[MERGED] Sources close to Tice believe he is Fins next coach

125 replies

Georgia FinGeorgia FinForum Veteran
Jan 12, 2008, 03:59 PM

I just don't buy it. How can he think he's in the running for the job when he hasn't even interviewed for it. I highly doubt the Phins were stealthy enough to sneak him in past everyone, besides wouldnt it have been a violation since JAX played last weekend. I mean we couldn't even hire Lee without the press all over it. I think he's trying to pump up his worth for some interview opportunities with the other teams. I don't believe it at all.

It's the gift that keeps on giving.

FanMarinoFanMarinoNew Member
Jan 12, 2008, 04:01 PM

"Danny wrote:

I don't believe it...like it or not Sparano will be the HC and if not him, then maybe Garret.

Ozzy rules!!

I agree, i cant see it either. No way Tice becomes Miami Dolphins Head Coach. Can you imagine the reaction from AFC East rival fans? Laughing stock springs to mind and rightly so IMO.

REV KEVREV KEVNew Member
Jan 12, 2008, 04:08 PM

Official Trade down and take best OT Supporter (second rd choice best QB)

Jan 12, 2008, 04:10 PM

I read the posts following that article at that Twin Cities Rag. One of em said:

Charlie, I really enjoy your column, but your track record on predicting things such as Tice being named HC of Miami "if..." isn't too good. First you may NOT want to quote people close to Tice who obviously want good things for Tice (I do too). You may want to consider finding sources close to the person who has control over the situation, such as Parcells. My understanding is that people close to Parcells are predicting Spagnola.

I would be shocked if Parcells, a disciplinarian, chooses Tice, "a friend of players". He deserves another shot, I will keep my fingers crossed.

I havent even heard anything about Spagnola. Maybe he MEANT Sparano

I dont believe Parcells would get near Tice with a ten foot pole.

RARalphthedogNew Member
Jan 12, 2008, 04:13 PM

Sources Near Ralph T. Dog Report that he will be offered the Miami Dolphin's head Dolphin Feeder Position. While he hasn't been interviewed yet, Sources from all over the nation feel that he is a natural and will succeed where the previous Dolphin Feeder failed, causing him to be fired.

:)

MImiamitd13Forum Veteran
Jan 12, 2008, 04:15 PM

please no - go Jags and Giants!

KB21KB21Supporter
Jan 12, 2008, 04:17 PM

"Danny wrote:

I don't believe it...like it or not Sparano will be the HC and if not him, then maybe Garret.

Ozzy rules!!

Jason Garrett is not in the mix for the Dolphins head coaching job. Based on what I was told, Tony Sparano is a done deal, and the only other coaches in the mix at this point are Leslie Frazier, Rex Ryan, and Jim Schwartz.

I think this Mike Tice stuff is just someone helping to get his name back out there, though I wouldn't put it passed Bill Parcells to hire him because Tice would give Bill the chance to coach the team from the owners box.

IAFINFANIAFINFANNew Member
Jan 12, 2008, 04:24 PM

I swear I remember reading something that said that Tice and Parcells have the same agent and that they might use this position to try and bring Tice's name back into the mix as an interested parrty ready to be a HC again. That and Tice and Parcell's grew up in the same area. It was on Profootballtalk.com. I know this site has a bad rep, but so far they have been pretty accurate of late with rumors around the NFL.

REV KEVREV KEVNew Member
Jan 12, 2008, 04:28 PM

How about throw gas on me and me light on fire...

Official Trade down and take best OT Supporter (second rd choice best QB)

Roman529Roman529New Member
Jan 12, 2008, 04:31 PM

Ohhh I hope not....Tice seems like a big dope who has to wear a pencil on his ear. PASS!!!

SICKSICKForum Veteran
Jan 12, 2008, 04:35 PM

There is a reason he is not a HC anywhere else right now......

WAWaywardZestNew Member
Jan 12, 2008, 04:37 PM

Sparano is a done deal, and most people know it. Everything else is just speculation.

BuckeyeKingBuckeyeKingNew Member
Jan 12, 2008, 04:38 PM

I hope to god thats not true.

REV KEVREV KEVNew Member
Jan 12, 2008, 04:39 PM

"Nublar7 wrote:

http://www.twincities.com/ci_7939118?source=most_viewed

WTF?

Take it back... I swear take it back...:(

Official Trade down and take best OT Supporter (second rd choice best QB)

endorPHINS72endorPHINS72New Member
Jan 12, 2008, 04:41 PM

I pray for this not to be true.

GO PHINS!!!

MMmmikel30New Member
Jan 12, 2008, 05:28 PM

"Nublar7 wrote:

If this turns out to be true, I think I would actually cry. I couldn't imagine things getting any worse for the Dolphins, and this would be the cherry on top. This would potentially be the worst move in franchise history.

he is no worse than wanny guarantee that

High DefinitionHigh DefinitionNew Member
Jan 12, 2008, 05:43 PM

Might be the first time since I was 5 years old that I won't get season tickets if this comes true.

Kanye West wrote:

I treat the cash like the government treats AIDS - I won't be satisfied till all my people get it.... GET IT?

PMZQPMZQNew Member
Jan 12, 2008, 06:11 PM

"Georgia Fin wrote:

I just don't buy it. How can he think he's in the running for the job when he hasn't even interviewed for it. I highly doubt the Phins were stealthy enough to sneak him in past everyone, besides wouldnt it have been a violation since JAX played last weekend. I mean we couldn't even hire Lee without the press all over it. I think he's trying to pump up his worth for some interview opportunities with the other teams. I don't believe it at all.

Me thinks you are correct Sir !
:ffic:

FiN.in.RIFiN.in.RINew Member
Jan 12, 2008, 06:18 PM

you guys all hate the guy.. that could be a good omen.

As the crowd shook

FiN.in.RIFiN.in.RINew Member
Jan 12, 2008, 06:20 PM

"WaywardZest wrote:

Sparano is a done deal, and most people know it. Everything else is just speculation.

How do you know? Based on media reports or do you have other info?

As the crowd shook

FinSaneFinSaneForum Veteran
Jan 12, 2008, 06:26 PM

They had to have meant Sparano, since the two look similar with the same body types.

BjornBjornForum Veteran
Jan 12, 2008, 06:34 PM

"Nublar7 wrote:

http://www.twincities.com/ci_7939118?source=most_viewed

WTF?

I would shoot myself. OK not really, but I would be really depressed. My friends already give me enough grief being a dolphin fan and them all being Vikings fans. This would just add to it.:(

DFDfan06New Member
Jan 12, 2008, 06:42 PM

PLz Tice does not entice me! I don't want him.

DAdabeastdaboneNew Member
Jan 12, 2008, 06:45 PM

"FiN.in.RI wrote:

you guys all hate the guy.. that could be a good omen.

Actually I agree with this. Everyone loved Saban, everyone loved Cam...how did those work out for us?

We are the Dolphins!
We have a Tuna!
Now we have the "Captain of the Ship"!

In all seriousness I don't care much for Tice but I have faith in Tuna's plan.

PAPassrusherNew Member
Jan 12, 2008, 06:57 PM

Mike Tice is nothing more then a big dumb bumbling embecile who has a thug mentality.

Football is the ONLY sport