahead of myself in this prediction, Gase is not. In an interview yesterday he said that he doesn't even know who our remaining opponents are past the 49ers. He says it doesn't matter because this team is focusing 100% on what's right in front of them. And he's playing to win no matter what. This isn't a team that's going to get a 3 point lead and try to coast...our aggressiveness is the 4th quarter has become this team's signature.
Garden said it best- as fans, we're allowed to dream big and not focus on one game at a time. And I'm betting on Gase doing just the opposite; keeping this team ready and kicking ass each week.
Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.
Not trying to be a douche about this. But the op is talking about this trend. We looked like complete poop against the Rams except for the last 5 mins. And they were starting a rookie in his first game. I love that the Dolphins are winning. But they're not exactly dominant out there. And these have all been pretty bad teams.
yesssssssssssssssssss
Fin D;2829671 wrote:
As mor wisely said
Eh im optimistic about the team moving forward whether we make the playoffs or not, Gase has made the difference and Ross finally got his guy.
"mor911 wrote:
Not trying to be a douche about this. But the op is talking about this trend. We looked like complete poop against the Rams except for the last 5 mins. And they were starting a rookie in his first game. I love that the Dolphins are winning. But they're not exactly dominant out there. And these have all been pretty bad teams.
We played:
- one of the best defenses in the league
- in their house
- under rain
- missing 3 OL starters
and won our 5th game in a row.
It might not have been dominant football but considering everything I said, it's pretty impressive.
I don't think we'll win out and take the division, but I do think we have a good chance of taking a wildcard spot.
This team is playing inspired football.
Hi guys , first ever post in here and living in the U.K. I wouldn't try to tell you guys otherwise but my feeling is we will probably lose a game or two but we will do enough to secure a wild card spot .
The bigger picture is that the team is finally moving in the right direction and the future looks bright
I'll be a believer if they win that Dec. 24 game in Buffalo. Despite every great thing this team is doing, that still looms as a major hurdle. If they keep winning until then, even if they drop 1 - they should be in the playoff hunt at that point. That will be a huge game, and one that I will be at. Will they win it, or piss all over themselves like in 2013? Time will tell. If they win, I'll no longer be afraid to get excited about this team.
I could come up with many counter arguments. And if I were betting I'd bet against 12-4. But what's the point. There is no correct answer yet. All we can do is wait and see. And reality is I want you to be right.
Personally, I'm not really thinking about week 17 or even about the Ravens yet. I'm not saying this to be cliche'. I don't believe that it matters one iota if I take it one game at a time or look ahead b/c I'm not playing or coaching. I just kind of enjoy the process of thinking about the next opponent.

"rafael wrote:
I could come up with many counter arguments. And if I were betting I'd bet against 12-4. But what's the point. There is no correct answer yet. All we can do is wait and see. And reality is I want you to be right.
Personally, I'm not really thinking about week 17 or even about the Ravens yet. I'm not saying this to be cliche'. I don't believe that it matters one iota if I take it one game at a time or look ahead b/c I'm not playing or coaching. I just kind of enjoy the process of thinking about the next opponent.
Of course you could...anyone can. The odds of Miami running the table in these last six games is very small. But they SHOULD win 4 of the six that they're favored in (49ers, Jets, Arizona, Ravens). It also helps that we're facing the worst run D in football this week to give our offense some confidence and get back on track for what we're wanting to do as a team.
Also, I'd almost say that the Bills game is tougher than the Pats because where we will have to play it. But if everything unfolds as expected, we will be on a 9 game winning streak at that time. Or maybe the Ravens shock us and we've won 8 of 9. But the growth we're seeing is staggering and I like our chances.
I know it's a flawed opinion but hey, it's the only one I have. =)
"MonstBlitz wrote:
I'll be a believer if they win that Dec. 24 game in Buffalo. Despite every great thing this team is doing, that still looms as a major hurdle. If they keep winning until then, even if they drop 1 - they should be in the playoff hunt at that point. That will be a huge game, and one that I will be at. Will they win it, or piss all over themselves like in 2013? Time will tell. If they win, I'll no longer be afraid to get excited about this team.
I've been sick lately with a lot of extra time on my hands (recovering from a heart attack), and everything I see says we should have a real shot at the playoffs if we beat the Ravens and win 3 other games. Then if we beat the Bills or Pats, our odds go above 99%. If we lose to both, we're around 50% and dependent on the AFC West to have one team crumble...which will likely happen considering they all have hard schedules.
So 5-1 and beating Baltimore SHOULD lock a Wild Card, or 6-0 with an additional Pats loss takes the division. A 4-2 record means that there is a lot of math involved and it's too early to call.
New England still has the Jets twice, the Rams, the Ravens, the Broncos and us, which is one of the easiest remaining schedules in the league. But hey, we all know how the Jets love to play spoilers, so anything is possible. The Broncos should challenge them as well.
Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.
Sorry to hear about your heart attack Key. Here's to a full recovery and a more happy and healthy life moving forward!!!
Tanking is like taking a Greyhound bus cross-country. Sure, it may eventually get you where you want to go, but it’s messy and unpleasant and uncomfortable, it stinks, the entire time you’ll be wishing you weren’t there, and not everybody along for the ride is going to make it to the end. - Quote stolen from Deadspin
"GARDENHEAD wrote:
Sorry to hear about your heart attack Key. Here's to a full recovery and a more happy and healthy life moving forward!!!
Thanks. I'm fine now- it was a good thing since it revealed I had some abnormal blockages; the heart attack probably saved my life and gave me a new lease on life. That's just one of the reasons I'm so annoyingly positive here lately. =)
Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.
A win is a win is a win. Good teams barely beat bad teams all the time. yes, this looks to be a playoff but not Super Bowl contender, but shoot, after what we've been through since Dan retired who cares. We beat AZ and Baltimore and I'll breathe a sigh of relief. San Diego was a good win. Niners should be another but don't overlook them.
"KeyFin wrote:
Thanks. I'm fine now- it was a good thing since it revealed I had some abnormal blockages; the heart attack probably saved my life and gave me a new lease on life. That's just one of the reasons I'm so annoyingly positive here lately. =)
Glad to hear you're doing as well as can be expected in this situation, sorry to hear that it happened at all, but best wishes on your recovery!

"KeyFin wrote:
Of course you could...anyone can. The odds of Miami running the table in these last six games is very small. But they SHOULD win 4 of the six that they're favored in (49ers, Jets, Arizona, Ravens). It also helps that we're facing the worst run D in football this week to give our offense some confidence and get back on track for what we're wanting to do as a team.
Also, I'd almost say that the Bills game is tougher than the Pats because where we will have to play it. But if everything unfolds as expected, we will be on a 9 game winning streak at that time. Or maybe the Ravens shock us and we've won 8 of 9. But the growth we're seeing is staggering and I like our chances.
I know it's a flawed opinion but hey, it's the only one I have. =)
The Ravens game is the one I'm most scared of, especially if we are missing OL starters. They are a top 5 defense in points per game and overall yards per play and number 1 against the run (per play). Also, their offense has not been playing well but they can make plays.
It's going to be a huge test for us.
"Brasfin wrote:
The Ravens game is the one I'm most scared of, especially if we are missing OL starters. They are a top 5 defense in points per game and overall yards per play and number 1 against the run (per play). Also, their offense has not been playing well but they can make plays.
It's going to be a huge test for us.
I agree, that's the one I'm the most worried about as well....and it may be the most important game on our remaining schedule.
Winning football games at any level comes down to winning in the trenches.

