1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[MERGED] Why not Singletary for HC?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Stafford, Jan 3, 2008.

Tags:
  1. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    Singletary would be made a fool in a division with Belicheck and Mangini.

2. Dannyg28

Dannyg28 Say hi to the rings

Jan 4, 2008
    hasn't singletary never even been a coordinator? i wouldn't hire anyone who has never been atleast a coordinator

3. MarinoForPres

MarinoForPres New Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Easton, MD
    the next don man there wont be another don.

4. Danny

Danny New Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Great players don't make great HC's for the most part...can you guys think of any HOF player that's been a great HC?

Ozzy rules!!

5. Dannyg28

Jan 4, 2008
    Isiah Thomas
    :lol:
    :lol:

6. Pjack

Pjack New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Ditka is in the HOF. His '85 Bears where one of the best in history led by a middle linebacker and the 46 D. Guess who that middle linebacker was?

7. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    Could be wrong on this one, but I dont think Sparano has ever been a coordinator. He is one of those position and team assisstant guys. And he will likely be the next coach.

Like I said though, I might be remembering that incorrectly.

8. shouright

shouright Banned

Dec 13, 2007
    IMO it would be very great. ;)

9. Dannyg28

Jan 4, 2008
    gee i don't know ....could it have been....mike singletary?

10. Dannyg28

Jan 4, 2008
    That is true,i also don't want us to hire Sporano, would much rather get someone who has atleast been a coordinator

11. Mr.Majestik

Mr.Majestik New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Ryan not Dikta

Let's be honest about this. Buddy Ryan had more to do with that team winning a Super Bowl than Ditka did. Ryan and GM Jim Finks were building that team long before Ditka got there, and when Ryan left, a supremely talented Bears team could never scale the heights of 1985 again. People forget that it was Ryan who as an assistant with the Jets, concocted the game plan that shocked the Colts in Super Bowl 3. He then took over what would come to be known as the Purple People Eaters in Minnesota. He was a rare sort of genius. A Belichick-type but without the patience and introspection to be anything more than a brilliant assistant. He was even an outstanding talent evaluator.

You cannot be a great head coach when you're talking smack on television, denouncing team ownership, calling out your players, and generally being an obnoxious jerk-off, as he was in Philly. He invented the 46 defense, and without it, that great Bears team would not have existed. But alas, Mike Singletary ain't no Buddy Ryan. What are Singletary's credentials? Where has he been responsible for calling defensive plays? Or designing a game plan? And why do people keep claiming he's a great motivator? He's a quiet man that doesn't say much. When he was a player he could lead by example. He didn't have to talk , he could just go out stone people.

12. endorPHINS72

endorPHINS72 New Member

Jan 6, 2008
    Syracuse, New York
    I think Mike Singletary will be an excellent head coach. I know he's not from the Parcells tree but the man is very intense and players definitely respect him. Whatever team gets him as their head coach will be very lucky.

13. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Gosh I love old threads on current topics. We all thought (me included) Singletary would be a big success as a coach.

This could remind us that the opinions we CURRENTLY are so sure of, maybe we should take them with a grain of salt too?

That is, those who say Sparano should stay, Sparano must go, Cowher is the answer, Harbaugh is the answer, and so on and so forth. We THINK we know, but we don;t know. lol

And we never will. ;)

14. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    I think I'd have to go back to FinHeaven to do this, but I sure would love to dig up all the old threads where I argued Matt Ryan should be the pick at #1 and was basically called a fool because we "Already had John Beck!"

Good times.

DolfanJake and Nappy Roots like this.
  15. Garryowen

Garryowen New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    I sit here wondering what, other than being one of the best MLBs of all time is one Singletary's resume to be an HC.

16. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL

hahaha!

17. calphin

calphin deadly at 250 yards!!

Singletary? Did any of you see the niners play for mike? lets NOT change for the sake of change, and if we do hire another coach, lets move up not down....

Pass on mike.

DolfanJake likes this.
  18. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007

ummm this is an old thread that was bumped. No one here is saying he should be our coach now. We all would rather keep sparano.

calphin likes this.
  19. calphin

calphin deadly at 250 yards!!

Thanks brother...I was thinking alot of people must have bumped their heads....;')

FinsAreLife likes this.
  20. Vaark

Vaark Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium

Mar 26, 2008
    Surely I must just be awakening on April Fools Day from the coma induced by the traumatic, anxiety-filled last season? If so, guess it's just in time for the draft.. whoopeee.

Pandarilla likes this.
  21. finserg

finserg Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Linden,NJ
    I would not mind at all

22. Destroyer

Destroyer There for every play.

Oct 25, 2010
    Maryland
    ........check the dates people.......

23. PS17

PS17 NYJ 2010!!!

Jun 20, 2009
    NYC
    LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Singletary is by far the worst coach in the league. I see this is from 08 though...