Interesting Tweet
59 replies
"maynard wrote:
Why is he hugging her in the first place
Well Maynard, sometimes when a man loves a wom--
Wait, you mean his boss, Aponte? Ho on the side :confused2:
Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.
"maynard wrote:
Why is he hugging her in the first place
Why do they meet on a daily basis? Why is she at every practice? The answer is obvious, but many here are not willing to embrace the truth.
Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
“Come on, shake your body baby, do that conga!”
"Fame wrote:
Well the owner of the team can do whatever he wants, whenever he wants. If he wanted to fire Philbin at half time he could have.I'm not saying that's what happened. Just pointing out the speculation of the tweet.
I wouldn't put it past Ross to have an interview live on CBS with a potential HC this week...
Then have Ireland interview somebody for the GM position...
Wouldn't be surprised at all.
Brian Flores when asked about tanking: “Again, no we’re not (tanking). We’re going to try to win every game. I think that’s disrespectful to even say that.”
:rimshot:
did aponte shoot his wife a venomous "look" then follow joe onto the bus, ride in his lap to the airport whispering sweetly in his ear and stroking his semi bald pate?? these are the details the world wants to know, we must know!!,,,,,,,,,,,,, not
"Stringer Bell wrote:
Why do they meet on a daily basis? Why is she at every practice? The answer is obvious, but many here are not willing to embrace the truth.
Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
They're making sweet sweet love.
Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.
Joe Philbin and an affair? Just seems crazy.
"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one." GRRM, ADWD
I dunno....but...its only been two years since the passing of his son, who died just after new years two years ago. Given that its so close to the holidays, and his somber demeanor, and the show of affection from both Aponte and his wife...
Maybe he's having a hard time with the death of his son during the holidays. I mean...I know I would be. Hell, Id be a mess every Christmas.
"The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning"
Pele
"ckparrothead wrote:
It's just a very strange relationship, between he and Aponte.
Is the capologist usually in the tunnel?
“If you told me A-Rod flew on a spaceship from Mars to here, I wouldn't be surprised."--thephins.com poster Ray Finkle on A-Rod
It's just odd that Aponte, who is essentially a cap and contracts person, is this involved with the head coach.
She's a bean counter, yet she has inserted herself into public relations (writing his speeches and prepping him for press conferences) and she hangs around practice.
I presume she's making a power play and has glommed on to Philbin since Ross really likes him for whatever reason. Probably angling to be the first female GM. she'll put Brian Gaine in charge of scouting/personnell and then she and Philbin will make the selections. And we will be in for another decade of crap.
After that game, every person in the locker room should be scared for their job.
We're all here because we're all not there.
"Stringer Bell wrote:
LOL he hugged Dawn before his wife
Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
That tweet doesnt imply that Dawn and Philbins wife were even standing together or,close by one another when the hugs took place. Aponte might have been closer to the locker rooms and his wife could`ve been waiting for him elsewhere. It might have been a "hang in there" hug from Aponte for all we know and then Philbin met up with is wife, hugged her ,then went to the bus. If there IS something else between them two I personally dont care. JUST WIN SUNDAY!
"schmolioot wrote:
It's just odd that Aponte, who is essentially a cap and contracts person, is this involved with the head coach.
She's a bean counter, yet she has inserted herself into public relations (writing his speeches and prepping him for press conferences) and she hangs around practice.
I presume she's making a power play and has glommed on to Philbin since Ross really likes him for whatever reason. Probably angling to be the first female GM. she'll put Brian Gaine in charge of scouting/personnell and then she and Philbin will make the selections. And we will be in for another decade of crap.
That certainly sounds like what may be coming.
"schmolioot wrote:
It's just odd that Aponte, who is essentially a cap and contracts person, is this involved with the head coach.
She's a bean counter, yet she has inserted herself into public relations (writing his speeches and prepping him for press conferences) and she hangs around practice.
Wouldn't the logical conclusion be that she is more than just a "bean counter"?
Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
“Come on, shake your body baby, do that conga!”
You guys need cable or something. Much ado about nothing.
And I have yet to see any evidence that his relationship with Dawn is weird. But let the wild allegations continue.
"Larryfinfan wrote:
Wait, you think Ross just told him that he'd not be returning next year, after this loss...but he'll coach the last game of the season ?? If he got bad news about his employment, it would most likely be that he was fired NOW, not that he'll be allowed to coach this last game and then be fired... Look, he was solemn because his team got their butts handed to them by a team they should have beaten. I just can't see how you'd make that determination from that tweet...
I wasn't pointing out my personal opinion, just what the tweet was implying. But way to jump down my throat for it.

"Samphin wrote:
You guys need cable or something. Much ado about nothing.
And I have yet to see any evidence that his relationship with Dawn is weird. But let the wild allegations continue.
Okay so, did Joe's wife and Dawn then share a long and passionate kiss?
Who knows but the man has been through hell in a few years time. First you lose your son, then you take a HC job with all the pressure of the world, then you have the national media spectacle of Martin/Incognito. You finally have a chance to say we prevailed and make the playoffs and you show up and lay an egg. I would have to say I would need more than a ****ing hug. He is probably the only person who has had the **** kicked out of him worse than Tannehill this year. He might not be coach of the year, but he is one hell of a man.
Besides, an interesting tweet is something like: "That's strange, I don't remember eating corn."
It's the gift that keeps on giving.
some of you are really pathetic, ya know.
Don't throw to Venus on a Spider-3 Y-Banana
"Stringer Bell wrote:
LOL he hugged Dawn before his wife
Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
took until post 15 before someone noticed that lol..
Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!
"Triggercut wrote:
some of you are really pathetic, ya know.
iknowrite?
Twitter @Silver_Hornet (follow me and I'll follow you, just let me know who you are on here!
"Georgia Fin wrote:
Who knows but the man has been through hell in a few years time. First you lose your son, then you take a HC job with all the pressure of the world, then you have the national media spectacle of Martin/Incognito. You finally have a chance to say we prevailed and make the playoffs and you show up and lay an egg. I would have to say I would need more than a ****ing hug. He is probably the only person who has had the **** kicked out of him worse than Tannehill this year. He might not be coach of the year, but he is one hell of a man.Besides, an interesting tweet is something like: "That's strange, I don't remember eating corn."
Excellent post. Im indifferent on Philbin as a coach but he definitely has my respect as a person. I'd be surprised if be doesn't get a 3rd year and I'm on board with that.
"BigNastyDB13 wrote:
Excellent post. Im indifferent on Philbin as a coach but he definitely has my respect as a person. I'd be surprised if be doesn't get a 3rd year and I'm on board with that.
Being a good, tough person doesn't automatically make him a good football coach though. Respect for his emotional toughness is not enough to warrant job security. We shouldn't keep a HC simply because he's been through a lot of personal and professional turmoil.

"Triggercut wrote:
some of you are really pathetic, ya know.
yeah pathetic
"Fame wrote:
Being a good, tough person doesn't automatically make him a good football coach though. Respect for his emotional toughness is not enough to warrant job security. We shouldn't keep a HC simply because he's been through a lot of personal and professional turmoil.
No one said he should be kept due to what he's been through. The point was who the hell cares who he hugged and when he hugged them? If that is interesting to you then have fun watching the next riveting episode of The View.
It's the gift that keeps on giving.


