LeBatard Story on Dolphins
28 replies
Today I was on my way home from work and was stuck in traffic and caught part of LeBatard's show on the radio. They were talking about random weird stories they've come across in the NFL. One was that Charles Haley used to masturbate during film sessions with the Cowboys. I think Darren Woodson was going to be on later in the show or sometime this week and were going to ask him about it.
They talked about Olin Kreutz when he went to New Orleans got into a fight with the offensive coordinator either after a practice or game and had to be pulled off of the coordinator and was going to turn and throw a haymaker only to realize it was Drew Brees who was trying to separate them. Kreutz refused to apologize to the coordinator and promptly retired.
LeBatard started leading into a story about the Dolphins, and I was expecting him to talk about the time Larry Izzo took a dump on the sidelines in the middle of the game, but that's not where LeBatard went with it. He and Stu were recalling some story about how there was a fight at practice one time and one of the participants left practice and allegedly went out to his truck to get a gun, which is about as bizarre a thing I've heard of.
Naturally, as they were trying to think about who the players were my boss called so I missed the tail end of the story.
Anyone know what incident they're referring to and what the rest of the story was? I did a quick Google search on it on my phone and nothing came up. Just thought it was interesting and this was the first I've ever heard about this.
@KevinMD4
"RoninFin4 wrote:
Today I was on my way home from work and was stuck in traffic and caught part of LeBatard's show on the radio. They were talking about random weird stories they've come across in the NFL. One was that Charles Haley used to masturbate during film sessions with the Cowboys. I think Darren Woodson was going to be on later in the show or sometime this week and were going to ask him about it.
They talked about Olin Kreutz when he went to New Orleans got into a fight with the offensive coordinator either after a practice or game and had to be pulled off of the coordinator and was going to turn and throw a haymaker only to realize it was Drew Brees who was trying to separate them. Kreutz refused to apologize to the coordinator and promptly retired.
LeBatard started leading into a story about the Dolphins, and I was expecting him to talk about the time Larry Izzo took a dump on the sidelines in the middle of the game, but that's not where LeBatard went with it. He and Stu were recalling some story about how there was a fight at practice one time and one of the participants left practice and allegedly went out to his truck to get a gun, which is about as bizarre a thing I've heard of.
Naturally, as they were trying to think about who the players were my boss called so I missed the tail end of the story.
Anyone know what incident they're referring to and what the rest of the story was? I did a quick Google search on it on my phone and nothing came up. Just thought it was interesting and this was the first I've ever heard about this.
We didn't get a name? How very incognito.
Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.
Lol.. Bet it was Channing.. Can see him doing it just to be crazy.. But I don't think anyone would have actually used it.
"The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning"
Pele
"lmeister3 wrote:
We didn't get a name? How very incognito.
Look at you making funny puns! :lol:
Well done sir, well done :up:
Is John Denney gonna have to choke a *****?
Release the Kraken!
Had to be Greg Camarillo
Co-Host of the Welcome to Perfectville Podcast

I'd tend to think it would be a Shula-years type thing. Nowadays something like that would almost certainly leak.
"RoninFin4 wrote:
Today I was on my way home from work and was stuck in traffic and caught part of LeBatard's show on the radio. They were talking about random weird stories they've come across in the NFL. One was that Charles Haley used to masturbate during film sessions with the Cowboys. I think Darren Woodson was going to be on later in the show or sometime this week and were going to ask him about it.
They talked about Olin Kreutz when he went to New Orleans got into a fight with the offensive coordinator either after a practice or game and had to be pulled off of the coordinator and was going to turn and throw a haymaker only to realize it was Drew Brees who was trying to separate them. Kreutz refused to apologize to the coordinator and promptly retired.
LeBatard started leading into a story about the Dolphins, and I was expecting him to talk about the time Larry Izzo took a dump on the sidelines in the middle of the game, but that's not where LeBatard went with it. He and Stu were recalling some story about how there was a fight at practice one time and one of the participants left practice and allegedly went out to his truck to get a gun, which is about as bizarre a thing I've heard of.
Naturally, as they were trying to think about who the players were my boss called so I missed the tail end of the story.
Anyone know what incident they're referring to and what the rest of the story was? I did a quick Google search on it on my phone and nothing came up. Just thought it was interesting and this was the first I've ever heard about this.
I recall a story about Haley in his final days with the 49ers where he walked into the office of one of the assistant coaches and urinated on his desk, with the coach in the room.
BTW, that was pretty inconsiderate for your boss to interrupt you like that. You should lay down the law to him, so this does not happen in the future. :shifty:
“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”
― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice
"Disgustipate wrote:
I'd tend to think it would be a Shula-years type thing. Nowadays something like that would almost certainly leak.
If we are going back to Shula's days, and there being a player who was enough of a nut job to go get a gun out of his truck, my first guess would be Brian Sochia.
“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”
― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice
"Disgustipate wrote:
I'd tend to think it would be a Shula-years type thing. Nowadays something like that would almost certainly leak.
And the media would cover it nonstop.
Dan Marino after Tom Olivadotti suggested that maybe they try "running the ball for once."
That sounds like it might've been the Michael Stewart/Gene Atkins thing.
"Fins Hipster wrote:
That sounds like it might've been the Michael Stewart/Gene Atkins thing.
What was that? I was in 3rd grade when I remember them on the team.
@KevinMD4
"Dolfan330 wrote:
Is John Denney gonna have to choke a *****?
Nah bro. My money is on John Beck.
"Don't get it twisted, motha****ah, I will **** yo **** up. You just a straight ***** *****. I'm from the streets, *****."
-John Beck
Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.
"MrClean wrote:
I recall a story about Haley in his final days with the 49ers where he walked into the office of one of the assistant coaches and urinated on his desk, with the coach in the room.
BTW, that was pretty inconsiderate for your boss to interrupt you like that. You should lay down the law to him, so this does not happen in the future. :shifty:
I know, right? Fortunately he gives me plenty of freedom and is also a UD alum and occasionally gives me tickets, so I can't really lay down the law. His direct boss, our company's owner, is the son of Bill DeWitt, the St. Louis Cardinals owner. As a Reds fan, I'm working on getting in his good graces so I can sabotage a meeting with the Cardinals brass...if they ever come into our office. :shifty:
That's an awesome Charles Haley tidbit!
@KevinMD4
Gene Atkins would be my guess as well. He had a history of such things. Made Ray Rice look tame.
Former Miami Dolphins safety Gene Atkins was shot with a Taser stun gun and jailed late Sunday after fighting with police officers at his home during a domestic violence call, Pembroke Pines police said.
Atkins, 39, faces 20 criminal charges, including battery, false imprisonment, resisting arrest with violence and aggravated assault of a law enforcement officer. He remains in the Broward County jail, denied bail on at least one charge.
My guess is Daryl Gardener.
Is there a podcast so that we can find out for sure? I kind of like seeing all the guesses about it though. lol
Pat White pulled a gun on Ted Ginn (and his family) when he called him soft.

Heck i'll take a guess - Bobby Humphreys...wasn't he a big cokehead or something? Seem to remember him having problems. Then again in Miami in the 80's , probably not many weren't
"RickyNeverInhaled wrote:
Is there a podcast so that we can find out for sure? I kind of like seeing all the guesses about it though. lol
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=11974893
Doesn't say. It starts around 19 mins in, then Bomani starts making stupid comments about clearing out and LeBatard turned conversation back to Charles Haley fondling himself, then commercial. lol...
