Let's petition to bring back the old school uni's full time

41 replies

Rock SextonRock SextonForum VeteranOP
Oct 24, 2016, 01:21 PM

Who's with me?

God it felt great seeing those uni's again. I would give anything to ditch re-brand and go back to those beauties.

Stringer BellStringer BellSupporter
Oct 24, 2016, 01:23 PM

Old school jerseys aren't bad but those helmets are hideous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

“Come on, shake your body baby, do that conga!”

DolPhinPhan7DolPhinPhan7Forum Veteran
Oct 24, 2016, 01:24 PM

I like old school jersey. But the 70's era logo is very dated. I still like the one they had from 1997-2013.

jdallen1222jdallen1222Forum Veteran
Oct 24, 2016, 01:33 PM

Where do I sign?

🎃

Oct 24, 2016, 01:37 PM

"Stringer Bell wrote:

Old school jerseys aren't bad but those helmets are hideous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thank you. The uniforms are fine but that old logo belongs in the 60's.

I still prefer our current uniforms but I do like wearing the throwbacks a few times a year.

dolphin25dolphin25Forum Veteran
Oct 24, 2016, 01:46 PM

I love all of the uniform. The helmet!!! the colors, the uniforms!!! LOVE THEM!! I would buy that stuff, have not spent a penny on this new stuff.

Lord help us.

invidinvidSupporter
Oct 24, 2016, 02:03 PM

"Rock Sexton wrote:

Who's with me?

God it felt great seeing those uni's again. I would give anything to ditch re-brand and go back to those beauties.

Phins should find a middle ground between new and throwback jerseys. Throwback Jerseys with the new colors and logo on the helmet.

Oct 24, 2016, 02:14 PM

"dolphin25 wrote:

I love all of the uniform. The helmet!!! the colors, the uniforms!!! LOVE THEM!! I would buy that stuff, have not spent a penny on this new stuff.

They sell PLENTY of stuff with the throwback logo now. Jerseys, hats, jackets, hoodies, t-shirts.

Continuing to wear them a few times a year and offering merchandise is their way to keep those calling for those uniforms full time somewhat happy.

adamprez2003adamprez2003Forum Veteran
Oct 24, 2016, 02:54 PM

I think we should go back to the uniforms and helmet decal we wore when we were undefeated and never change the uniform again.



2019 DRAFT WISH LIST
1) DT Dexter Lawrence - Clemson
2) DE Jaylon Ferguson - Lousiana Tech
3) OG Chris Lindstrom - Boston College
4) CB Amani Oruwariye - Penn State
5) DE Shareef Miller - Penn State
7) C Sean Krepcz - Nevada
7) RB Wes Hills - Slippery Rock

Reporter: "Why did you fire Coach Gase?"
Ross: "Because he wants to win now"

dolphin25dolphin25Forum Veteran
Oct 24, 2016, 02:57 PM

"Rocky Raccoon wrote:

They sell PLENTY of stuff with the throwback logo now. Jerseys, hats, jackets, hoodies, t-shirts.

Continuing to wear them a few times a year and offering merchandise is their way to keep those calling for those uniforms full time somewhat happy.

perhaps where you are , but further from Miami all you get is the new stuff. I like buying current, but I don't like the current so I won't buy it. I do have a sweatshirt that is probably 20 years old that looks new, i found it cleaning out closet yesterday! has the old helmet logon it !!!

Lord help us.

DODolphinGregSupporter
Oct 24, 2016, 03:02 PM

I don't care so much about the uniforms.

I love the field all painted up though! Do that every week!

Jt0323Jt0323Staff
Oct 24, 2016, 03:20 PM

These are what I was hoping back in 2013 when we got new Unis. I love stripes, i love the simple look, and those uniforms with the current logo, would be great!

ForgotMahArrowsForgotMahArrowsNew Member
Oct 24, 2016, 04:18 PM

I would pay some money for this to truly happen.

And I'd take the 'dated' retro logo over that of the almost lifeless aquarium emblem they've got now....

firedanfiredanForum Veteran
Oct 24, 2016, 04:49 PM

Old uniform is a classic,bring it back.

AguaAguaForum Veteran
Oct 24, 2016, 05:57 PM

Old uni & logo 1000x better than this Houston Oiler puff blue and lame dolphin on the new stuff. Black shoes were awesome.

dirtylandrydirtylandryNew Member
Oct 24, 2016, 07:22 PM

It looks like a football uni. The new one doesn't seem sporty, seems more for a party

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of mine and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the website

SilverphinSilverphinForum Veteran
Oct 24, 2016, 07:52 PM

Okay, the 60/70's uniform is good for a throwback. The last logo before this one was trash.

Fin DFin DForum Veteran
Oct 24, 2016, 10:50 PM

You can bring back the uniforms, I guess, the new ones are better though, but burn the previous logos in a dumpster fire and never trot that heinous crap out again.

There is nothing good about them and people ONLY like them because they are used to them.

Oct 24, 2016, 11:30 PM

"Fin D wrote:

You can bring back the uniforms, I guess, the new ones are better though, but burn the previous logos in a dumpster fire and never trot that heinous crap out again.

There is nothing good about them and people ONLY like them because they are used to them.

Fans in general (not just Dolphins) love throwbacks. Whenever a team in any sport wears an old uniform people salivate over them.

I frequent a forum dedicated to uniforms and logos in sports because I'm a nerd and the number of people who post "they should bring those uniforms back" is astounding. Doesn't matter the team or the sport, fans just eat it up. It's a nostalgia thing, IMO.

PandarillaPandarillaForum Veteran
Oct 24, 2016, 11:38 PM

I'd love to, but I have a deep seated fear of being pepper sprayed by mascots... Flippus lachrymaphobia, it's a real thing.

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Oct 24, 2016, 11:44 PM

"Stringer Bell wrote:

Old school jerseys aren't bad but those helmets are hideous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You go straight to hell.

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

OkiePhinOkiePhinForum Veteran
Oct 25, 2016, 12:44 AM

Loved the uniform! Loved the logo! Loved the field!

NolePhin15NolePhin15New Member
Oct 25, 2016, 01:02 AM

Love the jersey and like the logo. It needs to be half that size on the helmets.

Redwine4allRedwine4allForum Veteran
Oct 25, 2016, 07:41 AM

"Rock Sexton wrote:

Who's with me?

God it felt great seeing those uni's again. I would give anything to ditch re-brand and go back to those beauties.

Totally agree. I hate our new pastels.

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Oct 25, 2016, 04:55 PM

Beautiful throwback..gotta have the new logo somehow and the black cleats and I'm in.