1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kyle Orton, Carson Palmer or stay with Chad Henne/Matt Moore?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Paul 13, Aug 3, 2011.

Which QB woud you rather have?

Poll closed Sep 2, 2011.
  1. Kyle Orton

12 vote(s)
    15.8%
  2. Carson Palmer

29 vote(s)
    38.2%
  3. Chad Henne / Matt Moore

35 vote(s)
    46.1%
  1. smahtaz

smahtaz Pimpin Ain't Easy

I voted for Henne/Moore because I think Henne got hosed last year and deserves another shot. All of those inane Wildcat calls on 1[SUP]st[/SUP] and 10 around midfield and then asking him to come in and convert 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] and 9 with a play action pass made my head spin. I’m one of those that really like the WC but not when the team is already moving the football in rhythm.

I just figured Henning didn’t get his nap and fell asleep in his box. When the assistant nudged him he woke up and yelled “Wildcat”. That’s the only explanation I can come up with.

Palmer quits on his team and yet people are voting for him as an option. I guess it shouldn’t surprise me considering plenty of posters have already stated it was perfectly reasonable to boo a guy during drills on day 3 of training camp for having a pass tipped.

The bottom line for me is that Sparano gets to sink or swim with whomever he wants after the Harbaugh fiasco.

Paul 13 likes this.
  2. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

Palmer

Paul 13 likes this.
  3. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    :lol: I think it makes perfect sense. Both players have been rumored to be coming here all offseason. It's not my fault that you'd rather have Vince Young in the poll.

4. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    waah.. you win... waaah!

5. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    Gish was right about you.

6. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    like I said ^ and ^

7. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

As much as I like Henne..I would go Palmer. A new home would energize him....and he would easily be the better of the three options if he stayed healthy.

8. Ophinerated

Ophinerated Preposterous!

Apr 1, 2008
    I see... so now I am whining because I made a statement? I think I just got rick-trolled. :smackhead:

9. Da 'Fins

Da 'Fins Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    So, as of 12 midnight EST, August 3, 31 people (49%) will be extremely disappointed in how wrong they are with their choice for QB by season's end. And, we'll know for sure about this b/c the Dolphins are not going to get either Orton or Palmer.

10. TheMageGandalf

TheMageGandalf Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    FLORIDA
    Palmer. Right now.

Right now, I look at the team and say we are mediocre again and end up too good to get a QB, to bad to go anywhere this season.

So you get Palmer and suddenly I think we have a shot at the 2nd round, maybe more. I think he is a clear upgrade.

I am not a suck for anything person. So forget the suck for Luck deal. If we suck, then we suck, but we dont do it on purpose.

Ask again after the pre-season and you may get a different answer if Henne's play has improved and if the defense has gotten even better (ie. Wilson is the real deal at safety and Soliai is still cracking heads like a monster that dont belong to teammates).

11. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    ummm no... well ummm.. er... forget it...

12. JDelenne

JDelenne Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    I voted for Henne before I read the opening post.... I guess my actual opinion would be Palmer but I think I might still pick Henne. I really like Henne... for what reason I really don't know.. but I want him to have a REAL chance to play without being cuffed by Henning and I know that if he doesn't get the chance this year he will probably just end up as another #2 QB for any team. It might happen regardless but I want to see what he's got one last time.

13. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    To the 34 of you who voted to get Orton/Palmer, I guess we should have just kept Dan Henning as our Offensive Coordinator then, huh?

The problem was OBVIOUSLY Chad Henne and not the "picture perfect" play calling coming from the OC. :smackhead:

14. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    Can't make chicken salad out of chicken ****. Hey I still want Henne to do well, I really do, I have his jersey. But, it's not all coaching, it's not all on Henne either. But you can't fix decision making and inaccuracy. He struggled with both of those last year. Keep watching and let me know how he does this year. I suspect I know the answer.

15. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

I disagree with your observation there. Dan Henning had more then his share of the blame for last seasons offensive collapse. And..I believe Henne can be a very good QB. But if given the chance right now...with the team we have...if you could land Carson Palmer, I think you have to go with a QB who has proven to play at a pro bowl level. He is an intelligent QB, who has had to endure being part of a franchise that was less then stellar most of the time. I do think, given a chance at a new "life" so to speak....Carson could be a very good QB for the next few seasons.

As well....I was of the opinion that we see what we have in Henne, and then if we see he is not the QB to build around, we figure out how to land one of the top QB's in next seasons draft.

That was until CK explained that because of the new CBA, that scenario is going to be VERY HARD to pull off now. A good percentage of people feel that this team with Henne playing like he did last season....a repeat of a 7-9, 8-8 season is very likely. We have a very good D...should have a good running game. It would be very difficult to argue this team finishes bad enough to be in the top ten draft picks next season. Because of the way rookie salaries are structured.....teams are not going to be looking at trading out of those picks like they did in the past.

We're kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place....to be honest. Thats why...given the current environment....as much as a like Henne...I believe Carson Palmer would give this team the best chance to go far into the playoffs for the next few seasons....

16. RevRick

RevRick Long Haired Leaping Gnome Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Thomasville, GA
    Have you ever tried to argue logically with an Old F@+t? It doesn't work. I know, I have to do it at least once a week, and usually more often. (I am 62 by the way, but around here that still qualifies as a young whippersnapper!) By the time they have reached or are ready for retirement, they usually don't want anything to interfere with what they do they way they always have done it no matter what doesn't happen as it was designed. And when it does fail, they usually retort to any comment suggesting that a change might be in order with "I've been doing this since before your were born. You just do what you're told and stop making stupid decisions on your own!" I can imagine that happening during last season.

Given that... I'd think that what we saw out of Henne last year was a combination of knowing what really should be done conflicting with what he was told to do compounded by frustration because if he made the decision he knew he should make he would catch a ration of bovine excrement on the sidelines whether the play worked or not crossed with the aggravation of knowing that what he was going to do was going to fail anyway because it was not right for the situation which down and distance called for at that particular point of the game anyway. Now, try processing that in your head in the 3 or so seconds Henne has to decide what to do with the ball. Add to this that he was a second year starting QB behind a questionable (at best) offensive line and no functional running game. To me that would indicate that with a change in OC, improvement (I hope) in the Offensive Line play, and perhaps a modicum of success in the running game, we ought to see some improvement in the QB play.

To me, last year was akin to sending a knight out to face the dragon with no armor, a pitchfork instead of a lance, a butter knife instead of a sword, and a donkey to ride - and then b!#@#!$* about having to treat him for burns when he came back in and for allowing the dragon to enjoy donkey ribs for lunch!

JMHPhin likes this.
  17. JMHPhin

JMHPhin Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Ohio
    I dont disagree. However, I know the poll says just who would u want w/o any other factor, in that case yes Palmer. There is no compensation given, we just have him. Simple. Nice discussion but meaningless because we do have to trade for him. Because it may be hard doesnt mean impossible and if I have to overpay I would rather overpay for a franchise type qb rather than a retread from 3 other teams. Band Aids have got us nowhere, Orton is a band aid. Palmer aint happening, I live in Ohio and lived near Cinci for 3 years, Brown will not trade Palmer period. If you propsed a Ricky Williams type deal it could sway him, but doubtful. Mike Brown knows he is a cheap bastard and that he wont even hire a full front office to evaluate talent, and that if he opens a door, the floodgates would open. He wont do it, so while I dont agree with Killer on everything, it is the same thing saying I will take Brady and Manning, even tho it wasnt in teh poll. It is teh same thing, it nice board fodder but in reality isnt happening.

But just answering the question, of course Palmer

18. Paul 13

Dec 3, 2007
    I'm disappointed in myself for not having the foresight to include Brett Phavre in the poll.

19. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Someones an unhappy camper.....

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_18621060?source=bb