Miami Heat Road To The Lottery Thread

1355 replies

High DefinitionHigh DefinitionNew MemberOP
Mar 25, 2008, 04:23 PM

Imported from that other site.

Carry on with the discussion, fellas.

Kanye West wrote:

I treat the cash like the government treats AIDS - I won't be satisfied till all my people get it.... GET IT?

ALalen1New Member
Mar 25, 2008, 04:30 PM

Haha this had so many hits at FH. What are your thoughts about Marions future? You think he will stay?

High DefinitionHigh DefinitionNew Member
Mar 26, 2008, 12:03 AM

I can't imagine Shawn Marion receiving a contract that pays $17 million next year. He'll return for at least another year, and if he has a good one, then perhaps he gets a new deal.

Kanye West wrote:

I treat the cash like the government treats AIDS - I won't be satisfied till all my people get it.... GET IT?

FinSaneFinSaneForum Veteran
Mar 26, 2008, 01:14 AM

126 is going crap himself.

Big EBig ENew Member
Mar 26, 2008, 09:37 AM

"FinSane wrote:

126 is going crap himself.

Its not like they can do any worse.

Lab3003Lab3003New Member
Mar 26, 2008, 10:45 AM

What happens with Udonis Haslem now? I don't see how the Heat take the best player, Michael Beasley, with him on the roster. Derrick Rose though is a player. His A/T radio is 1.66, a very good number. And he can create his own shot...but that still doesn't dissuade me from wanting a player who'll give you 25 and 15 from the 4.

Big EBig ENew Member
Mar 26, 2008, 11:01 AM

Haslem becomes a sixth man. If Rile;s still runs the show, Haslem stays.

ALalen1New Member
Mar 26, 2008, 02:04 PM

54 points to the Raptors last week......that is the major low point man. That is sad.

UCFinfan86UCFinfan86Forum Veteran
Mar 26, 2008, 09:04 PM

http://www.miamiherald.com/616/story/470439.html

The Heat privately has indicated a willingness to speak to Marion about a multiyear deal, but it would be surprising if it happens because Miami covets salary-cap space in 2009.

Elton Brand, whom the Heat tried to acquire in 2003, is among players with expiring contracts that summer. (The Clippers doubt he will exercise his opt-out this summer.)

Among others who could be free agents in summer 2009: Andre Miller, Carlos Boozer, Hedo Turkoglu and Lamar Odom.

A few little tidbits in that article about Marion and a contract extension

Mar 26, 2008, 09:10 PM

I like that Brand tidbit :)

FinSaneFinSaneForum Veteran
Mar 27, 2008, 01:26 AM

"enforcerfin33 wrote:

Its not like they can do any worse.

True, but you know how that guy is. He's a freakin' maniac. You remember how pissed he got when someone started this year's thread? And now with the Heat having a miserable year, he think hes got some kinda of karma credibility. Now, you guys have gone and done it again! :no:

Big EBig ENew Member
Mar 27, 2008, 08:33 AM

"FinSane wrote:

True, but you know how that guy is. He's a freakin' maniac. You remember how pissed he got when someone started this year's thread? And now with the Heat having a miserable year, he think hes got some kinda of karma credibility. Now, you guys have gone and done it again! :no:

:lol:..yeh that was great...

High DefinitionHigh DefinitionNew Member
Mar 27, 2008, 09:05 AM

Shaquille O'Neal has once again showcased why he has absolutely zero class with his latest "comments"

What a doo doo stain. Kind of glad that Shaunie robbed him now......

Kanye West wrote:

I treat the cash like the government treats AIDS - I won't be satisfied till all my people get it.... GET IT?

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Mar 27, 2008, 09:12 AM

"Lab3003 wrote:

What happens with Udonis Haslem now? I don't see how the Heat take the best player, Michael Beasley, with him on the roster.

Either Beasley or Haslem will have to play a different spot. I don't get Riley's man-love for Haslem, though: it seems that Riley's had unnatural loyalty to the guy ever since that one game last season where Haslem made the winning field goal.

If the lineup is Wade/Marion/Beasley/Haslem/Williams, then Haslem may have to move inside. It would be a smaller, more energetic team without a true center.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

Big EBig ENew Member
Mar 27, 2008, 09:14 AM

"Desides wrote:

Either Beasley or Haslem will have to play a different spot. I don't get Riley's man-love for Haslem, though: it seems that Riley's had unnatural loyalty to the guy ever since that one game last season where Haslem made the winning field goal.

If the lineup is Wade/Marion/Beasley/Haslem/Williams, then Haslem may have to move inside. It would be a smaller, more energetic team without a true center.

so in essence we become the suns...

High DefinitionHigh DefinitionNew Member
Mar 27, 2008, 09:15 AM

If Miami tries to make a move for a decent player during the summer, then Haslem will definitely be the name thrown around at the top of every discussion. Well, that's if we land the top pick of course. For Miami, not landing the top pick would be more of a disaster than I initially thought. Could you imagine a slide down to #4 with Bayless staying at Arizona and Mayo staying at USC, forcing Miami to "fall in love" with Brook Lopez? Jesus Christ. An entire season thrown away for BROOK LOPEZ!

On a better note, this Stephane Lasme kid is a K-E-E-P-E-R.

Kanye West wrote:

I treat the cash like the government treats AIDS - I won't be satisfied till all my people get it.... GET IT?

DesidesDesidesForum Veteran
Mar 27, 2008, 09:16 AM

"enforcerfin33 wrote:

so in essence we become the suns...

Not quite, but something like that. I'm hoping more for the Warriors. Putting up 130 points a night in the East equates to a guaranteed ECF appearance.

@desides01

"Not you." — Tywin Lannister

High DefinitionHigh DefinitionNew Member
Mar 27, 2008, 09:19 AM

Anyone pick up Gerald Green yet?

This Ahearn kid is obviously the worst PG in the history of the NBA; terminate his 10-day.

Powell displayed some life last night, but Bobby Jones was far more consistent.

Kanye West wrote:

I treat the cash like the government treats AIDS - I won't be satisfied till all my people get it.... GET IT?

High DefinitionHigh DefinitionNew Member
Mar 31, 2008, 07:19 PM

Pat Riley needs to stop drinking. This scrub, Blake Ahearn, shoots 17% from the field in six games and gets an additional 10-day contract.

Kanye West wrote:

I treat the cash like the government treats AIDS - I won't be satisfied till all my people get it.... GET IT?

ALalen1New Member
Mar 31, 2008, 07:38 PM

"KiNG wrote:

Anyone pick up Gerald Green yet?

This Ahearn kid is obviously the worst PG in the history of the NBA; terminate his 10-day.

Powell displayed some life last night, but Bobby Jones was far more consistent.

Nope still out there, surprisingly.

Does anyone else think theres a good chance of Derek Rose being a Heat?

Apr 3, 2008, 05:00 PM

Heat forward Shawn Marion will miss the remainder of the season to undergo treatment on recurrent plantar fasciitis in his left heel.
Marion, who said that he has been battling the painful condition for two years, will undergo the same OssaTron "shock wave" therapy that shut down teammate Dwyane Wade. It is unclear whether his reported back injury was merely a cover-up, but we see no reason why the Heat would have been willfully deceptive. In any case, fantasy owners can finally cut Marion without reservations. Apr. 3 - 3:20 pm et

High DefinitionHigh DefinitionNew Member
Apr 8, 2008, 12:41 PM

I still feel like Derrick Rose has become the #1 pick, regardless of last night's flop which has more to do with CDR's free throw fallout than anything. Rose took that game over in the final ten minutes or so.

I thought Beasley was the sure #1, but Rose had one hell of a tourny overall.

1. Rose
2. Beasley
3. Bayless

That's how it should be right now. If Mayo declares, then Miami is in great shape as we can't get a lower lottery spot than #4. Rose or Beasley would make my day, but Bayless or Mayo as "worst case scenario" options would be excellent. Obviously, I'm not too high on Brook Lopez at all.

Kanye West wrote:

I treat the cash like the government treats AIDS - I won't be satisfied till all my people get it.... GET IT?

Big EBig ENew Member
Apr 8, 2008, 01:23 PM

You're leaving out Gordon.....I dont know if he deserves it or not, but he fits in the top five. And a back court of Rose and Wade would be incredible. But I personally think Beasley is the better choice.

Apr 8, 2008, 01:33 PM

"enforcerfin33 wrote:

Its not like they can do any worse.

We'll somehow draft a kicker wth our pick now

MonstBlitz;2232016 wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me if he is retained. Jeff Ireland is the nightmare that won't end. The **** stain you cannot flush. The Herpes for which there is no cure.

Section126Section126Luxury Box
Apr 9, 2008, 11:24 AM

I am here

@Alf_Arteaga on Twitter
"Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable. .''...- Pat Riley
3 Yards per Carry on itunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/3-yards-per-carry-miami-dolphins/id1363764781?mt=2
3 Yards per Carry for Android:
https://threeyardspercarry.podbean.com/