Kiper's 1st 2011 Big Board
264 replies
"Boomer wrote:
I tell you one of the players that's impressed me most this season is actually another Tiger, Marcus Gilchrist. Good, good player.
I thought he's been flying a little under the radar while McDaniel and Bowers are getting the attention, kinda like how Clemons did.
Speaking of Fairley, what'd you think of the MLB, Bynes, for Auburn? I've only seen him twice this year but he's seemed impressive.

"Boomer wrote:
If he's 270 as Todd says then probably at OLB. But Miami are set with Wake and Misi. I mean they're really good. I could see a lighter pass rusher like a Dontay Moch being a target as a 3rd down, spelling Wake type.
Yeah he's busting his butt to lean up and transform himself. Mentally he's "there". I only hope he goes top 5 so the Pats cant get their grubby fingers on him!

"Boomer wrote:
Interesting. Nice to see Akeem Ayers so high. The Ras-I-Dowling, Allen Bailey thing I just don't get. Dowling's been hurt much of the year and I just don't get it. Bailey I'll never understand. Cam Hayward is so much better. Gabe Carimi should be higher than Castonzo. Von Miller's a really, really good player. Nick Fairly behind Drake Nevis is nonsense. Pure and simple. Plus he's a junior. Kyle Rudolph that high is nonsense.
Regarding Bailey, do you remember if McShay had Gholston rated high too? I don't get the Rudolph thing either. Has he had a foot injury at all this year that I didn't know about b/c he always seems like he's running with shoes 4 sizes too big?

"ToddsPhins wrote:
Regarding Bailey, do you remember if McShay had Gholston rated high too? I don't get the Rudolph thing either. Has he had a foot injury at all this year that I didn't know about b/c he always seems like he's running with shoes 4 sizes too big?
On October 10th of 2007 he had Gholston ranked at #19 ... all I could find with a quick search of their archived data base
Edit: Just found another in March 2008 where he had him at #15
"ToddsPhins wrote:
I thought he's been flying a little under the radar while McDaniel and Bowers are getting the attention, kinda like how Clemons did.
Speaking of Fairley, what'd you think of the MLB, Bynes, for Auburn? I've only seen him twice this year but he's seemed impressive.
Josh is OK. He can be a bit of a liability in coverage. He's OK in the box, can get to the perimeter but isn't an athlete. He's OK.
I am the sweat not the swagger.

"ToddsPhins wrote:
Regarding Bailey, do you remember if McShay had Gholston rated high too? I don't get the Rudolph thing either. Has he had a foot injury at all this year that I didn't know about b/c he always seems like he's running with shoes 4 sizes too big?
I don't know mate. I pay so little attention to McShay that I really couldn't tell.
I am the sweat not the swagger.

"Boomer wrote:
Josh is OK. He can be a bit of a liability in coverage. He's OK in the box, can get to the perimeter but isn't an athlete. He's OK.
and that's what sucks about catching someone only a few times b/c that doesn't mean anything about consistency. He was all over the field making plays against Clemson, but I wasn't sure much about him after that.

"Boomer wrote:
No Christian Ponder?
As usual, I'm late to the party, but Christian Ponder? Really? Me not likee one bit.
We can forgive a man for making a useful thing as long as he does not admire it. The only reason for making a useless thing is that one admires it intensely. All art is quite useless.
PFW Scouting report on some Big Ten Blockers:
http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/11/04/big-ten-blockers-gain-draft-traction
I've watched Ijalana. Incredibly raw prospect but BIG. I saw Szczur play once. Small guy with pretty good quickness that runs a ton of crossing routes. Drive route, shallow cross, etc. He's actually done some Wildcat for them too. I saw him do it once and albeit it was against small school, he ran it OK. Won't do it in the pros though.
I'm still not feeling Kerrigan.
I like Broyles.
Fairley is talented.
"Gunner wrote:
PFW Scouting report on some Big Ten Blockers:
http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/11/04/big-ten-blockers-gain-draft-traction
I stopped reading after Moffitt and Carimi. He gets paid for that 'analysis'?
I am the sweat not the swagger.

"Stitches wrote:
I'm a pretty big Nevis fan, but how is he rated above Fairley?
Just saw this. I can see why.
Patrick Peterson of LSU is expected to enter the NFL Draft.
Jake Locker has a hairline rib fracture, which I did not know about. I thought he just hurt his rib.
"Boomer wrote:
I stopped reading after Moffitt and Carimi. He gets paid for that 'analysis'?
I guess we'll file him in the McShay category :lol:
New Update:
1Andrew Luck *
QB 6-4 235
Analysis: It's not just the innate skills; the improvement is evident. Luck's completion percentage is up a full 10 percent over last season. Last week: No. 1
2 A.J. Green *
WR 6-4 207
Analysis: A tough day against Florida proved less about Green, and more about his team's inability to get him the ball when he gets open. Last week: No. 2
3 Prince Amukamara
CB 6-1 202
Analysis: I'd be more concerned about Amukamara's zero interceptions in 2010 if any QB was willing to challenge him. Can he learn how to bait? Last week: No. 3
4 Patrick Peterson *
CB 6-1 211
Analysis: Amazing size-speed combo. If you think QBs are smart to avoid him (they do), maybe punters should too. Peterson averages 19.7 yards per return. Last week: No. 4
5 Robert Quinn *
DE 6-4 267
Analysis: A freakish athlete with decent size, great quickness and pass-rush skills. Ineligible for the year, but scouts still in awe of talent. Last week: No. 5
6 Marcell Dareus *
DE 6-3 306
Analysis: Dareus could be a 3-4 DE, but I think he's better suited as a 4-3 DT. Leads Bama in TFL, though Dareus plays the line better than he penetrates. Last week: No. 6
7 Da'Quan Bowers *
DE 6-4 277
Analysis: Led the country in TFL until this past week, when he didn't notch one for first time since Sept. 11. Total package as a possible 4-3 DE at the NFL level. Last week: No. 7
8 Nick Fairley *
DT 6-5 310
Analysis: One dominating performance has become many. Explosive, instinctive and has a great motor. His 18 TFL is second overall nationally. Last week: No. 8
9 Ryan Mallett*
QB 6-7 238
Analysis: Has improved accuracy and can drill the deep intermediate routes. Since 3-INT Bama game, has just 2 picks against 8 TDs in last four. Last week: No. 10
10 Mark Ingram *
RB 5-10 216
Analysis: Averaging more yards per rush than he did last year, when he won the Heisman. Stats down, but splitting reps doesn't hurt his stock. Last week: No. 9
11 Adrian Clayborn
DE 6-3 282
Analysis: Clayborn isn't down as much as others have moved up, but expect a close look at his tapes. Just 6 TFL, and rush skills a question. Last week: No. 11
12 Ryan Kerrigan
DE 6-4 259
Analysis: Kerrigan has epitomized "disruptive" this year. He leads the nation in TFL and is suited to be a pass-rushing 3-4 OLB, but could still add size. Last week: No. 12
13 Julio Jones *
WR 6-4 211
Analysis: Solid this year, showing toughness in playing hurt and better concentration. His 43 catches already just two off last year's total of 45. Last week: No. 13
14 Allen Bailey
DE 6-4 288
Analysis: Still developing at DE after switch last year. Still has better physical skills than overall production, but leading team in sacks for third year in a row. Last week: No. 14
15 Akeem Ayers *
OLB 6-4 251
Analysis: His exceptional athleticism makes him so versatile. Consider that he leads Bruins in both TFL and INTs. Can play all over the football field. Last week. No. 15
16 Jake Locker
QB 6-3 228
Analysis: This year has been a borderline disaster, given Locker's talents. Now dinged, has to already be thinking about draft preparation, workouts. Last week: No. 16
17
Justin Houston *
LB 6-3 258
Analysis: My top-rated OLB for his class, I think the draft market will come around on Houston, who has prototype 3-4 OLB size and developing skills. Last week: No. 17
18 Nate Solder
OT 6-9 313
Analysis: Bounced back after a soft start. Physical freak with improving skills, he's also very smart. Should dominate in the workout phase. Last week: No. 20
19 Derek Sherrod
OT 6-6 305
Analysis: Debuted two weeks ago. An athlete who moves his feet well, Sherrod has been steady against good players and continues to improve. Last week: No. 22
20 Cameron Heyward
DE 6-6 282
Analysis: Up and down this season, troublesome for the strong, versatile player, as consistency was a concern. But versatile, powerful. Last week: No. 19
21 Gabe Carimi
OT 6-7 327
Analysis: Has had a fantastic month, battling great competition to a standstill. Last year Carimi got beat by speed too often, but his footwork has improved. Last week: No. 23
22 Jon Baldwin *
WR 6-5 225
Analysis: Great physical skills and size, Baldwin has had a rocky season -- mainly wildly inconsistent -- but QB issues have also dogged Pitt. Last week: No. 21
23 Anthony Castonzo
OT 6-7 306
Analysis: Smart, reliable offensive tackle; solid footwork and ideal body type, though could add lower-body strength. Solid work last week vs. Bowers. Last week: NR
24 Ras-I Dowling
CB 6-2 200
Analysis: Dowling has felt the freeze with QBs not throwing in his direction. Story of season, however, has been health, or lack thereof. Drops this week. Last week: No. 18
25 Marvin Austin
DT 6-3 305
Analysis: Austin isn't eligible, and his place here is tenuous as other prospects emerge, but his talent is of the first-round variety. Holding on -- for now. Last week: No. 25
"alen1 wrote:
Just saw this. I can see why.
Why? I think Nevis has been very good, but Fairley has been downright dominant.
2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)
22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU
"Stitches wrote:
Why? I think Nevis has been very good, but Fairley has been downright dominant.
Work ethic is in favor of Nevis.
Nate Solder is a guy that I have felt Miami would show strong interest in when draft time rolls around. He's got that Paul Bunyan build that these guys like in their offensive linemen.
The top OT on the board by then may very well be Derrick Sherrod though. He's likely the leading candidate for the Jacob's Trophy in the SEC. It will likely be between Sherrod and Auburn's Lee Ziemba.
How do you guys feel about Marcus Cannon (TCU) at RT or even LG?

"ToddsPhins wrote:
How do you guys feel about Marcus Cannon (TCU) at RT or even LG?
I like Cannon a lot. Good player.
I am the sweat not the swagger.

"alen1 wrote:
Work ethic is in favor of Nevis.
Fairley is a far superior player.
I am the sweat not the swagger.

"Boomer wrote:
I like Cannon a lot. Good player.
Would he be an upgrade over Carey so Vern could move inside?.... Or is he more of a Carl Nicks LG?
Question Boom: If you knew that Cannon would be an elite LG, would you draft him for $30 million less than we'd pay Nicks or Mankins?..... or would you sign Nicks or Mankins in order to save a hypothetical 2nd round pick?

Ok, Nevis was pretty dominant today.
2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)
22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU
If we go with a D-Back I hope we go after Texas Longhorn Aaron Williams. He's 6'1", great speed, nose for the ball and I love how he tackles.