Look at this thread

8 replies

KAKanye WestNew MemberOP
Aug 27, 2009, 04:21 PM

To all driver please dont text it is one of the worst things you could do while driving.

YouTube - PSA Texting while Driving, Gwent, U.K., August 2009, Peter Watkins-Hughes, Newport School, Wales

2k52k5Forum Veteran
Aug 27, 2009, 04:26 PM
StitchesStitchesLuxury Box
Aug 27, 2009, 04:26 PM

Re-posting might be worse.

http://forums.thephins.com/showthread.php?t=36230

:tongue2:

2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)

22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU

KAKanye WestNew Member
Aug 27, 2009, 04:31 PM

you can here it more then once

StitchesStitchesLuxury Box
Aug 27, 2009, 04:36 PM

"RonnieBrownTown wrote:

you can here it more then once

What can I here more than once? :shifty:

2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)

22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU

sking29sking29Forum Veteran
Aug 27, 2009, 04:38 PM

"Stitches wrote:

What can I here more than once? :shifty:

And hear is Stitches, the grammar nazi, misspelling hear for the situation. :shifty:

"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it." --Albert Einstein

sking29sking29Forum Veteran
Aug 27, 2009, 05:36 PM

"Aqua4Ever04 wrote:

I hate when things are forced upon me using pure emotion. They really didn't have to do a mock car accident to get their point accross.

I don't know, sometimes actually seeing the results of your actions drives the point home more than anything.

Especially with a generation where if something isn't flashy or doesn't catch their eye it isn't paid attention to (just look at the sales of books vs. the iPhone). :wink2:

"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it." --Albert Einstein

PSGPSGForum Veteran
Aug 27, 2009, 05:53 PM

"Aqua4Ever04 wrote:

It's like those animal cruelty commercials or the adopt a starving child commercials. I can't stand their approach. Get me to feel bad by flashing me visual images to gain my sympathy.

I know about the situation and if I had enough money to contribute, I'd do it. Showing me ailing dogs and starving kids doesn't make my wallet any deeper.

This isn't the same thing at all.
This is trying to illustrate how stupid and dangerous texting while driving is.
I am a courier for FedEX so I see stupid people on the road all the time. Yesterday a guy was texting while driving and had to slam on the brakes and almost rear-ended the car in fron of him. It happened right behind me and I thought for sure there was going to be a collision based on the screeching of tires.
30 seconds later, buddy drives by me and he's still texting.
I felt like following him so I get out and punch him right in the friggin teeth.....Idiot.

sking29sking29Forum Veteran
Aug 27, 2009, 06:10 PM

"Aqua4Ever04 wrote:

It's like those animal cruelty commercials or the adopt a starving child commercials. I can't stand their approach. Get me to feel bad by flashing me visual images to gain my sympathy.

I know about the situation and if I had enough money to contribute, I'd do it. Showing me ailing dogs and starving kids doesn't make my wallet any deeper.

I get what you are saying but that is advertising...visual images get people to pay more attention (largely). What else can they do to get people's attention better than showing the results of something? People generally have short attention spans and flash gets attention. Which is why almost every commercial has colorful characters, explosions, or T&A to get attention...just like big budget "explosion" movies sell more than documentaries, etc. I could be wrong but it seems to me the best way to get attention to this cause is to show what is happening (even if it's sensationalized).

I say the same thing as you about the 'Truth' commercials...everyone knows smoking is bad for you so why make annoying commercials telling us so. Still I'm sure it's made a lot of people think and a bland commercial with scrolling numbers probably wouldn't get the same response.

"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it." --Albert Einstein